[Poll] Petition to raise banner limit cap

This issue is important to me! Please raise the banner cap.

• Signed

Votes: 625 84.3%
  • Signed (Gotta have two choices)

Votes: 116 15.7%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ScientiaExcelsa

Master Knight
There have been many, many suggestions concerning raising the amount of banners, but up to now the devs have been fairly silent on the matter.  There have also been rumors that it is possible to mod around the cap, but nobody seems to know for sure.  I think this is something that's very important to the community, born witness to by the major interest Timothy the Knight's custom pack has aroused.  The good people at Taleworlds have always gone out of their way to accommodate modders, so if enough of us show how important a bit more freedom in this area is to us, perhaps they'll do something about it.

Signed.

But just a stab; isn't it possible to just copy the banner folders and paste it? Add some new triggers and voila?

It seems like we could have the capacity for new banners without actually filling the slots, no?  Any newly-added banner would appear as the default custom banner to other players who haven't filled that slot.

The only thing we're asking for here is the ability to add new custom banners without having to overwrite old ones, or at least a higher cap.  Which ones you download and use is up to you.

Personally, I'd like a system like they had in Jedi Academy.  (Which I played online about twice)  You could download as many new skins for your character as you wanted, but anybody who hadn't downloaded the same skin saw you as Kyle Katarn, or whoever he was.  In this case, anybody sporting a custom banner would appear to be using the default faction banner to people who hadn't downloaded the same one.

The only problem with that is, it would probably force them to change a lot of stuff, since to do that, they'd have to have an identity, not just fill a slot.

Scientia Excelsa said:
Personally, I'd like a system like they had in Jedi Academy.  (Which I played online about twice)  You could download as many new skins for your character as you wanted, but anybody who hadn't downloaded the same skin saw you as Kyle Katarn, or whoever he was.  In this case, anybody sporting a custom banner would appear to be using the default faction banner to people who hadn't downloaded the same one.

The only problem with that is, it would probably force them to change a lot of stuff, since to do that, they'd have to have an identity, not just fill a slot.
And the fact that nobody else can see the custom stuff sort of defeats the pourpose of having custom stuff. One solution would be to implement the in-game banner editor I suggested a good while back.

But for now, more banner slots would do just fine.

I like your banner editor idea, but even without it there will always be people willing to assemble banner pack compilations, and you can control what you see.  There could be one big clan banner pack, and one for personal banners.

pentagathus said:

For no good reason, eh?

Arcas Nebun said:
I think people should not make their own banner... otherwise, you'll se all kind of idiotic ones... dont want to give examples
I wont argue that there are people that should never be allowed to use any sort of graphical editor, but as long as we only allow them to use a limited set of resources there will be a significantly smaller number of idiotic things. Of course, this limits freedom, but sometimes restrictions can inspire creativity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom