[POLL]Which of these features is in most urgent need of fixing/adding?

Right now, what 2 additions whould mean the most to you?

• Diplomacy: Truce

Votes: 3 8.6%
  • Diplomacy: Alliances

Votes: 16 45.7%
  • Warfare: AI pathfinding in general and in sieges in particular

Votes: 7 20.0%
  • Rebellion: Civil War

Votes: 9 25.7%
  • Troops: Ability train troops(outside of live battle)

Votes: 4 11.4%
  • Troops: XP- perks should give more XP

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • AI lords: Stop AI from spamming free armies after defeat

Votes: 10 28.6%
  • Faction Breakdown: Clans with no holdings should leave their faction

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Faction Breakdown: factions with no holdings should be inactive

• Fiests

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Diplomacy: Truce
New feature: At least a simple hardcoded truce that stops a kingdom from declaring war on truced part. When a peace is signed, the truce is added in both directions

Diplomacy: Alliances
New feature: A basic alliance feature.

Warfare: AI pathfinding in general and in sieges in particular
AI tuning: Make AI pick a adequate route, make them use paralell ladders and be alittle smarter overall when deciding where to go

Warfare: Order to attack target unit-type(Archer/Infantry/Cavalry/Cavalry Archer)
New feature: Attack target unittype

Rebellion: Civil War
If clan X has minus relation with ruling clan a chance for them to rebel should arise. Should be a very simple feature, the mod Separatism did it quite well. Though it could be more detailed. A system of high ranking Lords should be introduced, so a tier 5 clan who owns a town should have a large amount of influence over the tier 2 & 3 clans who own castles in their surrounding lands. When the tier 5 rebels, so do the lower clans. If the lower one's have a much higher relation with the monarch than the lord then they could potentially side with the monarch but it would put them in a very dangerous position. Rebels can convince other Lords to join too. From @HotPie

Troops: Ability train troops(outside of live battle)
Ability to train troops rather through training ground like in Warband not chasing looters who immediately run after few kills so reatreating and engaging again in neverending story for so low exp was not only option besides wasting low tier units in huge battles where few lucky survivors will get upgraded but then again same problem with new recruits. From PeteSKTemplar

Troops: XP- perks should give more XP
Also some perks giving passive exp should be increased at least. From PeteSKTemplar

AI lords: Stop AI from spamming free armies after defeat
And of course AI spamming free armies after defeat in short time while players can not loose units is something to be fixed too. And trading caravans being upgradable to higher lvl not fearing looters and raiders (bandits) (or changing how looters and raiders (bandits) spam). From PeteSKTemplar

Faction Breakdown: Clans with no holdings should leave their faction
They shoulsd leave or risk to leave when having no fiefs and -30 or less towards ruler clan and be independent clans

Faction Breakdown: factions with no holdings should be inactive.
After X(30?) days since they lost their last holding, the faction becomes inactive and all its clans are now independent clans

These are for me the most needed 4. Help me fill with what is important to you and I will create a poll within a few hours :smile:
Only add things that you could vote for or that you know alot of people would vote for. I´m planning a single-choise Poll.

Last edited:
I think diplomacy especially alliances would make the game more enjoyable. If we're to go on the recent news/rumours then the seige AI had been fixed and will be in the new update.

One thing I'd like to see the most though are civil wars. If clan X has minus relation with ruling clan a chance for them to rebel should arise. Should be a very simple feature, the mod Separatism did it quite well.

Though it could be more detailed. A system of high ranking Lords should be introduced, so a tier 5 clan who owns a town should have a large amount of influence over the tier 2 & 3 clans who own castles in their surrounding lands. When the tier 5 rebels, so do the lower clans. If the lower one's have a much higher relation with the monarch than the lord then they could potentially side with the monarch but it would put them in a very dangerous position. Rebels can convince other Lords to join too.

War exhaustion should play a part in the outcome of the war. If one faction has say double the amount of kingdom power by the end of the war (both have exhaustion of 100 and a peace is signed) then they should absorb the other faction into their own, whether that be the reblels or the loyalists. The Victor can decide whether to have the rebel leaders; exiled, executed, keep their lands but have them pay substantial reparations or just completely forgive them for an honour and relation boost. If however both Kingdom strengths are close to the same by the time peace is signed then the rebel faction can form their own independent kingdom.

Now I don't expect these things to be added, I'm just spit balling and getting ahead of myself. Also sorry for not keeping this relevant to the thread lol I just wanted to mention another feature and ended up writing way too much. So sorry bout that. But yeah civil war feature in one way or the other should be something TW strongly consider.

Besides what was mentioned I know it had to be mentioned long time ago but for sure I have to repeat probably ability to train troops rather through training ground like in Warband not chasing looters who immediately run after few kills so reatreating and engaging again in neverending story for so low exp was not only option besides wasting low tier units in huge battles where few lucky survivors will get upgraded but then again same problem with new recruits.
Also some perks giving passive exp should be increased at least. And of course AI spamming free armies after defeat in short time while players can not loose units is something to be fixed too. And trading caravans being upgradable to higher lvl not fearing looters and raiders (bandits) (or changing how looters and raiders (bandits) spam).

