Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
Branch
Main
Modded/unmodded
No, I didn't use any mods.

Lornloth00

Knight at Arms
Summary: Lag, popping in and lengthy loading times. In previous versions of the game the loading from an external drive was minimal but since 1.7.0 through 1.8.0 there has been lots of problems loading textures. Its so bad it causes lag and freezing. Even at the lowest settings this happens and my two rigs can handle this game at high or ultra settings. This happens in both Windows 11 and Linux Mint 20.04 whether its Steam, Epic or GoG. All of my specs are in my signature at the bottom of each post I make. The only solution is to install the game to the 'C drive' or the main drive whether on Linux or Windows then performs is better and stable.
How to Reproduce: Play Bannerlord on an external drive or disk.
Have you used cheats and if so which: no
Scene Name (if related): All
Media (Screenshots & Video):n/a
Computer Specs:
GPU: Look in Signature
GPU Driver Version:Look in Signature
CPU:Look in Signature
RAM:Look in Signature
Motherboard:Look in Signature
Storage Device (HDD/SSD): SSD and M.2

We have a special performance build to check for these issues by collecting telemetry data. With that data, we can see exactly where and when the game's performance issues happened.
  • Switch to “perf_test” from the Steam betas tab. You can also use the "perf_test_beta" for the most current beta build-related issues. You can find more info about it here.
  • Open the game as usual and proceed to the stage where you are experiencing performance issues.
  • Before the performance issues start, toggle the profiling tool by holding the “right shift” and pressing the “T” key.
  • Record for 20-30 seconds, press the toggle key combination again. Please keep in mind that, the more you record, the more upload time it will require.
  • Find the "test.tmcap" file in the "...\Mount & Blade II Bannerlord\bin\Win64_Shipping_Client" folder. You can find the "Mount & Blade II Bannerlord" folder inside the games installation folder.
  • Finally, you can send the file to us via the ticketing system. You can find more info about how to upload files to us with the ticketing system here.
  • It is appreciated if you provide more information about your PC, what you were doing while the game was recording, and your graphics configuration. If the data you are trying to upload is too big or the site fails to upload, you can use an alternative site to upload your data. If you choose to do that please left a reply to this thread with the download link.

Are you still experiencing this issue on the latest version of the game? We have made a lot of performance improvements since this report is originally submitted.

I am marking this thread as resolved because we did not get the information asked in time. If you are still experiencing this issue please let us know by leaving a reply to this thread. Sorry for any inconvenience.

Back
Top Bottom