[POLL] How do you feel about TaleWorlds starting a new SciFi game?

How do you feel about TaleWorlds starting a new SciFi game?

• I think it's great!

• I'm really excited! I just hope Bannerlord gets finished properly

• I knew I was buying an EA game, they can do what they want with the money they got

• It bothers me, they shouldn't be splitting resources when Bannerlord is in the state it is

• So I paid for 2 games and got half of one?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Users who are viewing this thread

But if Armagan makes a video saying "we learned our lessons and we'll be good from now on I promise", will you give him EA money?
Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me :wink:

I would still enjoy the Armagan promo video, sitting behind a huge wooden desk and doing an Independance Day like speech and the crowd (Callum) will cheer like a mad man:

does this mean you completely missed anything Fallout/Metro/Stalker-related, SF strategy games, SF flight sims... possibly even zombie gam
Don't get me wrong, i'm never completely excluding any genre, but a look at a screenshot or a gameplay video can give me a good idea if i would like something or not, and i have tried going against my gut after being pressed by peers to try certain games out enough times to learn that my gut actually doesen't fool me.

I did play all the Metro games - love them all,
played only Fallout 4 - uninstalled after 30 minutes,
also played one of the Dying Light - didn't enjoy it much nor finished it, but wasn't as bad as Fallout 4 to me.

If a game is set in a time period i usually am not that into, it has to have a certain vibe to it for me to try it out (i also wasn't quite thrilled that there was mythology and magic in The Witcher but gave it a shot because of other qualities), and games like Mad Max and Cyberpunk just don't have it, for me that is.
That, to me, tramps over the fact that it's made by the same company that made another game i liked.

All of this doesen't mean that i wouldn't like to try the sci-fi title TaleWorlds would make, if i find what i'm reading, seeing and the vibe feeling is interesting in another way that goes beyond my disliked genre.

Their staff (devs) has given TW very good reviews on glassdor. Friendly work environment, place to learn, self development, but very hard to mobilize and deadlines are a joke. More or less.. :wink:
Must be nice to work in an environment where there are no deadlines and you don't have to really care all that much about the end user

Any other industry but gaming (including other development) and this company would be closed

Must be nice to work in an environment where there are no deadlines and you don't have to really care all that much about the end user

Any other industry but gaming (including other development) and this company would be closed
Most game dev companies have strict deadlines (crunch time), that´s also not that good. But there is something wrong with TWs management, that´s not a big secret.

TaleWorlds has job openings for a new game (previously listed as SciFi but that has been removed)

How do you guys feel about this? Would you get it or support another EA by TaleWorlds?

I personally think with the state Bannerlord is in (bugs, delays, cut features, lack of depth, dead multiplayer etc.), I don't think resources obtained from it's EA should be going into anything else.

What do you think?

Honestly this is typical. Let me get my soapbox out again.

We are dumb, simple as that. The developer releases a buggy mess and calls it "Early Access" and tells us it is a work in progress and not to buy it unless we are ok with that. Then we give a company our money for a unfinished product because we are too impatient to wait for it to be actually finished.

That company NOW HAS OUR MONEY. They will not likely sell a substantial amount of additional copies of the game because most of the people interested already gave them full price for the buggy mess of an unfinished game. Instead of taking that money and going "all hands on deck" to finish the product like we all seem to expect them to do, they do what business do and follow the money.

So money in hand = Zero real incentive to finish product or deliver on promises. Huge incentive to move on to another project that they can also release it as another buggy mess and call it EA. Skeleton crew assigned to first unfinished game, enough to make the players feel that the game is being finished but not enough to make any sort of real progress so feature are cut and progress grinds to a standstill. by the way, does this seem familiar with how much progress has been made on Bannerlord since we gave them our money?

The ads go out for jobs to help develop a new game and 90% of existing development team is reassigned to the new project.

Honestly I have seen this time an time and time again but I am part of the problem. I am dumb just like you and gave them my money for an unfinished buggy mess with the hopes they were on the up and up enough to actually give 100% effort to finish the existing game prior to moving on to another project. The definition of insanity is to do the same action over and over with the expectation of a different result.

Most game dev companies have strict deadlines (crunch time), that´s also not that good. But there is something wrong with TWs management, that´s not a big secret.
I'm a senior developer (not game development) and the handling of this is just baffling to me. Very true, it seems even the most diehard supporters are starting to realize this
Honestly this is typical. Let me get my soapbox out again.

We are dumb, simple as that. The developer releases a buggy mess and calls it "Early Access" and tells us it is a work in progress and not to buy it unless we are ok with that. Then we give a company our money for a unfinished product because we are too impatient to wait for it to be actually finished.

