SP Native Possible Tavern Songs Mod?

Users who are viewing this thread

Hi there all!

So, tentatively testing the waters for this idea: a mod that simply adds song options via dialogues to all the tavern minstrels, and they actually sing you songs when you do so. Obviously we can't just package up music from anywhere, but that's where my obsessive ability to produce middling quality vaguely bardic/folky music at high speed comes in: I've written seven original songs this week that I'm thinking could be used for this, and I have ideas for at least two more.

If anyone would like to help on the dialogue coding that would be welcome, not so much because I can't do it as because it would free me up to produce more music.

I've put some slightly more detailed thoughts over on Exilian if people want to poke around and look at the lyrics etc I've written so far.

I think what you can do now is to locate the file that plays in taverns now (it must be ogg file in: YourLocation\Steam\App\steamapps\common\Mount & Blade II Bannerlord\music\PC ) and replace it with the file you want (just give it the exact same name and have it saved in ogg format).

Don't forget to back-up the game's original file, in case you want it back :smile:

I know it's not what you want to have for now, but at least you can tweak an atmosphere to your liking for now. Once the modding tools are out, there will be more options.

Thank you!

And yeah, I figured things might be limited for now - for the momen I suspect it makes sense to just keep writing more music, and then deal with the implementation when that becomes more possible. I might also just release the songs on YouTube separately and use that to test the water for whether people will like the style, if people might be interested in that?

Thank you!

And yeah, I figured things might be limited for now - for the momen I suspect it makes sense to just keep writing more music, and then deal with the implementation when that becomes more possible. I might also just release the songs on YouTube separately and use that to test the water for whether people will like the style, if people might be interested in that?
Some people will definitely be interested.
Personally good atmospheric music is very important for me in the games so, speaking of myself, I will definitely look into it and I am sure there will be others. So, why not.

P.S.
Some of the best and most memorable things in my gaming experience were bard songs in skyrim and witcher and Leliana's song in Dragon Age

Back
Top Bottom