**** POM!

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
BlackTide said:
Go play on Balion Battle if you don't like POM, although Mad Dawg smurfs from time to time and Zero is Brazilian.
What does this have to do anything with our server ? All our admins that smurf when need to act as admin make it clear they are a admin and on 90% of the cases switch back to their actual names. What does my nationality have to do with anything ? Balion admins are atleast competent enough to now how to admin, and not take things personally. Also last I recall Auscifer was not paying for the server anymore, it was Holgard that was. Oh how I miss the SPQR days. Atleast then the server ran the way it should be ran.

Z3ro said:
BlackTide said:
Go play on Balion Battle if you don't like POM, although Mad Dawg smurfs from time to time and Zero is Brazilian.
What does this have to do anything with our server ? All our admins that smurf when need to act as admin make it clear they are a admin and on 90% of the cases switch back to their actual names. What does my nationality have to do with anything ? Balion admins are atleast competent enough to now how to admin, and not take things personally. Also last I recall Auscifer was not paying for the server anymore, it was Holgard that was. Oh how I miss the SPQR days. Atleast then the server ran the way it should be ran.

I was simply offering Balion Battle as an alternative to POM, if people wanted strict rule enforcement and less relaxed admins. It was my understanding that Auscifer was still the owner of the server but that was not the point of the statement, rather than looking for technical faults, please try and see the underlying message.

Z3ro said:
not take things personally

If I had a tantrum every time you'd call me a 'Dirty Brit' then I'd be sitting in a puddle of tears. I've never heard you say anything of it before.

MadocComadrin said:
I think it was a joke.
Independent if was or not, it should not factor anything on the quality of the server my clan provides.

@Blacktide if you want to put it forward as an alternative which it shouldn't be. It shouldn't just be a alternative if you dont like POM, it is a server with a responsible and reliable admin staff, that are very capable of doing their jobs unlike most other NA servers.  The way you went about putting it as an alternative was not right. Now if you called me a Brasilian when we were talking in a steam chat or something else I probably won't care. But when you use it to "attack" the server I go out of my way to provide, and improve, I will then take it as an insult. But of course you won't understand that, its easy to just sit in the back seat and say stuff.

Z3ro said:
MadocComadrin said:
I think it was a joke.
Independent if was or not, it should not factor anything on the quality of the server my clan provides.

@Blacktide if you want to put it forward as an alternative which it shouldn't be. It shouldn't just be a alternative if you dont like POM, it is a server with a responsible and reliable admin staff, that are very capable of doing their jobs unlike most other NA servers.  The way you went about putting it as an alternative was not right. Now if you called me a Brasilian when we were talking in a steam chat or something else I probably won't care. But when you use it to "attack" the server I go out of my way to provide, and improve, I will then take it as an insult. But of course you won't understand that, its easy to just sit in the back seat and say stuff.

Auscifer and/or Holgard have gone out of their way during Central POM's lifetime to provide a server, if your view is that simply because someone provides a server then it should be critiqued then let POM do as POM wants to do instead of complaining. Nonetheless, I was not criticising you or your server nor was I making an attack on anyone, I do not consider the Brazilian Nationality to be inferior to any other. Nor did I add a derogatory phrase before mentioning your nationality, unlike when you call me a 'Dirty Brit'.
Nor do I believe that I was wrong in calling Balion Battle an alternative. POM is considered to be the mainstream US Battle Server and has been for some time. Any other choice would therefore be considered alternative to the norm. I highly encourage anyone with strong distaste for Central POM to head over to Balion Battle, as an alternative to destructive criticism which appears to be the norm in this case. 

"How long has it been since POM bought you? What was the promised price, Blacktide?"

BlackTide said:
Armie_knock said:
So you would ban us for saying thingys?

Sorry, but who are you? I've never seen you in the server, heard of you before or seen you on the forums before, if you're just here to spam a thread and express your 'views' and 'opinions' then please go do that somewhere else. I hear that this guy is a bit of a prick, go rant at him. I would personally ban you.

If any of you have an issue with the POM administration then head over to their forums and voice your concerns. The only person in any position to make demands about the server is the owner (Aucifer), suggestions are welcome from anyone as long as they remain civil. Go play on Balion Battle if you don't like POM, although Mad Dawg smurfs from time to time and Zero is Brazilian.

That's laughable. Thinking that someone can go to the POM forums, speak their opinion openly, and expect a fair and honest chance at having a civil, unbiased conversation is simply ignorant. POM does not listen to rhetoric on their forums, I've been there twice and laid out extremely well put together, well thought-out, moving and reasonable posts that clearly display issues, and they are simply ignored as the entirety of POM disregards all of it in blind, zealous favor of whichever admin or policy is in question, irrespective of any evidence or compelling arguments you may have to the contrary. Zero himself has made this clear, as well as Ash Tre, and other previous POM members who have since left -- POM's internal policy is to blindly support any member who comes under criticism, regardless of the situation. People posting here may be a rant, but at least it's open to the community to see and not censored like it would be over on the POM boards.

The only reason POM is the main NA battle server is because, frankly, people have become used to it; it's on their favorites list, playing Warband is synonymous with getting on USA_Central_POM. Many people don't even know that Balion has a battle server, and the community as a whole is so small that most don't want to fragment up even further.

RaVeN said:
lots of stuff, check his post to see it

IMO:

I was totally in the wrong for trying to kill that first guy regardless of the failed polls to ban him.
And I was in the wrong for killing pom bandit regardless that he hit me.

Raven was wrong to hit me, regardless if I failed to read his warning.
Right to kick me when I tked.
Wrong to not kick that tker when he was tking the first time around.

The tker was wrong to tk.

edit: Black Tide posted before this edit, but I wanted to reiterate that I liked POM servers when I was playing warband. And I am thankful that they have been running for 3 years. I had one bad incident there, and I was mostly at fault.

Rhade said:
That's laughable. Thinking that someone can go to the POM forums, speak their opinion openly, and expect a fair and honest chance at having a civil, unbiased conversation is simply ignorant. POM does not listen to rhetoric on their forums, I've been there twice and laid out extremely well put together, well thought-out, moving and reasonable posts that clearly display issues, and they are simply ignored as the entirety of POM disregards all of it in blind, zealous favor of whichever admin or policy is in question, irrespective of any evidence or compelling arguments you may have to the contrary. Zero himself has made this clear, as well as Ash Tre, and other previous POM members who have since left -- POM's internal policy is to blindly support any member who comes under criticism, regardless of the situation. People posting here may be a rant, but at least it's open to the community to see and not censored like it would be over on the POM boards.

The only reason POM is the main NA battle server is because, frankly, people have become used to it; it's on their favorites list, playing Warband is synonymous with getting on USA_Central_POM. Many people don't even know that Balion has a battle server, and the community as a whole is so small that most don't want to fragment up even further.

At no point did I say that the reception on the POM forums would ensure complete and utter free-reign to discuss and dictate POM policy. It is, however, the most effective way to get something changed. It is more effective than ranting on this thread with no useful purpose other than to slate the server. Most of the people who have posted in this thread have not tried voicing their concerns on the POM forum, with the exception of you. I encourage people to follow that course of action instead of spamming this forum with your hate filled posts. If you have first made a suggestion on the POM forum that has been (unjustly in some eyes) rejected then you are far more entitled to spam in this thread. Due to the dwindling POM presence in Warband your case would probably be heard by Binary, a fair and just man. A POM admin looking to change the way the server is run would be deterred from doing so by looking at the amount of crap being spewed out of these posts, it would simply be mob rule.

If you don't like POM then follow my advised course of posting on the POM forums or try and promote awareness of alternative options, such as Balion Battle.

A bit late on this one, but I've already stuck my hands in.

RaVeN said:
Its not about who it comes from. It is about what is being said. You can't just ignore pleas to stop tking if its not made by an admin and choose to keep tking. That is dumb. Are you honestly going to tell me that if you are saying it is OK and NOT wrong to keep tking just because what right thing being said ("plz stop" to tking) if it is not made by an admin? Sounds like it.
If that were the case then I am left to assume you asking them to stop immediately settled the situation with no need for further actio-... Oh...

Rhade said:
Using an alias is ridculous. A known POM admin's presence would have defused the situation immediately, regardless. The entire point of an administrator is not to kick or ban, but their presence deters rulebreaking from even happening in the first place. The fact that you're logged in as an admin on a smurf (Yes, it's a smurf, not everyone knows who you are) with admin powers just goes to show that you aren't looking to defuse any problems or to deter rulebreaking, you're simply looking to use your powers. Look up "general deterrence" in the criminal justice context, that's one of an admin's biggest tools, yet you forgo it to distribute your own brand of justice, something I get banned (and still am) for.
Couldn't have said it better myself.

Rhade said:
... they are simply ignored as the entirety of POM disregards all of it in blind, zealous favor of whichever admin or policy is in question, irrespective of any evidence or compelling arguments you may have to the contrary. Zero himself has made this clear, as well as Ash Tre, and other previous POM members who have since left -- POM's internal policy is to blindly support any member who comes under criticism, regardless of the situation.

This is quite true, even today. Bringing forth criticism of an admin in a place where other admins can see it isn't effective when dealing with POM. Their "policy" is to let the admin in question handle it. Binary has told me before that he doesn't meddle in the affairs of other admins, usually citing ignorance as the excuse (clarification: which is to say, he claims not to know all of the details of a given situation he was not present for, and thus feels he cannot accurately judge another admin's response to it, which is entirely legitimate to a point). Therefore, the stances of other admins is generally to let the admin in question handle the criticism, which obviously leads to poor reception of the criticism. However, when a critique is posted in great detail and clarity, there's no reason for the other admins to cop-out with their "I wasn't there, so I can't judge" position. Unfortunately, nobody gets past that step because the admin-in-question shuts down the criticism before it's possible (as enabled by such an attitude in the first place).

BlackTide said:
At no point did I say that the reception on the POM forums would ensure complete and utter free-reign to discuss and dictate POM policy. It is, however, the most effective way to get something changed. It is more effective than ranting on this thread with no useful purpose other than to slate the server. Most of the people who have posted in this thread have not tried voicing their concerns on the POM forum, with the exception of you and Marnid. I encourage people to follow that course of action instead of spamming this forum with your hate filled posts. If you have first made a suggestion on the POM forum that has been (unjustly in some eyes) rejected then you are far more entitled to spam in this thread.

I have one post to my credit on the POM forums, and it was criticism of Holgard. He was threatening to ban a new player if said player didn't change his class from archer to infantry (claiming that the new player was "too bad" and was just teamwounding all the time), and I called him out on the spot for power-tripping. Holgard instantly went on the defensive and claimed I didn't know what power-tripping was, and threatened to kick/ban me if I was going to make an issue out of it. A few minutes later, Holgard teamwounds someone and I ask him if he wouldn't be better off switching to another class because of his tendency to teamwound as infantry. Marnid -> Kicked.

About 20 minutes later I get word from several people still in the server that Holgard was talking **** about me, claiming I was "a known troll" and an ******* (the latter of which may certainly be true), and I came back in to make a remark about his commenting on me while I wasn't present. He apparently disagreed with this remark (something like "talking **** about me after power-tripping and kicking me from the server? that really shows the quality of POM admins") and that, apparently, warrants a ban.

So, later, I go to the POM forums to make my case. I explain the situation, I make my position clear, and I try not to be deliberately aggravating (which I am apparently very good at, according to some folks). Holgard's "response" is the removal of my post and a ban from the forums.

Standard play. But of course, you know that, Blacktide. You and I were in LES at the time. This is what spawned my smurf name "-[LES]- A Known Troll" which I used for quite some time on POM.

Gaius_Octavian said:
I don't have Marnid skills though.
Bah, who does?  Even Marnid doesn't have Marnid skills at this point as being Marnid has suppassed Marnid and become it's own Marnid-consciousness, has become self-aware, and gets all Skynet on posts longer than two sentences. 

The funniest thing about this thread is all the wordcrafting, articulate posts, and rousing debate was spurred on by this embarrassment to the English language post:

Snoop said:
**** a bunch a goddamn POM! Mother ******** trolls, you kill them and get banned...worse than gk siege.

apparently I'm banned. gfy!  Never playing on  this ******** ****ty server again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom