Poosistent World

Users who are viewing this thread

AmLSD

Recruit
How the hell do you respawn in this mod? Every time I die I have to disconnect and wait for my ****ty internet to trudge its way through the server list until it so pleases to show me the server I was on. I've tried pressing 1, I've tried pressing 5, I've tried pressing every number in between. I've asked people for help (they called me a ******), hell, I've almost broken my damn keyboard because of this ass. I even went so far as spouting extremist Islam rhetoric just in an attempt to get someone to notice my plight, but obviously, they were too busy running around naked and killing each other all while saying memes. Please help me.

I haven't heard any other reports of players being unable to spawn on a server running the official version of PW - since quite a few versions ago when there was a bug that was fixed a week or so later - so I am guessing that the server you are connecting to is running a tweaked module with bugs in the script changes. Try connecting to another server.

You don't need to press any number to respawn: that will happen automatically after the timer counts down. The numbers are just for choosing a specific spawn point, if you have figured out where they are for that scene.

Also it's recommended to add the populated servers you play on to your fav list to safe you time from having to wait for all the server list to load.

Vornne said:
I haven't heard any other reports of players being unable to spawn on a server running the official version of PW - since quite a few versions ago when there was a bug that was fixed a week or so later - so I am guessing that the server you are connecting to is running a tweaked module with bugs in the script changes. Try connecting to another server.

You don't need to press any number to respawn: that will happen automatically after the timer counts down. The numbers are just for choosing a specific spawn point, if you have figured out where they are for that scene.
That's strange. The same thing happened on my other computer as well, a few months ago, on a different server, and I downloaded both from the same post on this forum.

AmLSD said:
That's strange. The same thing happened on my other computer as well, a few months ago, on a different server, and I downloaded both from the same post on this forum.
It is not very relevant that your client module is an official PW release downloaded from this forum: as said before, server owners changing scripts without testing properly or with little knowledge of what they are doing could result in bugs that prevent players from respawning. Report those problems to the owners of the server; I would only be interested in trying to fix them if reproduced on a server running official PW, or at least with only small changes that are almost certain to be unrelated. If the server owners don't care about trying to fix bugs you report, they are breaking the conditions of the PW module system, as listed in the mod development board: all server side tweaks must be fully compatible with official clients, fixed or reverted if not.

You are welcome to test against the Nexus_Classic servers, these are unadulterated PW4.4 servers and should serve to prove your client integrity.

Back
Top Bottom