Posible improvements ?

What are your thoughts ?

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

davazno1

Recruit
Hello
Very happy with the game but so far there are certain things that may improve the gameplay . My thoughts:

1 Sacking of towns and castles for a big reward ? Maybe with options to ocupy , raid , sack ,etc . If villages get sacked why not castles or towns ?
2 Better control on clan parties such as - raid , defend , dont raid , raid certain enemies , etc . My clan parties are damaging the clan (they are out of control , they raid villages with which i have good relations and get this - i dont even get anything when they do, they attack mindlessly and getting captured )
3 Better prisoner management , prisoners hardly join and are too cheap to sell ,they are almost not worth capturing . Maybe if captives are much harder to capture and easier to join and more expensive to sell wold be better . If looters are easier to capture but a fian champion should be harder .
4 Character development , forget "jack of all trades" , you cant be jack of one trade . After 100 hours , lvl 18 , clan level 5 , own big kingdom my character is very modest , 100 single hand , around 70 smithing and i maxed out at almost all important traits . Even if i trade massive amounts of captives and merchandise , rogue skill , trade skill wont develop . The real strength is the clan strength and the army . If one uses crossbows he should implrove that skill as long as it is used (i use one hand sword and lance and horse for 100 hours but cant improve because i had to balance with leadership , tactics , medicine ,etc ). When bored to be a horse archer maybe i can try foot/shield /axe and thus i can reinvent my character , start developing those attributes .
5 Develop villages to make them more strategic . Right now i simply do not care if my villages are raided . Maybe some buildings , dwellings for higher tier troops would transform the village into something i would protect .Maybe if the village produces horses should pay horses to the lord . And if this case some villages are better then others.
6 Rebuild walls or buildings after town/ castle siege or at least make some investment .
7 CASTLE SIEGE defending concept is bad , after 2 gameplays , 200 hours i did not manage to defend even once . If the AI finds me in the castle it leaves after a few days , if siege is allready in progress i cant join without loosing half the army during breakin , it is a no win situation .
8 Troop recruitment , i cant get to recruit higher tier troops , relations are hard to maintain and improve and very easy to lose .
9 Tournaments are good only in the beginning . More variety may be better and maybe different types (more difficult with better rewards) . Fighting a merchant gives me the same reward as fighting a knight and all give 3 renown . Maybe if more lords are present the renown is greater and maybe you can organise a tourney in your own town , invite lords ,select fighters , prize and difficulty and thus renown . Right now all are the same .
10 BOOKS , a very good ideea from Warband , maybe you could improve and get perks by reading certain rare books . Maybe these books can be obtain by completing certain quests (like assembling the dragon banner should be a big deal and give some perk, eliminating a faction the same ) .
11 Lack of serious trade items , even if i have 2-300K i dont know on what to spend besides food . Maybe improving relations with town or town lord should grant access to better items in that town like armour and weapons .
12 More quests , if the quests are repetitive , one solution might be to increase the number of quests . An NPC herald might notify you of kingdom quests and you can choose .
13 Roving bands , looters / forrest or mountain bandits are just not enough , after several hours that part of the game no longer interests anyone . You wont chase 40 looters anymore when you are vassal or king and if you have big army . More roving bands , deserters , REBELS , etc .
14 Speaking of rebels , rebelions and rebels were a constant in history . Squashing a rebellion might be a good quest . Maybe rebelious villages / castles could generate enemies , like holdouts.
15 Caravans should provide rumors and act as spies (there are no spies in the game ) thus encouraging you to use caravans all the time and find secrets , what castles to sack , who would betray ,etc .
16 Garrisons are depleting . I know its realistic but it is not fun to train peasants into sharpshoters just to disappear for lack of food . Maybe food can be stored and for ex: 500 food you may leave 50 garrison , at 1000 food leave 100 garrison and so on ,with a limit .
17 Building prisons should block prisoners escaping .
18 Mercenaries . More mercenaries for hire , more diverse . For example if i like vlandians i would like to hire a vlandian company (10 sharps , 20 crossbows ) , or 2 knights-5 Squires, maybe hire a company of x amount of Kuzait horsemen for x amount . Maybe the price could be permanent (very expensive) or temporary (cheaper) .
19 I have many more ideeas but this should be enough for now .

What do you think ?

Regards,
Dave

Yep lots of good ideas. It's unclear if TW is going to be adding much to the game though. I hope maybe we can get some information in the new year as to if they are going to spice it up or throw it to the wolves(modders) in march. This kind of stuff has been being suggested since long before EA.

Virtually everything in the game has room for improvement but TW seems to be mostly just tinkering with a long list of "this doesn't work fix it" building up.
I hope at least they will re-do the character development as it's very non-functional.

Back
Top Bottom