Poll: Which factions would you like to see included in the next mod?

Users who are viewing this thread

-Peter-

Master Knight
Referring to this thread - http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,51480.0.html which I'm pretty keen on doing, which factions would you most like to see?

There will be 5 main factions and 3 bandit parties, however the bandit parties can be say...the Romans or whatever, it doesn't have to be literally a random party of outlaws. So anyway, the final decision of the next 3 factions to be included will pretty much be based on this poll.

Feel free to suggest any factions to be added to the poll. I'll set up a poll for the bandit parties once this one is conclusive.

Note: England and Scotland will definitely be included for obvious reasons.

Result :

Mongols  - 7 (5.6%)
Aztecs - 6 (4.8%)
Normans - 14 (11.2%)
Vikings - 17 (13.6%)
Saxons - 14 (11.2%)
Teutons - 13 (10.4%)
Celts - 12 (9.6%)
Romans - 4 (3.2%)
Egyptians - 3 (2.4%)
Medieval French - 10 (8%)
Byzantines - 6 (4.8%)
Moors - 3 (2.4%)
Hungary - 3 (2.4%)
Ayyubid Dynasty - 2 (1.6%)
Holy Roman Empire - 11 (8.8%)

Anyways, I've locked the poll, so this is the plan based on the poll and a few due to my personal preference :-

Faction 1 : Kingdom of England
Faction 2 : Saxons
Faction 3 : Teutons
Faction 4 : Celts
Faction 5 : Kingdom of Scotland

Bandit Parties : Romans, Mongols, Vikings. I suppose you can imagine that they're invading this continent or whatever.

Okay, Saxons are in the lead so I'll start working on them today so that's the 3rd faction set. I'll keep the poll going though to decide the 4th and 5th and I'll probably update this thread or the other one with screens of the progress on the Saxons later on.

They've made a comeback :O I've already done 7 Saxon shields and a banner (as in a modeled banner) though so I'm gonna stick with them for now.

I wouldn't mind seeing some Celts, and well, a few Moor traders, escaped salves and stuff might be nice, but you don't have to. The mod is already very good as it is :razz: !

Yeah, Celts would be pretty fun to do as well. Saxons, Teutons and Celts would be interesting like. Then Vikings, Romans and Mongols as bandit parties. Bar the Mongols it could be like a European fantasy clash.

EDIT: I'll end the poll when I get home tomorrow and make a final decision on the factions.

I said Vikings, Celts and Medieval French.

I really wanted to click on the Teutonic Knights though..  so for the records sake I stick that in my vote too :razz:,  Thing is though, the Normans were Medieval French...  But when I think of this Polls medieval french, I think of the crusades.

Weaver said:
are you sure that downgrading it from historical mod to some sort of AoE 2 is a good idea?

For me yeah, I'm doing it out of personal preference and the fact that modding a variety of weapons, armour or whatever is more interesting than similar ones. For me anyway, I'll probably end up working on Britain as well as when I get into something I tend not to get hooked into it, but I felt like being a bit more ambitious with the mod and to be honest, I've wanted a mod like this for a while, as well as a one set in medieval Britain.

Jibston said:
I said Vikings, Celts and Medieval French.

I really wanted to click on the Teutonic Knights though..  so for the records sake I stick that in my vote too :razz:,  Thing is though, the Normans were Medieval French...  But when I think of this Polls medieval french, I think of the crusades.

Yeah I should have made that a bit more specific, I meant like 14-15th century French.

Anyways, I've locked the poll, so this is the plan based on the poll and a few due to my personal preference :-

Faction 1 : Kingdom of England
Faction 2 : Saxons
Faction 3 : Teutons
Faction 4 : Celts
Faction 5 : Kingdom of Scotland

Bandit Parties : Romans, Mongols, Vikings. I suppose you can imagine that they're invading this continent or whatever.

Actually, the Egyptians sound awesome (if a wee bit out of place on the timline  :razz:) however the end line up looks seriously good, great job man  :grin:

-Peter- said:
Romans?

Why not Muslims? They should be included in your mod instead of Romans for example. A Muslim faction is something that I wish to be added in the Native also.

PS: Top notch mod BTW.

Palos said:
-Peter- said:
Romans?

Why not Muslims? They should be included in your mod instead of Romans for example. A Muslim faction is something that I wish to be added in the Native also.

PS: Top notch mod BTW.

I wanted Romans in from the start in one way or the other. I agree with you though which is why I put Ayyubid Dynasty in the poll, unfortunately it only got 2 votes.

IMO no way romans. I prefer the historic accuracy.

My vote goes for the frankish. I´m not shure about their historical accuracy over there, but I think they might have been fooling around, as well as some teutons.

QuickDagger said:
IMO no way romans. I prefer the historic accuracy.

My vote goes for the frankish. I´m not shure about their historical accuracy over there, but I think they might have been fooling around, as well as some teutons.

Read the post fully, including the link. This has nothing to do with the Britain 1297 mod.

teutons aint a bad idea if you also put in some other faction to go to war with it you can pick Britain,Scotland,celts, ex.. campaign and gives you more of a variety and choice.  :cool: sorry for my poor English.
teutonicknightsfight.jpg

The saxons would make things even more harder witch I am saying it in a good way.I like the saxons.
saexons9cx.jpg

WellEverybody voted based on personal preference.So it was bound to end up one way or another slightly out of somebodys likes.Buuut,there are 5 Amazing factions in this mod.I personally voted Moors,but I would have voted Ayyubid aswell,if I had noticed that we could vote for more than one  :oops: Ah well...Perhaps next time around eh?  :mrgreen: I am VERY content with this mod.It has a certain level of excitement,mixed in with my historical preferences.I love learning about places other than that where i've been,so this has (for the most part,although i've been much more into slicing stuff...) boosted a tad of my knowledge on this area of history.Thanks a ton!  :wink:

Back
Top Bottom