Possible to make non-food items food?

Users who are viewing this thread

I edited the other "could be food" items to more reflect food, but it didn't work.
Is it possible to make things like ale and wine edible?
Code:
 #other trade goods (first one is spice)
 ["spice","Spice", [("spice_sack",0)], itp_merchandise|itp_type_goods|itp_consumable|itp_food, 0, 880,weight(40)|abundance(25)|food_quality(90)|max_ammo(50),imodbits_none],
 ["salt","Salt", [("salt_sack",0)], itp_merchandise|itp_type_goods, 0, 255,weight(50)|abundance(120),imodbits_none],

#["flour","Flour", [("salt_sack",0)], itp_merchandise|itp_type_goods|itp_consumable, 0, 40,weight(50)|abundance(100)|food_quality(45)|max_ammo(50),imodbits_none],

["oil","Oil", [("oil",0)], itp_merchandise|itp_type_goods|itp_consumable, 0, 450,weight(50)|abundance(60)|food_quality(80)|max_ammo(50),imodbits_none],

["pottery","Pottery", [("jug",0)], itp_merchandise|itp_type_goods, 0, 100,weight(50)|abundance(90),imodbits_none],

["raw_flax","Flax Bundle", [("raw_flax",0)], itp_merchandise|itp_type_goods, 0, 150,weight(40)|abundance(90),imodbits_none],
 ["linen","Linen", [("linen",0)], itp_merchandise|itp_type_goods, 0, 250,weight(40)|abundance(90),imodbits_none],

["wool","Wool", [("wool_sack",0)], itp_merchandise|itp_type_goods, 0, 130,weight(40)|abundance(90),imodbits_none],
 ["wool_cloth","Wool Cloth", [("wool_cloth",0)], itp_merchandise|itp_type_goods, 0, 250,weight(40)|abundance(90),imodbits_none],

["raw_silk","Raw Silk", [("raw_silk_bundle",0)], itp_merchandise|itp_type_goods, 0, 600,weight(30)|abundance(90),imodbits_none],
 ["raw_dyes","Dyes", [("dyes",0)], itp_merchandise|itp_type_goods, 0, 200,weight(10)|abundance(90),imodbits_none],
 ["velvet","Velvet", [("velvet",0)], itp_merchandise|itp_type_goods, 0, 1025,weight(40)|abundance(30),imodbits_none],

["iron","Iron", [("iron",0)], itp_merchandise|itp_type_goods, 0,264,weight(60)|abundance(60),imodbits_none],
 ["tools","Tools", [("iron_hammer",0)], itp_merchandise|itp_type_goods, 0, 410,weight(50)|abundance(90),imodbits_none],

["raw_leather","Hides", [("leatherwork_inventory",0)], itp_merchandise|itp_type_goods, 0, 120,weight(40)|abundance(90),imodbits_none],
 ["leatherwork","Leatherwork", [("leatherwork_frame",0)], itp_merchandise|itp_type_goods, 0, 220,weight(40)|abundance(90),imodbits_none],

["raw_date_fruit","Date Fruit", [("date_inventory",0)], itp_merchandise|itp_type_goods|itp_consumable|itp_food, 0, 120,weight(40)|food_quality(10)|max_ammo(10),imodbits_none],
 ["furs","Furs", [("fur_pack",0)], itp_merchandise|itp_type_goods, 0, 391,weight(40)|abundance(90),imodbits_none],

["wine","Wine", [("amphora_slim",0)], itp_merchandise|itp_type_goods|itp_consumable|itp_food, 0, 220,weight(30)|abundance(60)|food_quality(80)|max_ammo(50),imodbits_none],
 ["ale","Ale", [("ale_barrel",0)], itp_merchandise|itp_type_goods|itp_consumable|itp_food, 0, 120,weight(30)|abundance(70)|food_quality(70)|max_ammo(50),imodbits_none],

# ["dry_bread", "wheat_sack", itp_type_goods|itp_consumable, 0, slt_none,view_goods,95,weight(2),max_ammo(50),imodbits_none],
#foods (first one is smoked_fish)
 ["smoked_fish","Smoked Fish", [("smoked_fish",0)], itp_merchandise|itp_type_goods|itp_consumable|itp_food, 0, 65,weight(15)|abundance(110)|food_quality(50)|max_ammo(50),imodbits_none],
 ["cheese","Cheese", [("cheese_b",0)], itp_merchandise|itp_type_goods|itp_consumable|itp_food, 0, 75,weight(6)|abundance(110)|food_quality(40)|max_ammo(30),imodbits_none],
 ["honey","Honey", [("honey_pot",0)], itp_merchandise|itp_type_goods|itp_consumable|itp_food, 0, 220,weight(5)|abundance(110)|food_quality(40)|max_ammo(30),imodbits_none],
 ["sausages","Sausages", [("sausages",0)], itp_merchandise|itp_type_goods|itp_consumable|itp_food, 0, 85,weight(10)|abundance(110)|food_quality(40)|max_ammo(40),imodbits_none],
 ["cabbages","Cabbages", [("cabbage",0)], itp_merchandise|itp_type_goods|itp_consumable|itp_food, 0, 30,weight(15)|abundance(110)|food_quality(40)|max_ammo(50),imodbits_none],
 ["dried_meat","Dried Meat", [("smoked_meat",0)], itp_merchandise|itp_type_goods|itp_consumable|itp_food, 0, 85,weight(15)|abundance(100)|food_quality(70)|max_ammo(50),imodbits_none],
 ["apples","Fruit", [("apple_basket",0)], itp_merchandise|itp_type_goods|itp_consumable|itp_food, 0, 44,weight(20)|abundance(110)|food_quality(40)|max_ammo(50),imodbits_none],
 ["raw_grapes","Grapes", [("grapes_inventory",0)], itp_merchandise|itp_consumable|itp_type_goods, 0, 75,weight(40)|abundance(90)|food_quality(10)|max_ammo(10),imodbits_none], #x2 for wine
 ["raw_olives","Olives", [("olive_inventory",0)], itp_merchandise|itp_consumable|itp_type_goods, 0, 100,weight(40)|abundance(90)|food_quality(10)|max_ammo(10),imodbits_none], #x3 for oil
 ["grain","Grain", [("wheat_sack",0)], itp_merchandise|itp_type_goods|itp_consumable, 0, 30,weight(30)|abundance(110)|food_quality(40)|max_ammo(50),imodbits_none],

["cattle_meat","Beef", [("raw_meat",0)], itp_merchandise|itp_type_goods|itp_consumable|itp_food, 0, 80,weight(20)|abundance(100)|food_quality(80)|max_ammo(50),imodbits_none],
 ["bread","Bread", [("bread_a",0)], itp_merchandise|itp_type_goods|itp_consumable|itp_food, 0, 50,weight(30)|abundance(110)|food_quality(40)|max_ammo(50),imodbits_none],
 ["chicken","Chicken", [("chicken",0)], itp_merchandise|itp_type_goods|itp_consumable|itp_food, 0, 95,weight(10)|abundance(110)|food_quality(40)|max_ammo(50),imodbits_none],
 ["pork","Pork", [("pork",0)], itp_merchandise|itp_type_goods|itp_consumable|itp_food, 0, 75,weight(15)|abundance(100)|food_quality(70)|max_ammo(50),imodbits_none],
 ["butter","Butter", [("butter_pot",0)], itp_merchandise|itp_type_goods|itp_consumable|itp_food, 0, 150,weight(6)|abundance(110)|food_quality(40)|max_ammo(30),imodbits_none],

#Would like to remove flour altogether and reduce chicken, pork and butter (perishables) to non-trade items. Apples could perhaps become a generic "fruit", also representing dried fruit and grapes
 # Armagan: changed order so that it'll be easier to remove them from trade goods if necessary.
#************************************************************************************************
# ITEMS before this point are hardcoded into item_codes.h and their order should not be changed!
#************************************************************************************************

Does anyone know if there is a tutorial out there on how to modify food items?  Specifically I want to change ale and wine into consumable goods with a higher boost to party morale, if possible. 

I'm pretty new to modding so I just want to make sure I understand what "expand(ing) the range of consumable goods" means and if that could be helpful in getting the desired results.

IchbinIan said:
Does anyone know if there is a tutorial out there on how to modify food items?  Specifically I want to change ale and wine into consumable goods with a higher boost to party morale, if possible. 

I'm pretty new to modding so I just want to make sure I understand what "expand(ing) the range of consumable goods" means and if that could be helpful in getting the desired results.

visit the Q&A thread for quick questions

you need to visit the tutorial section and read on the basics of MBScript, that will teach you about constants, ranges of values, etc. See module_constants.py and look for the food range declared there.

the other change you will need to learn about operations, coding, and how to edit the trigger/script related to food bonus.

Alright thanks kalarhan.  I'm realizing after reading through some stuff on here that a lot of the things I want to do are a little more complicated than adding weapons and armor.  I'm going to keep reading stuff on here.

IchbinIan said:

I'm pretty sure I had drinks as food in my Rigale code, which is OSP.
  Even if the rest of the code is undercooked, at least food AND drink was available with morale bonus and food content.

But after you do this, you should go find the lines where when planning for a feast with your wife she estimates your current food and supplies, as the marker for where drinks begin and end needs moving if drinks are also classed as foods.  Search module_dialogs  for  spouse_talk to hunt the feast dialogs, which then show the scripts called to evaluate your feast, which tells you what the ranges are, which you'll edit at module_constants

"Find in Files" is the tool of choice when leaping from a line you find in dialogs to looking at that script/etc with minimum effort.  That lets you find just the name in quotes as well as every line that calls the script; the script name in quotes is the script to follow.  I could hunt that down for you but the couple minutes you'll spend to find it yourself is building your skills.  My first months trying to script I never realized syntax was kept at  header_operations.py    as a complete documentation for Warband scripting.  Even better if you get Lav's version from W.R.E.C.K. 1.0, which has better help.

Good luck, Warband needs more modders.  I'm certainly not a good example, but others are.  There is plenty of room for more.

Back
Top Bottom