POLL: What i've seen from the modding community.

at this stage of the game, should bug fixes and rebalancing be left to the developers? or modders?

• yes

• no

• modders

• developers

Results are only viewable after voting.

Users who are viewing this thread

after looking through like, 10 pages of mods on nexus, all i see are basic tweaking mods and fixes that will undoubtedly be added into the game. this disappoints me because its telling me that the creativity of the modding community for this game is rather lacking, and instead of creating new features and such, modders are focused on fixing a game in its first month of early access. in my opinion, while the game is being aggressively worked on, getting mods for these things seems silly, as i can download a unit fixer mod today, and tomorrow, THAT WHOLE MOD COULD BE IRRELEVANT. this means constantly checking changelogs and comparing the changes to your mod, and also constantly checking the mod to make sure it didnt get slapped with a big ole redundant stamp. lemme get your opinions on the modding community in the comments below and lets have a discussion. im an open minded person so there will be no wrong opinion.

The creativity isn't lacking at all, it is just hard to make big overhaul or changes when there are some basic elements of the game that are broken right now. There are several major overhauls in the works from what I know. No clue when they will be ready though.

well who knows when and what features will be in bannerlord? devs are yet to release a roadmap so modders are just going off, otherwise the game would be unplayable for much of the fanbase if we had to wait for every patch. the mod scene has fixed most of my problems with the game and many of the issues which are yet to be addressed by TW.

well who knows when and what features will be in bannerlord? devs are yet to release a roadmap so modders are just going off, otherwise the game would be unplayable for much of the fanbase if we had to wait for every patch. the mod scene has fixed most of my problems with the game and many of the issues which are yet to be addressed by TW.
see, other than my run being ****ed over by a personally game breaking bug, (see "10 years pass..." on that whole spiel) i have yet to experience any major hitches, or at least none of them became clear to me. and they've released 11 patches in like, 2 or 3 weeks and they show no sign of slowing down. i just dont understand the point in installing 10 mods that fix something when at this rate, they'll likely be patched up in a week. making any effort by the modders defunct, as well as the issue i stated in the op of constantly checking patchnotes thoroughly just to make sure that your mod didnt become irrelevant. seems like more of a hassle than its worth imo.

explain why?
you cant declare war
you can only declare peace by speaking personally to an enemy noble
there is no truce system, peace can last a single day
there is no notification when a fief is besieged
there is no relationship gain for granting fiefs
there is no relationship loss for ignoring majority votes
lords who you manage to persuade to join you are not guaranteed to bring their fiefs, nor are they guaranteed to stay with you regardless of relations
lords who defect from your kingdom always take their fiefs with them
lords who defect from your kingdom will likely go back to their old kingdom

after looking through like, 10 pages of mods on nexus, all i see are basic tweaking mods and fixes that will undoubtedly be added into the game. this disappoints me because its telling me that the creativity of the modding community for this game is rather lacking, and instead of creating new features and such, modders are focused on fixing a game in its first month of early access. in my opinion, while the game is being aggressively worked on, getting mods for these things seems silly, as i can download a unit fixer mod today, and tomorrow, THAT WHOLE MOD COULD BE IRRELEVANT. this means constantly checking changelogs and comparing the changes to your mod, and also constantly checking the mod to make sure it didnt get slapped with a big ole redundant stamp. lemme get your opinions on the modding community in the comments below and lets have a discussion. im an open minded person so there will be no wrong opinion.
It's nice that some mods with fix, but I think the company can have plans and changes stats for some units.... Right now in EA it's better to wait for the developers to make things right to everyone (without the need to mod)

The reason why nobody is making mods right now is because the game isn't finished yet.

Want to improve smithing? We don't know what the devs will insert into smithing.
Want to fix the camera angle? The devs migh do it next patch.
Bugfixes? Maybe the devs fix a bug that you fixed via mod and those 2 start to clash and cause the game to crash.

The simple reason that you see no mods is because it's too early. Skyrim has been out for almost 10 years. Many major mods did come out withing the first year, but almost none were out the first month.

So when can you start to expect mods? Simple. After early access. Meaning next year.

The reason why nobody is making mods right now is because the game isn't finished yet.

Want to improve smithing? We don't know what the devs will insert into smithing.
Want to fix the camera angle? The devs migh do it next patch.
Bugfixes? Maybe the devs fix a bug that you fixed via mod and those 2 start to clash and cause the game to crash.

The simple reason that you see no mods is because it's too early. Skyrim has been out for almost 10 years. Many major mods did come out withing the first year, but almost none were out the first month.

So when can you start to expect mods? Simple. After early access. Meaning next year.
i would advise that you re-read the post and look into the modding community. mods exist. 200+ right now. but 90% of them are bug fixes and general re balancing. i never questioned the existence of mods. i questioned the state of the modding community as a whole.

i would advise that you re-read the post and look into the modding community. mods exist. 200+ right now. but 90% of them are bug fixes and general re balancing. i never questioned the existence of mods. i questioned the state of the modding community as a whole.
And he has given you a fair and truthful reply. We're 2 and a half weeks in. Not a lot of people are willing to make a mod that's has 3+GB of content in it if in 2 days half the assets in the game change, which will destroy any save that has that mod in it. For now, smaller mods that don't tweak too much of the game are the way to go until more things get fixed/added. It's not that the community lacks creativity, it's that they don't really feel like wasting hours on end on a mod that could be rendered useless a week after it's released.

This is the most idiotic post I've ever read. Learn what modding actually is, then get back to us. Actually make an ambitious mod that adds a faction, or a whole suite of new armors at some point in your worthless life. The developer has not released any tools, or access to any source code, or access to any flat files that can be modified by text editor. All the resources are encoded binary. It's amazing the modders have been able to do what they have, it's not worth the effort to most of us modders until the developers release some toos, guidance, formats, templates etc. The folks who created the great mods for Warband like Prophesy of Pendor devoted likely a thousand hours of their time to bring joy to the community. When you have done something similar maybe you can lecture us on how WE lack creativity.

I voted its the devs job however modders are always one step ahead of devs when it comes to new features and balancing. There are already many new content mods coming out. There is a diplomacy mod.. a patrol mod... switch to allies when die in battle mod.. entrepreneur mod aka village investing mod... mod that makes children grow up faster many mods are being developed daily. It takes time for moddere to learn the code. And the game code we have access to is an absolute mess with no documentation.

after looking through like, 10 pages of mods on nexus, all i see are basic tweaking mods and fixes that will undoubtedly be added into the game. this disappoints me because its telling me that the creativity of the modding community for this game is rather lacking
And this tells me you have no idea how mods are made and like to make sweeping judgments on things you know nothing about. Modders do not have access to the parts of the game they need to even add new models, tweaking numbers is basically all that's currently possible.

Back
Top Bottom