Poll! Should players customize their own troops in their kingdom?

Should the players be able to custom your own troops ?

• Yes! that should be awesome

• Yes!that should be a option

• No!that would be too complex

• No! i like the way it is

Results are only viewable after voting.

Users who are viewing this thread

When it comes to something like that, it could be very difficult to do, but it would be just setting a limit of money per unit, I've seen a lot of modders doing this for the warband and I bet it wouldn't be difficult to do it here.
To be able to equip your troops, or better just customized from existing troops

In my opinion, it might be a little bit unbalancing, but it should be easy to implement. At the end of the day is just to make a new character and assign it as troop.

My vote: Allow the choice among perks like from MP. Every time you're at a garrison you can altar out the load out of your troops. Would keep the system from being too unwieldly, and will still encourage that regional troop type follow a thread of logic.

No camel-riding, bearskin-wearing cavalry from a region with neither bears nor camels.

The best way to balance it is to lock the type of gear you can give to a unit.
Tier 1 units can only get tier 1 items and so on and so forth. That way they should be balanced with other units for the most part and you don't have beefcake recruits and godlike tier throughout your whole ranks .

+1 This would be awesome! If you are worried about being really hard to implement, Prophecy of Pendor (a mod for warband) had this feature in that case you can create your own knighthood order, choosing their equipment (weapons, armour, horses) and their skills, as well as training them.
So i dont think in any way this cannot be implemented in a bigger scale here, letting you customize an entire troop tree.
Regarding balance, maybe you are offered tiers of equipment equivalent to your current tier troop you are working on: Tier 1 equipment for tier 1 troops, Tier 2 equipment for tier 2 tropps, etc. But sure if you are smart you will have an army that is stronger in any way to any existing faction (good infantry, good horses, good archers, etc.)

The best way to balance it is to lock the type of gear you can give to a unit.
Tier 1 units can only get tier 1 items and so on and so forth. That way they should be balanced with other units for the most part and you don't have beefcake recruits and godlike tier throughout your whole ranks .

I want this to be able to make a real Roman empire ahaha

Apparently, it was not that hard in Warband. For example, Prophesy of Pendor had it very simple - you had a list of equipment in a shop-like screen, you would drag and drop and game would calculate overall price (i think the current number of type of troops you wanted to change was one of the factors).

Apparently, it was not that hard in Warband. For example, Prophesy of Pendor had it very simple - you had a list of equipment in a shop-like screen, you would drag and drop and game would calculate overall price (i think the current number of type of troops you wanted to change was one of the factors).
oh wuaw.. played PoP a lot but never made my own faction, that's really cool

This is probably my #1 most wanted feature. And yeah limiting equipment tier to troop level would be a good way to balance it.

Would be cool if you could use smithy to design their weapons.

Back
Top Bottom