POLL: The Empire.... DO we NEED three of them?

Does the Empire need a rework/rethink?

• No. the Empire is fine as it is.

• Adding different troop trees to the Empire is enough.

• An Ancient Greek style/inspired faction would be perfect!

• Get rid of one of the Empire factions in favour for something else

• Get rid of two of the empire factions in favour for something else

• Get rid of Empire completely?.... lol?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Users who are viewing this thread

This is still reworking the troops trees in a way though. the extent might be small but its suggesting that the current state of the empire isnt ideal is what i mean
I think the core of the current empire is ideal, i dont want massive changes to it. i only want something to make it feel slightly more its own, but as i said, this is not the full state of the game and i want to see where they go with their own ideas before i start really saying i want this or that. Also i think future DLC will be the place to get new factions, i want the lore to stay true to that of Warband as much as possible. So im hoping for a naval DLC that adds Nords faction on another continent and something inspired by Carthage out to the west of the map.

I was always dreaming that Western Empire would be based on Western Roman Empire
mountandblade2_10.jpg

I think the current desing of the Imperial factions is quite good. Just need a few distinct units and thats all. And I hope they wont dive into ancient era stuff like Carthage or pre Byzantine Romans. It wouldnt suit at all.

I think the current desing of the Imperial factions is quite good. Just need a few distinct units and thats all. And I hope they wont dive into ancient era stuff like Carthage or pre Byzantine Romans. It wouldnt suit at all.
I agree that a few troops reworks to make the empires vary slightly is a good idea. I am really interested in ancient history, mainly rome and greece. but while suggesting a ancient greek style faction i do understand that this would probably be best for modders to add seperate to base game.

some variation to the three empires special troops even if its slight i think is the best solution

I think the Empire is really good as it is.
Just needs a tiny bit more flavour for each faction other than just a slightly different colour.

Couple distinct units but let the factions remain culturally the same with most things.

Kinda like the minor factions being the same culture as major factions but with slight unit deviations and such.

ALSO: you can chose more than one option in the POLL if you chose to as long as the two or three options dont obviously contradict. (incase you didnt see my edit of my Original post) also you can change your vote if you want to do this and didnt the first time.
If you want your statistics to be able to tell you anything, you should keep it one answer only. Let's assume no one is answering yes and no, but maybe more yes options at the same time. You end up with data where you potentially triple the yes answers (as a sum of all three) if everybody who said yes, check off all three answers. It's not a realistic worst case scenario, but it illustrates how multiple options in this case can bloat the numbers.

Isn't that the point though? The "Empire" has just recently fractured into civil war, that being the case, of course they are the same and are using the same armies. There hasn't been any time for them to shift or change military doctorines.

If anything, maybe they should give each Imperial faction one unique troop line but other than that its fine for the native game.

As far as other changes, that is what mods are for. I mean it should be fairly easy for a modder to give all the Imperial factions their own troop trees.

And this is booooring.
I disagree :smile:
For one thing, you have to counter strengths and weaknesses that are the same as your own. You can't rely on your own strong infantry to do the hard work alone, as the enemy is just as strong. I think that's an interesting problem.

So you are the only one i guess. Becouse i heard so many players who cant play hiscorical Total War any more, becouse fighting against the same units is just a boring.
I mean that's just an opinion and preference. I don't find it boring at all, I find it interesting to have to use tactics and different strategies to outmaneuver enemies that share the same strengths I do.

I mean that's just an opinion and preference. I don't find it boring at all, I find it interesting to have to use tactics and different strategies to outmaneuver enemies that share the same strengths I do.
AI have the same tools, but he just cant use it properly. Thats why i find it boring as hell.

I think it would be cool if they, perhaps, had an "Auxiliary" unit based on one of their border states. Just a little touch to represent the sort of regional differences which maintaining the typical core. So the Northern one might have Khurait or Sturgians. Etc etc.

If you want your statistics to be able to tell you anything, you should keep it one answer only. Let's assume no one is answering yes and no, but maybe more yes options at the same time. You end up with data where you potentially triple the yes answers (as a sum of all three) if everybody who said yes, check off all three answers. It's not a realistic worst case scenario, but it illustrates how multiple options in this case can bloat the numbers.
a simple yes and no is too broad. Some people only want a small change like an extra unit in each empire faction. Some people may want drastic changes to the empire. others may incline towards replacing one empire faction (like myself) How should the person who wants only 1 extra unit in each empire faction vote? if he says yes he wants a rework he could be voting for a big change when really only a minor change is what he wanted. so he should vote no? but he does want to see a small change.

Allowing people to vote on various degrees of yes and no lets us see how much of a change if any people think is neccessary

Back
Top Bottom