Poll- Should Crushthrough be removed, adjusted, or stay?

Should Crushthrough be completely removed, adjusted in some way, or stay as is?

• Completely Remove from Bannerlord?

• Be adjusted to make it less likely to occur?

• Be adjusted to make it more likely to occur?

• Keep as is?

• Other, pls explain below!

Results are only viewable after voting.

Users who are viewing this thread

I just reveived a crush-through i disbelived it was meant to be real. WTF why TW were telling us "we setup a new mechanic were speed and weight count". Lets call it simply inertia, but why should a 2h sword crush through when its balance point is close to the handle?
Mauls and Hammers ok, but please dont turn physics upside down:party:

Crush Through (next beta patch): Made it harder for any non 2h Mace to crush through at all. The idea is to have it happen only in super rare cases for not Maces, like when jumping off from a building, or landing an overswing from a horse. If it still happens too frequently, we will adjust it further.

I don't know about you guys, but I kinda like the idea of crushthrough if you're leaping off a building. Bit sketch on the horse overswings and hopefully doesn't apply from small falls, but in certain scenarios it does make sense and could be quite badass. The 2handed mace should be a lot slower though in my opinion.

Also a little off-topic but do you guys think that the devs are creating their multiplayer weapons using the in-game smithing system lol? It'd make sense with some of the crazy values certain weapons have.

I kinda like the idea of crushthrough if you're leaping off a building. Bit sketch on the horse overswings and hopefully doesn't apply from small falls, but in certain scenarios it does make sense and could be quite badass.
Something like this could crushthrough:

I wouldn't complain about that.

Honestly after playing the last few days I honestly want crushthrough to be completely gone. I had multiple instances yesterday where I had near clutches but I was killed because of crushthrough. I am honestly beyond annoyed with it and it honestly does nothing to further the experience of this game and probably does little more than push people to uninstall faster.

gone, idk i think a block should be rewarded by a block. imagen if ur attack didn't do any damage?

What I can't understand is the reason Devs design the current mechanism:

Assume that I am the defender, the current mechanism is:
Both of us stand steady: lower chance CT (it's ok)
Hit with the end of weapon: higher chance CT (it's ok)
I run, you stand: higher chance CT (it's ok)
I stand, you run: higher chance CT (why?)

I don't understand the last one. Shouldn't it be like "I stand, you run, so I am in a stable status, I prevent get CT"?

Might be it's a bug. If so I don't think I will have any opinion before its fixed.

No the game calculates CT based on wheight. So if anyone moves the CT % are higher since there is somekind of movement multiplication on wheight. Dont know exactly how it works but that's the basics.

They could have made it so that the longer you hold an attack the more "charged" it is, with an animation showing it somehow (maybe like in dark souls but less fantasy). CT would occur only if a weapon is charged enough, but if held for too long the attack is weakened again and CT no longer possible. Sort of like ranged weapons have only a window of good accuracy. No RNG needed at all. Different weapons could have different windows of applying CT during held attack.

They could have made it so that the longer you hold an attack the more "charged" it is, with an animation showing it somehow (maybe like in dark souls but less fantasy). CT would occur only if a weapon is charged enough, but if held for too long the attack is weakened again and CT no longer possible. Sort of like ranged weapons have only a window of good accuracy. No RNG needed at all. Different weapons could have different windows of applying CT during held attack.
Heavy attacks are in the game, also there is no RNG in CT, but it sometimes surely seems like it because too much is going on.

CT is totally weight based and alot of weapons need movement to achive CT since there is somekind of movement multiplier on weight. This calculation makes it seem RNG since it's hard to understand and we dont have any weight stats on weapons (Dont know why since it's a constant value that have an effect).

Alteast that's how I understood it when one of the devs explained it.

Gone. Entirely.

Every weapon that can crush through is both too fast and too long for balanced gameplay.

That being said, even if Taleworlds made crush through weapons shorter and slower, the sheer amount of s key hocus pocus one can do in Bannerlord (especially with shock classes) still makes it total cheese.

I think in this situation, the simplest solution is probably the best one.
This reminds me of warband MP where there was always that one dude jumping around naked with a two handed polearm to cheese the mechanics.

Now I havent played MP in Bannerlord yet, but CT is also annoying in SP. I think the best way would just be to reduce the handling/speed of CT attacks, from what I understand of game mechanics its only overhead attacks that can CT and if you are too close to the target if wont do enough damage to crush through. CT attacks are telegraphed and the key to stop them is to get in close, it seems to me that just making it a bit easier to do so might help better than completely getting rid of it.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom