PoP planned for Bannerlord ?

Users who are viewing this thread

My humble opinion...
PoP was way ahead of warband, in every single aspect. I can't imagine the thousands of hours that it must have taken to develop something like this. Every feature was carefully looked after, and in comparison, it made raw warband look simplistic, slow and boring.
I ignore if there is something already roaming around. (I dont have facebook) but if there is such a community interest, I would definitely go as kickstarter. Estimate costs, duration and get properly paid to do so. Of course, if the creative team behind it is willing and able to retake this project. But if it developed, I would hope that it has the same standards as the first one.
Does it need to be a strict conversion? I really don't know. I would love to see knight orders and swarms of demons running around in bannerlord. But it's totally up to the creative team to decide. I am sure they have plenty of ideas by themselves.
So... if there is a kickstarter and a community, I already advance that I would gladly pledge $100 for the project. But please, do say it through steam/talesworld... too, and not just through facebook, for those of us who live without it :smile:
I hope there is enough community interest to backup this project. It would be really exciting!

Last edited:
Good idea !

If the problem is the money, why not use the crowd funding channel (Kickstarter for instance) to fix this issue ? I am also willing to back the project with money

The death&replace character you are playing system could give POP double chances for character build, like you can switch from 2 characters, hero of Mordigan(OP stats to fit the lore of POP), and a random adventurer like vanillia game(a second character you can control, which is just a normal human without OP stats), to both roleplay as the chosen of pendor and an adventurer raised from normal people.

Probably. But I think starting with 2 side would be:

- True lineage (starting at lvl 10, having 150 renown, 15 RTR and around 10k denars, with decent armor and gear)

- Wanderer (Normal start)

The mod devs have to be paid to work on this project. Or TW just buy it and officially publish it as a DLC.
The assests to be created are just way too detailed campared to warband and that require a lot of hard labour which does not come cheap.

The creator of PoP said on a live stream a few months back that he would want to do it, but it would have to be monetized in some way as there is just no way that they are able to keep doing what they are doing for free considering the amount of man hours that goes into making such a big mod.

He also said that if he was to make a PoP for Bannerlord, it would be a different setting but the same world (like different era and place in world).
Saxondragon, who is the current mod lead, may have other ideas and may be OK making it "as-is" in Bannerlord. I am just re-iterating what he said on stream.

I'm totally willing to pay for PoP for Bannerlord. PoP is a very special game for me - so immersive and fun and challenging all in one package!

12471843_453476504841518_6371800695388241307_o.jpg

Considering how stupidly broken bannerlord is now i would pay the same price for Pop in bannerlord and would play it on my youtube channel for publicity.
I can't even imagine how to play a normal game in bannerlord on their terible map

Unfortunately, even if development begins, it would be many years - perhaps into the mid-2020s until Pendor was in its full glory (by that I mean all features released).

I would pay to support PoP Bannerlord development happily.
I would expect it to take around a year before release. But I am used to waiting for PoP releases. I get more excited for them than I do with actual games.

Just bringing this thread into 2021. I would happily contribute actual money to a PoP project for Bannerlord, but I'd say that waiting until the game is more stable (and additional tools are released) first would be a good idea. I'm sure there'd be no shortage of people willing to back the mod/DLC financially and/or help with development. Fingers crossed.

Just bringing this thread into 2021. I would happily contribute actual money to a PoP project for Bannerlord, but I'd say that waiting until the game is more stable (and additional tools are released) first would be a good idea. I'm sure there'd be no shortage of people willing to back the mod/DLC financially and/or help with development. Fingers crossed.
Thanks Cyprian2, that is exactly the plan.. Let me lay it out for everyone the timeline.

1. Finish my current project with another development team.
2. Taleworlds has to complete their software development kit along with the map designer and release it.
3. We must develop a project plan (design documents, lore documents, writing documents, art bible, coding manifesto and data dictionary) for POP.. added features, factions, artwork, banners etc.
4. I have to obtain, install and learn C#. Then I have to learn what they did in Bannerlord and how their system works and understand if the designs from #3 can be done, or modified or dropped.
5. I need to contact Taleworlds with a completed #3 and explore if this is a standalone product, dlc or something else.

