PoP planned for Bannerlord ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Dear Prophesy of Pendor Team,

First, I would like to thank you again for your mod. I have spent like 200 or 300 hours on it. Pure fun !

I expected to see the question but I have not found it. So here it is : is a PoP mod planned for Bannerlord ?
Is it planned ASAP, or once Bannerlord gets more stable ?

Kind regards

PoP on Bannerlord was considered as a future project 2-3 years ago, not sure what's the actual case currently. I haven't seen any official confirmation beside the application of the mod creators to get an early access to the assets and modding tools of Bannerlord around 2 years ago.

In any case, here are some threads/posts I found and remembered of. Note that all of them are 2-3 years old as well, so they are not telling what's the current situation:
https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?threads/modding-bannerlord-questions.366351/#post-8777282
https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?threads/will-pop-be-going-to-bannerlord.363784/#post-8730206

Last edited by a moderator:
+1
With nearly 2000 hours spent on the various versions of M&B - For me, PoP was true manifestation of Warband. Everything else, including vanilla, was measured against PoP.

I think it would be really too boring to create the same mod just in a different engine, the time would be better spent making something new to enjoy.

edit-- some suggestions
Destiny of Dendor
Fate of Fendor

I think it would be really too boring to create the same mod just in a different engine, the time would be better spent making something new to enjoy.

edit-- some suggestions
Destiny of Dendor
Fate of Fendor
The setting location (in Amala, not Pendor), factions, troop trees and timeline (well after the hero of Madigan) would be completely different already, so I wouldn't worry about any kind of redundancy: https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?threads/prophesy-of-pendor-4-0-developer-notes.161489/

edit-- some suggestions
Destiny of Dendor
Fate of Fendor
I don't agree with you, I think recreate current PoP in bannerlord would make the game much more interesting and playable, I had played bannerlord for about 200 hours, feeling the game in depth by many aspects, and everytime I understand a mechanic I see more hope for POP in bannerlord.
e.g.
- Bannerlord uses RNG companions, in POP we could create RNG companions from various KOs, which makes the game more immersive.
- The clan system will benefit POP more as household is a important role in POP lore, KOs and minor factions could use clan system as well.
- The death&replace character you are playing system could give POP double chances for character build, like you can switch from 2 characters, hero of Mordigan(OP stats to fit the lore of POP), and a random adventurer like vanillia game(a second character you can control, which is just a normal human without OP stats), to both roleplay as the chosen of pendor and an adventurer raised from normal people.
- The perk system of bannerlord is pretty flexible and interesting, in POP we could make characters more "fantasy", like block arrows with swords, like area damage, superhuman speed, which are already things in bannnerlord 1.4.

Nevertheless bannerlord had too many QoL improvements and realistic economy, all of those would make players enjoy POP more.

Thank you all for your replies (I haven't seen them earlier cause I was expeting notifications on the forum interface). I have read the message on Facebook page and it seems quite clear there will be no POP TEAM Bannerlord Mod soon.
You know what, I paused my Bannerlord game and started a new POP one :smile:

Back
Top Bottom