That company NOW HAS OUR MONEY. They will not likely sell a substantial amount of additional copies of the game because most of the people interested already gave them full price for the buggy mess of an unfinished game. Instead of taking that money and going "all hands on deck" to finish the product like we all seem to expect them to do, they do what business do and follow the money.

So money in hand = Zero real incentive to finish product or deliver on promises. Huge incentive to move on to another project that they can also release it as another buggy mess and call it EA. Skeleton crew assigned to first unfinished game, enough to make the players feel that the game is being finished but not enough to make any sort of real progress so feature are cut and progress grinds to a standstill. by the way, does this seem familiar with how much progress has been made on Bannerlord since we gave them our money?

The ads go out for jobs to help develop a new game and 90% of existing development team is reassigned to the new project.

Honestly I have seen this time an time and time again but I am part of the problem. I am dumb just like you and gave them my money for an unfinished buggy mess with the hopes they were on the up and up enough to actually give 100% effort to finish the existing game prior to moving on to another project. The definition of insanity is to do the same action over and over with the expectation of a different result.
I mean you're exactly right, I guess I just liked the concept and hoped for more from TW

But if Armagan makes a video saying "we learned our lessons and we'll be good from now on I promise", will you give him EA money? People will, especially if Bannerlord is fixed, mods are finally making it interesting and Callum the MVP is happily producing exciting devblogs about Calradia 2077.

Taleworlds apologize? for them the game was a commercial success and when you see their incessant radio silence, clearly they don't care a lot about the demands of their community, and acts a bit like a father who left home without his family to get his pack of cigarette without coming back.
Taleworlds is in a phase of snobbery and i think they are proud of what they do

The more I read about how Taleworlds operates, the more I fear they just grabbed the money and left Bannerlord for dead.
I hope I'm very wrong on this one, of course... but they've had time, resources *and* playerbase support for a rather long time. And they still haven't delivered a fully playable or enjoyable game experience.
If this is the extent of their skills... a sci-fi game (or any modern game, really) is out of their reach, and will be review-bombed so hard it goes black, not even red on Steam.

Yes, we were stupid to trust them and their EA description of the game.

But I won´t make this mistake again when it comes down to other TW games.

Their staff (devs) has given TW very good reviews on glassdor. Friendly work environment, place to learn, self development, but very hard to mobilize and deadlines are a joke. More or less.. :wink:
I started reading on glassdoor and it was very interesting

This is a short summary from 19 English reviews

PROS
- Work environment is friendly
- Deadlines are non-existent
- Stress free environment (see above)
- Armagan is god
- Flexible work hours
- The best game company in Turkey
- You get to work on Mount & Blade
- Nice office equipment

CONS
- Projects take too long (see above)
- Low salaries
- No help in developing yourself or your skill-set
- Managers are not doing a very good job leading their teams
- Management wants people to suck up to them. Give free game copies to their guests but not to comployees
- Communication is poor between departments and from managers
- Not a lot of other opportunities for some employees as TW is one of the few companies targeting PC and Steam
- Lack of documentation
- No employee veterans. Too many newbies and interns
- Lack of planning and design
- People are fired for raising concerns vocally and working on side projects in their free time

So much doom and gloom in this thread...

Taleworlds is still working on Bannerlord, calm down. No need to for the entire world to crash and burn just because they're working on another project.

I started reading on glassdoor and it was very interesting

This is a short summary from 19 English reviews

PROS
- Work environment is friendly
- Stress free environment (see above)
- Armagan is god
- Flexible work hours
- The best game company in Turkey
- You get to work on Mount & Blade
- Nice office equipment

CONS
- Projects take too long (see above)
- Low salaries
- No help in developing yourself or your skill-set
- Managers are not doing a very good job leading their teams
- Management wants people to suck up to them. Give free game copies to their guests but not to comployees
- Communication is poor between departments and from managers
- Not a lot of other opportunities for some employees as TW is one of the few companies targeting PC and Steam
- Lack of documentation
- No employee veterans. Too many newbies and interns
- Lack of planning and design
- People are fired for raising concerns vocally and working on side projects in their free time

Very interesting, thank you for summarizing this

But if Armagan makes a video saying "we learned our lessons and we'll be good from now on I promise", will you give him EA money? People will, especially if Bannerlord is fixed, mods are finally making it interesting and Callum the MVP is happily producing exciting devblogs about Calradia 2077.
If Armagan makes a video saying "We ****ed Bannerlord's potential greatness because we had to make it simple enough to work on consoles" and then announces the new game won't be on consoles at all, just then I might be interested.

Still I think they're surviving off the base idea that is Mount&Blade and don't see that they can make another good game outside of that.

Back
Top Bottom