Poll: Why Does Bannerlord Still Feel Like it Lacks Personality and Soul?

Why Does Bannerlord Still Feel Like it Lacks Personality and Soul?

• Bannerlord's 'lore' is just uninspiring and bland

Votes: 12 7.5%
  • There simply isn't enough lore and story connected to the different factions and characters

Votes: 26 16.1%
  • It's down to the main quest - which is just plain bad

Votes: 13 8.1%
  • It's because of a lack of depth in game mechanics - and lack of 'functionality' in general

Votes: 105 65.2%
  • Progression style - you feel uninspired to put in the work to gain rewards - castles and towns etc

Votes: 43 26.7%
  • The game needs greatly enhanced diplomacy to give you a feeling of real power

Votes: 68 42.2%
  • Other

Votes: 14 8.7%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

It just needs more depth and features. The diplomacy needs depth, the characters need depth. The cultures need depth (where the feast fetish?). The tactics need depth. The AI needs improvements. The sieges need fixing and expanding.
It also doesn't help they streamlined small things that make a difference not necessarily for the better like the shops being all removed in favor of one store and open 24/7. Also you can't duel lords is another example. Warband just had more to it. It had many small details that made it feel more alive and role playing friendly. Why can't I set up a camp, read books, learn poems to woe nobles from bards? That's another few small things that are missing. Also no feasts or weddings. Its mostly just text and menu navigation and instant results. Its too streamlined and lackluster. Hopefully it's temporary and NOT final. Otherwise modders will have to add everything.
Agree. +1

Other:

...Because we coming from 10 years of Warband mods implementations and we expected that all this stuff were put in Bannerlord, but probably all this wasn't on TW plans...or on consoles porting plans...M2C

Possibly - expectations were high. Part of the issue though is that there was a lot of marketing and hype that led to expectations being very high.

The question then becomes if this will improve as more mods come out.

However, that being said, I do think that many of these critiques should not be resolved solely be modders, and that the base game needs a lot more in depth content, especially for the later part of the game.

A troop tree rework is definitely justified at this stage to exaggerate the differences between factions, and give them more distinct strengths and weaknesses. When six out of eight factions have very similar army compositions- a mixture of ranged cav, ranged inf, melee cav, shock inf, and shield inf- naturally the player rarely has to actually change the tactics they use, and so, naturally, the gameplay of most battles feels the same. Sit archers on hill behind token trash tarpit infantry, speed up battle, it's over in minutes, you can do this to nearly every faction.

I agree, to an extent. The problem is that this would take a lot of work.

It would need a whole new set of equipment to come out and new classes of weapons as well I think.

Check out Calradia Expanded Kingdoms for an example of what might be possible.

Last edited:
All in the title. Would value your thoughts. Probably. lol.
Everything is just very...bland and the same. When I make a character, I can't even dump everything into a concept. They make me spread out my points and be a jack of all boringness.

Is one horse archer better than another...probably...but it's not exciting to watch after a while. This game needs gut punches of cool awesomeness.

What makes me love bannerlord is that eventually they will stop patching so much and just let us make mods that work.

Back
Top Bottom