This all has to be done before a single line of code is written, or any artwork is done or lore is implemented into the game, or music is explored and selected or voice overs (if we do them) are written, directed and implemented. Once we can code it, then we are looking at many months of work; 18 to 36 months at a wild guess before "The first" playable version is available depending on everything above. I know we all want answers, and I would love to give them to you. But I would be remiss if I set something in stone when I know very well that there are so many factors in play that it would have no real value. I refuse to commit to something if I cannot guarantee the integrity of the answer or results.

There are a few other variables that will modify this, such as the available talent pool and how that talent pool is recruited and compensated.

For those of you who are players and have never been part of an entertainment development process I would like to take this opportunity to let you know that this is not simple. This is many thousands of hours of coordinated skilled labor. The original POP in mount&Blade was two thousand hours to reach the 1.0 version. Then another four to six thousand hours in maybe 10 development cycles to reach where it is today and that only by the efforts of a top tier coder who donated his time to the conversion and to the extension into Warband and the superhuman collective effort of highly skilled folks who took a passion to this work and donated their effort and time to make this project come alive.

Compare with native game, I think pop knows how to let the game more fun to play. Please make persistent efforts and I will buy it without hesitation if pop is as DLC.

Thanks Cyprian2, that is exactly the plan.. Let me lay it out for everyone the timeline.

1. Finish my current project with another development team.
2. Taleworlds has to complete their software development kit along with the map designer and release it.
3. We must develop a project plan (design documents, lore documents, writing documents, art bible, coding manifesto and data dictionary) for POP.. added features, factions, artwork, banners etc.
4. I have to obtain, install and learn C#. Then I have to learn what they did in Bannerlord and how their system works and understand if the designs from #3 can be done, or modified or dropped.
5. I need to contact Taleworlds with a completed #3 and explore if this is a standalone product, dlc or something else.

This all has to be done before a single line of code is written, or any artwork is done or lore is implemented into the game, or music is explored and selected or voice overs (if we do them) are written, directed and implemented. Once we can code it, then we are looking at many months of work; 18 to 36 months at a wild guess before "The first" playable version is available depending on everything above. I know we all want answers, and I would love to give them to you. But I would be remiss if I set something in stone when I know very well that there are so many factors in play that it would have no real value. I refuse to commit to something if I cannot guarantee the integrity of the answer or results.

There are a few other variables that will modify this, such as the available talent pool and how that talent pool is recruited and compensated.

For those of you who are players and have never been part of an entertainment development process I would like to take this opportunity to let you know that this is not simple. This is many thousands of hours of coordinated skilled labor. The original POP in mount&Blade was two thousand hours to reach the 1.0 version. Then another four to six thousand hours in maybe 10 development cycles to reach where it is today and that only by the efforts of a top tier coder who donated his time to the conversion and to the extension into Warband and the superhuman collective effort of highly skilled folks who took a passion to this work and donated their effort and time to make this project come alive.
Thanks for taking the time to write such a detailed explanation, saxondragon. It gives one hope at least that the DLC (or other release) is a possibility, if a distant one. Given that I've not spent any time with Bannerlord, I am still more than happy to enjoy the greatness that is PoP 3.9. Every day, I find new things to appreciate in this magnificent mod -- enough to keep me busy for another 10 years! Of course, we players are the ones who've benefited from the hours upon hours of work that went into creating PoP and a repeat of this for Bannerlord is a big ask. That said, I know that there are many in the community who would gladly offer support in whatever form they can. May the tears of the dragon bless the project as it begins its long journey!

Hit the jackpot at the lottery and retire, SD, then get it done. Leaves me time to finally set up the "new" old schlepptop which is standng around for almost 2 years now doing nothing....
Haven´t had a dose of PoP in years and I greatly dislike the new forum style.

Is this new Mount and Blade Bannerlord any good?

Mount and Blade Bannerlord is really good in my opinion but I still play old Warband because of the PoP mod and the game it gives.

I am already super keen to see PoP brought to Bannerlord and would hands down want to help in any way that I can.

Is this new Mount and Blade Bannerlord any good?
It sucks on many fronts compared to Warband, but looks better. Taleworlds blew it and only mods would save BL now - once Taleworlds finishes fixing the basics at some indefinite point in the future.
Glad to see you are not dead yet. Stay that way.

Back
Top Bottom