[Poll] What do you want for Character Custumization?

What do you expect from Character Custumization?

• Multiple player skins

Votes: 29 39.2%
  • Custumizable Banners

Votes: 54 73.0%
  • Propper red hair

Votes: 21 28.4%
  • Alternative armor and weapon skins

Votes: 40 54.1%
  • Civilian/Immersive clothing and loadout options

Votes: 28 37.8%
  • Custom character names

Votes: 24 32.4%
  • Custum classes

Votes: 28 37.8%
  • Capes

• Unlockable from every gamemode

Votes: 19 25.7%
  • Detailed visual custumization for equipment

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

When playing Warband I quite enjoyed spending time in the character editor and immersing myself in a character. I also like being able to recognize my enemies by ther face and crest. As such there are some features that I liked to see in Bannerlord and others again that I still miss from Warband or would otherwise like to see added.
There are probably a lot of things with higher priority but I think it's good to let the devs know what we wish from character custumization and I am really interested in hearing your opinions and additions.

My personal favorites are the followin ones:

1. Multiple player skins:
Creating an interesting and good looking charakter in M&B requires quite some time and effort and I would never have gotten to the character skin I currently use had i not had the freedom to try out something new without throwing the skins away that I had already crafted.

2. Custumizable Banners:
I really like that a player's banner is now displayed next to the name on the scoreboard. However, the banner you get is currently assigned randomly and banners from the same team are not easy to differentiate as all have the same colors. It would be nice to have some custumizarion options so we can more easily use our crests for identifying players and orienting on the Battlefield.

3. Propper red hair:
They have just added this feature but for a long time that was one I really missed. Thanks for that :smile:

4. Alternative armor skins:
It would be nice to have some options to individualize your appearance clothing wise. This might be a hot topic as many fear it might be connected to some form of currency. If we separate the two topics however, most people (Me for certain) would'nt mind some extra custumization that keeps the immersion, doesn't affect stats and does not lead to class confusion.

5. Civilian/Immersive clothing and loadout options:
Once private servers arrive in Bannerlord, there will probably be some roleplay servers coming up and it would be really nice to have options for that. I remember the NW roleplay servers where one team always picked russian partisans.

Feel free to post your additions down below, I will try to add them to the poll as soon as I read them.

Last edited:
With the addition of capes one would imagine the amount of combinations you could choose from would be expanded. The customization in this game could be awesome, but noo, class loadout, it's 2004 again.

I just want multiple character profiles with custom names and personal banners. That's it....
Oh yeah, custom character names was one I forgot. Playing as Erik the red feels much better than playing with my Steam name.

Just wait for skins that will only be unlockable in the matchmaking

:party::party::party::party:
That kind of bothers me too as the bulk of casual players seem to feel more at home on the custom servers that are currently badge- and XP-free. Ideally matchmaking would just make sure that everyone is served a challange appropriate to their skill level. Adressing how that whole matchmaking/non matchmaking stuff and the appropriate rewards is definitely a worthwhile topic for it's own thread.

I've also asked myself how far visual custumization should go and what is better left to mods and custom maps. For example, in a roleplaying environment I might want to look like a Priest but if I joined some Team Deathmatch and saw half the people run around in Bishops Robes I would shoot myself.

Custom items would be a disaster, imagine seeing enemy with custom sword running at you, how would you know is this sword short\long\fast\slow, what it's damage etc.
Everyone familliar with dota should understand this, there sometimes I cant even say what's the hero im looking at.

Custom names - yes pls, it is annoying to change my steam name before every single tournament game.

I dont care much about skins but it would be good if there would be custom banners for each player that would be shown when you press alt, would be faster to figure out where's my cav teammate etc.

Just aslong we dont get any RNG lootboxes I'm down for most things. Both unlockable through XP and playing and maybe some premium stuff you can buy for real money, as long as you know what you get when you buy it.

Just aslong we dont get any RNG lootboxes I'm down for most things. Both unlockable through XP and playing and maybe some premium stuff you can buy for real money, as long as you know what you get when you buy it.
This is exactly what we are planning.

Inappropriate behavior
That's totally acceptable.
Are you joking?

He just confirmed that this <snip> class system was firstly designed for monetization.

This is not acceptable, and i can not wait for mods to ruin their <snip> monetization system

<snip>

Mod Edit: Removed swear filter bypassing + obvious flame.

Last edited by a moderator:
He just confirmed that this shi!t class system was firstly designed for monetization.

This is completely false. The same customization system can totally be used with the old equipment system since they are just skins for individual armor and weapon pieces.

Maybe you should stop trying to push your own agenda with whatever piece of irrelevant information you can get your hands on.

This is completely false. The same customization system can totally be used with the old equipment system since they are just skins for individual armor and weapon pieces.

Maybe you should stop trying to push your own agenda with whatever piece of irrelevant information you can get your hands on.

Then WHY didn't you do it? You ignored ALL suggestions on a class system overhaul, even threads where you say it's interesting, just to not care about it in the end, why are you putting this farce?

You say i am pushing an agenda while at TW you've all been having a hidden agenda about skins from the day i exposed your asses, and even before that

Then WHY didn't you do it? You ignored ALL suggestions on a class system overhaul, even threads where you say it's interesting, just to not care about it in the end, why are you putting this farce?

You say i am pushing an agenda while at TW you've all been having a hidden agenda about skins from the day i exposed your asses, and even before that

What's wrong with TW wanting to earn extra money? Also skins can be applied to any system. Ever heard of Counter strike or DOTA? I mean DOTA even have skins for different parts on the same hero like shoulder or even socks :grin:

You're no master mind when you conclude that a company wants to earn more money, that's like the main thing they should do. If it's done right there is no problem in it.

What's wrong with TW wanting to earn extra money? Also skins can be applied to any system. Ever heard of Counter strike or DOTA? I mean DOTA even have skins for different parts on the same hero like shoulder or even socks :grin:

You're no master mind when you conclude that a company wants to earn more money, that's like the main thing they should do. If it's done right there is no problem in it.

Are you asking me why it's wrong for TW to milk MP despite focusing so little on the multiplayer?

Really?

You're comparing comparing oranges to apples, notice how ALL the games you mentioned are ALL MP focused. They ALL put gameplay over skins and have ensured that gameplay is top notch.

I don't need to be a master mind to conclude a company needs money, you're not the master mind in not realizing that this kind of behavior you say of companies earning money is one of the reasons companies such as EA exist and they keep existing. Because they try to milk the living crap out of each game, even if the gameplay becomes worse

Back
Top Bottom