I do like the idea of civil wars but I would have added it even if I didn't. This thread is not ment to reprecent what I want but what we all want :smile: There will be a poll in a few hours
Fair play, link attached on my comments is a massive suggestion post I made ages ago. Many of the ideas are just fanciful, some having been implemented since I posted it, but if you have the time feel free to take anything from it that you think are interesting/broad enough for the poll.

Fair play, link attached on my comments is a massive suggestion post I made ages ago. Many of the ideas are just fanciful, some having been implemented since I posted it, but if you have the time feel free to take anything from it that you think are interesting/broad enough for the poll.
It almost hurt me nowdays to enter the suggestions forum and read all these great suggestions, your included, that has got no dev response or attention.

But the idea of this thread is "Right now, what addition whould mean the most to you?" where the devs can see and think "Hmm... Number 4 in this poll is easy. Alot of happy players for alittle peice of work." Atleast that´s what I hope they will think :grin: So the more broken down the options are, the better our chanses to get it should be! After the vote, we can allways add to the top candidates, flesh them out into a real suggestion.

It almost hurt me nowdays to enter the suggestions forum and read all these great suggestions, your included, that has got no dev response or attention.

But the idea of this thread is "Right now, what addition whould mean the most to you?" where the devs can see and think "Hmm... Number 4 in this poll is easy. Alot of happy players for alittle peice of work." Atleast that´s what I hope they will think :grin: So the more broken down the options are, the better our chanses to get it should be! After the vote, we can allways add to the top candidates, flesh them out into a real suggestion.
Yeah I think what you're doing is more important as we can't afford to overload them with requests, rather streamline what is more important.

Having just read through my old post after like a year I realised most of the things on their are very minor or would require a large amount of work. I can still onlh hope though.

While there are several things listed which I feel would be substantial improvements, Diplomacy and fief development would be the two biggest items in my opinion. Diplomacy would include the poll-listed Truces and Alliances, but more importantly, relations between the kingdoms should be more meaningful, with regular trade and trade agreements, battles against common enemies, and other positive actions increasing relations over time, while disputes, forced conscription, and other negative actions decrease it. Kingdoms with high relations should be FAR less willing to declare war between them, and those with disputed territory (lost in previous wars) much more likely to start another war to restore their own people and property than for no reason against someone else.

Having wars and peace declared randomly in spite of events and agreements doesn't make for a very credible situation.

Ideally, one should be able to develop your own fief, and improve production (through newly cleared fields and new industries) of goods which are in demand. Towns and villages which get or produce a balance of goods should prosper and grow, while those which are starved of all goods of a type should decline in some way over time, either losing economic prosperity, manpower, or trade good output to surrounding communities. While Taleworlds apparently isn't going to create the interwoven functional economy that they originally promised, a few basic trade routes and checks for items in stock could allow some simple semblance of an economy.

What's the point of becoming a Lord or King if you can't actually manage your fief or rule your kingdom?

#1) Better skill upgrading for companions/family members. It seems like it takes years for my children to get 50 weapon skill with 7 vigor/5 focus points while fighting all the time. Scouting and engineering (building projects as a governor should increase engineering skill) are way too slow to develop also. Plus, they need to fix the scouting perks to work for clan members like they did before.

#2) Increase base map movement speed a bit. Slow movement is really making the game a complete bore.

#3) More variety in companion attributes/skills. Every one of them has like 2 social/intelligence with no focus points. (How can we build up party leaders like this without spending hours smithing?) Definitely need some kind of re-balancing because I'm tired of smithing for hours just to get focus points up every time I start a new game. (Replay Score: 3/10 between snoozes)

#4) Sandbox needs at least one sibling starting out.

#5) a "King of the Underworld" storyline would provide an option to build a criminal empire instead of a ruling kingdom.

#6) Add companions to family member parties.

#7) Spy missions to get information on other towns without having to travel there.

#8 Basecamps for non-fief clans. (Similar to the camp in Viking Conquest) Camps can only be found if stumbled upon. Sight range would have zero effect on discovering its location.

#9) Caravans that collect specified goods and place them in the stash of a specified fief along with its normal trading. Only 1 good/1 fief per caravan.

#10) More peacetime activity (feasts, clan requests (a clan asks all other clans for aid in something specific like adding food or workshop materials in a town or troops in a garrison; This would be different from a quest because every clan could participate and ends when war is declared)

#11) Mercenary clan missions (Break someone out of prison, raid a certain village, etc)

#12) As a ruler, hiring mercenary clans without having to track down the leader.

I could go on and on. This game needs so many improvements to even feel like Mount and Blade.

Wouldn't say anything on that list is my biggest bugbear with the game.
1) We need better battle AI. The Realistic Battle Mod is one of the most popular mods out there. It adds more intelligent AI to enemies and your own troops. After using it, most users can't go back to vanilla.

2) Blacksmithing/prices/economy. The insane blacksmithing sale prices should be an easy fix. Also the economy needs to be looked at. It's a core gameplay feature, but the late game economy has issues. Workshops right now offer little player choice. (buy a wool weavery in Khuzait and you're set). Late game economy is flat and uninteresting for trading.

I'll keep it to 2 things as those are my absolute biggest issues and have been for a while.

If I could have one new feature, it would be what the Distinguished Service mod adds, where your own soldiers have a chance of rising up to become companions. It's honestly amazing and adds so much immersion and organic story development to the game.

Back
Top Bottom