POLL: Want you a future Brytenwalda expansion? You Choose (Read before voting)

Brytenwalda Expansion: You choose

• - Brytenwalda: Viking Invasion

Votes: 1,123 46.7%
  • - Charlemagne Empire

Votes: 332 13.8%
  • - Regium Visigothorum

Votes: 109 4.5%
  • - Italy divided

Votes: 282 11.7%
  • - The CID

Votes: 98 4.1%
  • - Crusades: Jerusalem, Civita Dei

Votes: 462 19.2%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
If they do do a viking expansion i hope its not the same troop trees but with added vikings. Getting kind of sick of the ****ty archers and same old heavy infantry in Brytenwalda. I need more variety for my army!

Personally, I would go for William the Conquerer's Norman invasian of England. I say this because it happened not very long after England was unified and William's Normans were only three generations or so removed from vikings so they still kind of look like vikings. Its kind of the best of both worlds. Plus, I've always wanted to be able to play in the early medieval period. And, you already have the coast of France in-game I believe (although it has no settlements).

Vikings and some elite vikings with unique troop trees, capture them, torture and recrute them as your private security, but always have three regulars keeping eye on them :grin:

so I was doing some quick math on the polls and I would like to say congratulations. 2372 people have voted. That is a huge number for a mod. I was absolutely awed by this and just thought someone should point it out. Great job guys.

Tatem said:
so I was doing some quick math on the polls and I would like to say congratulations. 2372 people have voted. That is a huge number for a mod. I was absolutely awed by this and just thought someone should point it out. Great job guys.

lol there under the poll are the overall votings listed xD
and there stand that it was 2362 votings and not 2372  :lol:

:oops: Must of hit a wrong number or something... lol I guess I really did not need to post the numbers twice.

I voted for the crusades for it was an epic time period full of battles and hardships. my only worry is that they would vilify the crusaders like most people do, even though the crusades was a counter-measure against the Jihads of the Muslims, who took the land from the Jews. (Another note was about all taxes and other costs fell upon non-Muslims, suppressing pilgrims and natives, which caused the pope to order the crusade)

bewawolf19 said:
I voted for the crusades for it was an epic time period full of battles and hardships. my only worry is that they would vilify the crusaders like most people do, even though the crusades was a counter-measure against the Jihads of the Muslims, who took the land from the Jews. (Another note was about all taxes and other costs fell upon non-Muslims, suppressing pilgrims and natives, which caused the pope to order the crusade)

permit me to observe, that is drastically idealistic if not naive view on the matter of crusades how you call the Franks' invasions into Levant. Most likely taken from Hollywood movies or beginner level history schoolbooks..

But on the OT, imo the Charlemagne empire would be great period for a mod, for among other reasons, there are not many mods (and none that are good) on that interesting period

you know, it is called brief and sweet, do you honestly want me to ramble on explaining the entire history, naming all the texts and sources of the knowledge in a forum about a mod for a game? Also, I do know that the Crusaders did do bad things, but people typically view that the invasion was from greed, which is the vilified object in mention.
you really need to think before you send a message ☺

heum, bewawolf19, we can do exactly the same thing. (But, about the crusade, the most important reason isn't greed, or something else, it's about to occupy mercenaries, and the too many young adventurous and landless noble at time of peace (in europe).

The muslim Jihad was decreed after the beginning of the first crusade, (unless you consider the islamic expansion which was not considered at the time as a jihad, but it is a little dishonest to take something so old). And about the treatment of non-Muslim populations by these, well, Christian do worst thing and where less tolerant.

Crusades were also opportunities for Muslims to change many things in their local politics, shifting alliances etc.. (i.e. as Saladin). War is always a bad thing's, but it is also an opportunity for some people to create peaceful meetings and exchanges (spiritual, political, ...) between two cultures. This is what happened during the Crusades, if you read, you will discover that there were some massacres, some battles, but also a lot of mutual borrowing(?), discussion and exchange.

By the way, say there is a bad and a good side is something improper in history. There never been bad and good side. Some Crusader do that with strong belief in their faith, some others only greedy or violent reason, some where lure by official speech, some other had political reason to act like that, some just defend their family and land (in both side, because, when you are in a besieged city you have to defend). And in both side, that's the same thing.

Also, i really love Vicking Rock! :grin: that make me laugh for a while!

So are this viking innvasion going to be worked into the normal brytenwalda mod or will it be a separate kinda thing? Im hoping for put into myself, dont see any reason to make it a separate thing but /shrugs. You never know what other people are thinking so its better to ask. :smile:

Quidam said:
heum, bewawolf19, we can do exactly the same thing. (But, about the crusade, the most important reason isn't greed, or something else, it's about to occupy mercenaries, and the too many young adventurous and landless noble at time of peace (in europe).

The muslim Jihad was decreed after the beginning of the first crusade, (unless you consider the islamic expansion which was not considered at the time as a jihad, but it is a little dishonest to take something so old). And about the treatment of non-Muslim populations by these, well, Christian do worst thing and where less tolerant.

Crusades were also opportunities for Muslims to change many things in their local politics, shifting alliances etc.. (i.e. as Saladin). War is always a bad thing's, but it is also an opportunity for some people to create peaceful meetings and exchanges (spiritual, political, ...) between two cultures. This is what happened during the Crusades, if you read, you will discover that there were some massacres, some battles, but also a lot of mutual borrowing(?), discussion and exchange.

By the way, say there is a bad and a good side is something improper in history. There never been bad and good side. Some Crusader do that with strong belief in their faith, some others only greedy or violent reason, some where lure by official speech, some other had political reason to act like that, some just defend their family and land (in both side, because, when you are in a besieged city you have to defend). And in both side, that's the same thing.

Also, i really love Vicking Rock! :grin: that make me laugh for a while!
thanks, just that I am taking AP history and I got lectured for a hour about how "evil" the Christian crusaders attacking the "completely blameless" Muslims and that annoyed me (hate when my history teachers are heavily biased) and it happened before I got home and I wasn't in a mood for any "crusaders are evil" talks. perhaps I should have waited to post a comment instead of doing it in  a bad mood but oh well☺ no harm done unless the person who replied to me (insulting me over a video game comment, the gall of it) decided to murder someone because of it. Then, a lot of harm done. have fun people, and remember, eat cookies before you walk your taco.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom