PoP Official 3.9 Changelog [OLD]

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
MitchyMatt said:
- player won't be able to join battles between Noldor Lordsand one of the 17 "Qualis Heroes" (Wolfbode, Maltise, Warlord_Zulkar etc.)
Only between Noldor Lords and one of the 17 "Qualis Heroes"? Or between Noldor and minor troops in general?

Guess the banquet of empire is the only way to defeat Maltise now.

It is funny that PoP’s main story is noldor and human VS snake cult, whilst player cannot join the fight with noldor lord and Maltise, as if noldor lords could win without player :lol:

Oh, it is possible if both noldor lords go.

uSir said:
MitchyMatt said:
- player won't be able to join battles between Noldor Lordsand one of the 17 "Qualis Heroes" (Wolfbode, Maltise, Warlord_Zulkar etc.)
Only between Noldor Lords and one of the 17 "Qualis Heroes"? Or between Noldor and minor troops in general?

If a Noldor Lord engages with an unique spawn, the player will not be able to join.

@Latis I dont really like this change neither, even thought I see its reasoning and its aim to shutdown this "lure to Noldor lord for an easy take-down mechanic", but IMO it could've been handled with a more welcoming outcome, not just shutting it from 100 to 0 from one patch to the next one.

uSir said:
MitchyMatt said:
Aeldarian or Ithilrandir
vs.
Burilgi the Usurper, Oswald de Fleur, Meregan Kierlic, Kodan Ironsword, Syla Uzas, Sheik Shalavan, Sir Boris the Raven, Alaric von Brouhaha, Wolfbode The Slayer, Maltise, K'Juda The Ravager, Warlord Zulkar, Obrist Heynrich, Verante Kruus, Rufio Vincente de Villaviciosia, Sebastokrator Kaspax, Holy Inquisitor Rasmus Devatica, Seeress, Eyegrim the Devourer

And vice versa

k0nr@d said:
uSir said:
MitchyMatt said:
Aeldarian or Ithilrandir
vs.
Burilgi the Usurper, Oswald de Fleur, Meregan Kierlic, Kodan Ironsword, Syla Uzas, Sheik Shalavan, Sir Boris the Raven, Alaric von Brouhaha, Wolfbode The Slayer, Maltise, K'Juda The Ravager, Warlord Zulkar, Obrist Heynrich, Verante Kruus, Rufio Vincente de Villaviciosia, Sebastokrator Kaspax, Holy Inquisitor Rasmus Devatica, Seeress, Eyegrim the Devourer

And vice versa

Soooo.... Eyegrim and the seers give qualis gems now? Sweet. Anyway, good job so far keep it up!

KarlXII said:
k0nr@d said:
uSir said:
MitchyMatt said:
Aeldarian or Ithilrandir
vs.

And vice versa
Soooo.... Eyegrim and the seers give qualis gems now? Sweet. Anyway, good job so far keep it up!

Its one of the options, this is how it'll work for Eyegrim and 3 Seers (screenshot from wikia):
mGWt8HA.png

Oh, what a large red dot on Eyegrim skull will be painted in 3.9... Bye-bye invincible heretic faction and numerous small warbands, you'll be missed. Kind of - it's a reasonable change to make player to fight heretic armies.

3. NOLDOR
- "defense bonus" (x2), when player autoresolve battle against them
So you are going to make your already OP mary sue elves even stronger for no reason because... ?
Or does this mean that there was a x2 bonus but now it's removed?

DrunkenSailor said:
3. NOLDOR
- "defense bonus" (x2), when player autoresolve battle against them
So you are going to make your already OP mary sue elves even stronger for no reason because... ?
Not me, but the mod creators. Bonus has been in the code since forever (pre 3.611), just not implemented correctly (bonus was cancelled during calculations).

According to the notes in the source code creators wanted to reduce cheesy strategy of autocalc Noldor, beating and looting them in this easy way.

Ralyks said:
KarlXII said:
k0nr@d said:
uSir said:
MitchyMatt said:
Aeldarian or Ithilrandir
vs.

And vice versa

Its one of the options, this is how it'll work for Eyegrim and 3 Seers (screenshot from wikia):
mGWt8HA.png

This is definitely much more useful, but I had a thought: if I really wanted a demon charger, I would want to let him escape? Does that mean my endgame 90% to capture would work against me?

Indeed, with 10 prisoner management skill the Demon Charger will come at a 0.5% chance. With 0 prisoner management, its a 3% chance... But remember Demon Charger is not tagged as unique, so you can loot his horse if you're lucky (even with a good modifier), but you'll have to fight in number's disadvantage (and with high looting) as the horse has already a high value, else the horse will never be in the loot screen :smile:

At least there's a chance. Looting good gear has always been too difficult. I get that you guys don't want to make it easy, but over the course of 4 or 5 long games (lasting 1000+ days) plus dozens of short playthroughs I have yet to get any good loot from spawns at all. It's all just the lower tier stuff.

Not for me, I looted some really unique stuff. Like Demonskin, runed bastard swords, netherworld chargers and netherworld shields and some other things.

player won't be able to join battles between Noldor Lords and one of the 17 "Qualis Heroes" (Wolfbode, Maltise, Warlord_Zulkar etc.)

Wow, I sure missed a lot. As if QGs weren't rare enough, now you can't use Uncle Aeldarian's help and have to rely on squishy lords, that run at the first sight of Maltise even when they outnumber her 2 to 1. I think its needless to say, that I hate this change with passion, just imagining how incredibly annoying it will be to herd lords into a spawn. I really hope i will be able to dig around in the code to fix it as I will RBS change.

Otherwise - I really like everything in those changes, it will be even more amazing than it was before. If you're still accepting people as beta-testers - I'd really like to take part in that.

I think “reload won’t change the outcome of something” is enough to avoid the exploit of unique heros.
Unique heros are not always appears, and player needs to find them first(and the info for them cost 2000).

Latis the Darkgryphon said:
I think “reload won’t change the outcome of something” is enough to avoid the exploit of unique heros.
Unique heros are not always appears, and player needs to find them first(and the info for them cost 2000).

Oh, somehow I managed to overlook that one) So not only QGs are extremely rare (wait for the spawn, find the spawn, make it in time before its killed if its a weak one), extremely hard (beat that thousand snake cultitst raping party without noldor help with those fancy new Asp units) and now if after all those hardships random says "f... you" - you can't do a thing about it, but go whine on the forums. Thats one golden way to bring out more joy and fun from the mod. I am actually starting to have doubts about migrating to 3.9 when its out. I mean the additions are really nice, fixes are pretty much essenial, but one of the key game features (QG) got astronomically harder to find, while everything you buy with it didn't change much. Damn, I hope Leonion or someone else gives us a way to disable that sadism.

Maybe cheaters would be amazed but that's how normal people play PoP all this time, they're simply planning to force intended gameplay fixing an oversight and possibility for cheating. There's nothing too hard in beating Dread legion with 300 army and some friendly empire lords or with 500 your troops only later. If you want QG for nothing you can always cheat any number you want, as well as money and troops.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom