POLL: Would you be OK with TW intentionally restricting modders?

Would you be OK with TW intentionally restricting modders?

• Yes

Votes: 10 5.4%
  • Only for mods that would compete with DLC/microtransactions

Votes: 5 2.7%
  • Only for mods that use 3rd-party IP

Votes: 3 1.6%
  • Only during Early Access

Votes: 24 13.0%
  • No

Votes: 126 68.5%
  • I like turtles

Votes: 9 4.9%
  • For some diabolical reason, I DON'T like turtles

Votes: 7 3.8%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

There are multiple ways that TW's is holding the modders hands behind their backs. I work on Sword and Musket which is a multiplayer mod and TW's refusal and lack of explanation to why there are no private servers is doing nothing but pushing our progress farther and farther back. Private Servers should be a staple of the franchise as is and its #SAD! that it is currently no where to be seen.

There are multiple ways that TW's is holding the modders hands behind their backs. I work on Sword and Musket which is a multiplayer mod and TW's refusal and lack of explanation to why there are no private servers is doing nothing but pushing our progress farther and farther back. Private Servers should be a staple of the franchise as is and its #SAD! that it is currently no where to be seen.
I'd assume it's just another ego issue with TW's, they don't like the thought of people outdoing their work. We all saw it happen when Silen & Noudelle made the modified combat parameters in the MP beta and TW's disabled the custom private servers because of it, what are we expecting anymore really.

I voted yes. Modders are people with family and a life. If restricted inside a room without frivolous things like social life and their jobs they will complete mods sooner.

I voted yes. Modders are people with family and a life. If restricted inside a room without frivolous things like social life and their jobs they will complete mods sooner.
giphy.gif

There is only one reason I can think of TW restricting mods for BL and that is so they can sell more DLC. They make it difficult to make TC mods in the game or hard to implement then they can sell their own TC dlcs to change the experience. Think Viking Conquests but smaller in changes so they could add one every 18 months or so.

There is only one reason I can think of TW restricting mods for BL and that is so they can sell more DLC. They make it difficult to make TC mods in the game or hard to implement then they can sell their own TC dlcs to change the experience. Think Viking Conquests but smaller in changes so they could add one every 18 months or so.
Bruh, their previous model was to just update, flesh-out and then monetize otherwise free mods. Unless their DLC had terrible sales (although it wouldn't surprise me in VC's case) they can just keep doing what they did before.

Most modders would be ****ing ecstatic to have their mod made into a DLC. Are you kidding? That's the ultimate mark of success.

I bought this game only because mods. I think base game (bannerlord and warband) is boring af. And bannerlord is just rehashed version of warband showing how TW although had great idea 20 years ago is company without imaginations, vision, dedication, will...

Hi stan! How is your day going?
I hear him saying he's having a hard time stretching 1 minute of other people's content in to 20 minutes of nothing for his fraud channel.
He can always just complain about his hard life to fill it in. Maybe if he didn't read people's post, like they asked him nicely to stop doing, he wouldn't have such a hard life.

I think a lot of people are just a bit frustrated that ea is taking longer then first tought.
But like its nice we can mod a ea game, the tools are a bit buggy but they are veryy nice imo.
I dont think tw would ever restrict modders intentionaly when the game is released

To the 7 people that voted "Yes":

How dare you! Away with thee, evil! Begone from this realm!
Throws holy water at you

Back
Top Bottom