PoP performance fix.

Users who are viewing this thread

Hi there, I managed to get myself a decent PC after years of playing on low. Normally game runs smooth , smooth like butter but whenever I get into a big fight, let's say a battle of 500 total, game drops frames like crazy. It drops into 20s and 30s, now I know, I know that Warbands engine can't handle big fights but since late game PoP armies are big as hell I at least expect 300 troops on the field total but as I said I can't. If anyone knows a fix or something I would really appreciate it

My Specs:
RTX 2060
Ryzen 5 2600
16GB Ram

It's because of the battle size. You need to turn it down. I'd say 100-150 (200 max) is the sweet spot for your PC. Your CPU is a little on the low-end side, and you have to remember this is a very old game, and not exactly optimized, especially not for multi-core CPUs (like yours). I guess you can try to disable sound variation and see if that improves it some, but other than that, I would have to say either test to see if you have your GPU drivers installed or to turn down battle size.

I got a new issue here. PoP stutters like crazy and I don't know how to fix it. I tried turning down graphics, I tried smaller battle sizes hell I even tried a battle with only 50 people yet it always drops frames every 10 seconds. It drops to 58 fps and jumps back 60 right back. It's unplayable. I tried native Warband and it just runs fine no drops or anything. I would really appreciate any help

Restart the game, it's an engine problem of Warband. Basically it has memory leaking issues. Reloads fasten the process greatly. Without that, PoP can usually run for about 1 hour 30 min without any major slowdowns. You probably don't experience the slowdown in Native because it's less heavy on memory and also you need to reload less as it's easier and more forgiving in general.

TL/DR.: Just restart Warband.exe when you start to notice slowdowns.

Back
Top Bottom