[POLL] How do you feel about TaleWorlds starting a new SciFi game?

How do you feel about TaleWorlds starting a new SciFi game?

• I think it's great!

• I'm really excited! I just hope Bannerlord gets finished properly

• I knew I was buying an EA game, they can do what they want with the money they got

• It bothers me, they shouldn't be splitting resources when Bannerlord is in the state it is

• So I paid for 2 games and got half of one?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Fate

Veteran
TaleWorlds has job openings for a new game (previously listed as SciFi but that has been removed)

How do you guys feel about this? Would you get it or support another EA by TaleWorlds?

I personally think with the state Bannerlord is in (bugs, delays, cut features, lack of depth, dead multiplayer etc.), I don't think resources obtained from it's EA should be going into anything else.

What do you think?

I'm fine with it as long as TW keeps working on bannerlord and don't leave it at this state though i would prefer they focus all resources on the M&B series since it's so unique and my favorite but i know some studios like to branch out into different ips to not get burned out in the same thing forever and ever, let's see how things will develop.

I don't think resources obtained from it's EA should be going into anything else.
Oh, the things you don't know.. :smile:
-
That being said, you can't control TW and their resources just because you bought one game. It's pretty clear that even if they are working on a SciFi type game - which I won't say yes or no - it means they are aiming another "playerbase" which makes your option "or do you support another EA" a bit pointless because no one buys another game just because it's made by the same company.

I really like front mission 3, I like to eject punch the enemies and capture all their mechs. I also really liked the Zeonic Font Gundam game. I also liked the first armored core games. I guess if it was tactical mech game with action for the player pilot, I would like that a lot.
Who knows what they're doing though.

I hope they stick to their idea of making Bannerlord a fully finished product before release it last thing I want to see is cut backs to the core game they said from they start that making a polished game this was their one of their major values I hope they stick by it moving on to a new series doesn't seem like the right move but I suppose the show must go on to survive in the industry

If you bought a game in EA before seeing the reviews and you didn't like what you got, it's your fault.
Stop financing EAs, they destroy any incentive on the developer side to finish the game. You are also screwing over the guys who waited patiently for a full release, but now they are going to wait for years because a bunch of fellow players had more money than sense.

Last edited:
They should really focus and finish Bannerlord, before even thinking about starting another game. If they do, well then it will mean they are greedy, and I won't buy any other game from them ever again ...

For normal game companies it´s not uncommon that they work on more than one game. But normal game companies are also able to do it and still release a working game while doing it.

This could be fun in the future when we have two TW EA games and both are a complete mess, and then they start working on a third game :grin: .

I'd like to expect some very long term support for Bannerlord by a few select people who've been with the project from the very beginning. As much as it lacks in depth, it's a platform you can build on, either by means of DLC of further development.

If you bought a game in EA before seeing the reviews and you didn't like what you got, it's your fault.
Stop financing EAs, they destroy any incentive on the developer side to finish the game. You are also screwing over the guys who waited patiently for a full release, but now they are going to wait for years because a bunch of fellow players had more money than sense.

The issue is an EA done well is a great opportunity to get in on a game early and see/help it develop and grow

TW is just god awful at communication/doesn't care what the community has to say and is dreadfully slow at updating the game with anything substantial. I still can't tell if this is of lack of caring or talent.

Not all EA's are like this. I do agree you rely on the company having integrity and a lot of the EA's I've done have disappointed me. Bannerlord is the worst EA process I've been apart of so far though

Says who? That's completely untrue, several companies bank on some of the people buying their games because they are the ones who made them.
Name one. Name one company that is doing medieval-themed game and expecting people to buy their SciFi game just because they are making it ( or vice-a-versa)

Name one. Name one company that is doing medieval-themed game and expecting people to buy their SciFi game just because they are making it ( or vice-a-versa)
CD Project Red just did this exact thing.
Armagan is having his Cyberpunk moment, he's already seeing Keanu dressed up as a Space Turk.

Last edited:
CD Project?

The fans loved the Witcher (medieval fantasy setting) and felt for the hype for Cyberbug 2077?

Does this count? :unsure:

Back
Top Bottom