[POLL] How do you feel about TaleWorlds starting a new SciFi game?

How do you feel about TaleWorlds starting a new SciFi game?

• I think it's great!

• I'm really excited! I just hope Bannerlord gets finished properly

• I knew I was buying an EA game, they can do what they want with the money they got

• It bothers me, they shouldn't be splitting resources when Bannerlord is in the state it is

• So I paid for 2 games and got half of one?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Users who are viewing this thread

We post bug reports, we engage with developers and discover new issues and ways to fix those issues. We help bring forward suggestions on how to improve / fix aspects of the games.

The devs are usually extremely helpful here, however the problem is whenever they go to management and other meetings to discuss these things and they get rejected in the first 10 minutes, as has been described by Mexxico.

Leadership is focued on streamlining the game and making sure it works for consoles without additional development. This mentality has even caused them to dumb down the game AI in order to reach certain FPS targets for consoles.

They (leadership) shut down ideas without giving motivation as to why, even internally to their own developers.
They do not communicate with us which they promised they would.

We have a certain right to be upset after multiple broken promises and a complete disregard for the feedback they say they want.

People here need to support the game development. The problem with Bannerlords community: the majority dont know what "support" is.
We supported the game big time because we bought Early Access version of it.
There are countless topics in this forum with constructive feedback both positive and negative.
Bugs get reported quickly after they release a new patch.

What more support do you want? :p

If they want to create another game, why not? It's what developers do. Should they finish Bannerlord first? Well if they would abandon it today I would be upset. But they are probably in pre production of their next title and that needs to start at some point. It doesn't mean that the majority of the Bannerlord team gets shifted to their new project immediately, some people like concept artists need work as well though. They've grown considerably during Bannerlord development, it just makes sense to start another franchise if you don't want to fire everyone after Bannerlord is released.
So they are now using "Bannerlord EA money" to hire new developers for a new project. That's not really the case though. "Bannerlord EA money" went into 8 years of development after all.

No.

Callum confirmed that they had enough money to keep developing for several years without having to go EA
Which was like their money. If they put it into development of Bannerlord, and you give them money for the game, it replaces the money they already spend on it. Otherwise they can't make profits...

Which was like their money. If they put it into development of Bannerlord, and you give them money for the game, it replaces the money they already spend on it. Otherwise they can't make profits...
I have no idea what you are trying to say here, but what you wrote earlier made it sound like the money they got from Bannerlord EA went to cover the costs of the 8 years of development they've gone through, which is not the case.

I have no idea what you are trying to say here, but what you wrote earlier made it sound like the money they got from Bannerlord EA went to cover the costs of the 8 years of development they've gone through, which is not the case.
Actually it does make sense. Any business investing in a huge new product typically doesn't have the liquidity to self-finance, that Warband money was gone at some point and loans were taken against future sales. So yes, Bannerlord EA sales would pay back those loans and ideally add a healthy profit.

Actually it does make sense. Any business investing in a huge new product typically doesn't have the liquidity to self-finance, that Warband money was gone at some point and loans were taken against future sales. So yes, Bannerlord EA sales would pay back those loans and ideally add a healthy profit.
Yeah but I am saying that Callum stated that they were never in money issues and could easily keep going for a few years on the money they had.
Now we have no clue or not whether or not this money he mentioned included loans or not.

Callum stated that
So Callum is also CFO of the company? Cool :lol:
I'm not saying he is lying but I'm pretty sure that PR/Blog guy isn't the person who should know the financial status of a mid-size company - especially while TW have a super closed-culture when it comes to management. Only Armagan and a few other people can fully know this information.

So Callum is also CFO of the company? Cool :lol:
I'm not saying he is lying but I'm pretty sure that PR/Blog guy isn't the person who should know the financial status of a mid-size company - especially while TW have a super closed-culture when it comes to management. Only Armagan and a few other people can fully know this information.
We have no idea what Callum knows or doesn't know.
Considering how careful Callum usually is with what he says however, I am leaning towards him having enough background information to actually say it and it being true, as opposed to the reverse.

Entitled is when you buy a game in early access, fully advertised as early access, and then do nothing but complain that the game isn't developing fast enough... Expecting fast results under inefficient circumstances because you spent 40 dollars is entitled.

Amazing how you think the problem is that 'the youth' want instant gratification. You've imagined yourself an enemy then gotten angry at them. Reminds me of lunatics on Facebook who "epicly own the libs", when really they're ascribing whatever qualities they dislike to a caricature of millennials that only exists in their head.

We have no idea what Callum knows or doesn't know.
Considering how careful Callum usually is with what he says however, I am leaning towards him having enough background information to actually say it and it being true, as opposed to the reverse.
He has literally 0 chance of seeing the financial records of the company. At best he can get this information by asking it to Armagan himself directly at lunch and getting an answer. But again, I'm not saying that he is lying - but he is definitely not a "confirmation" person in this case.

Still, you or me shouldn't care this fact anyway. Whether they needed money or not - at the end, we have a game that was promoted to have some semi-complex features ( Crime syndicate/Gangs etc as a simple example ) which we don't have right now. And it's highly unclear if we ever get them in the future. This is not a thing people can object by saying "iTs eA bRuH" - because game being in EA state doesn't explain the fact that their `roadmaps` are not roadmaps but wishful thinking like posts with highly vague "feature" statements in it.

But overall this discussion is quite pointless because TW has a lot of secrets that they can't share right now. And they don't give a damn about forum - this is not a joke or hatred message, they are not checking the forum at all, literally.

He has literally 0 chance of seeing the financial records of the company. At best he can get this information by asking it to Armagan himself directly at lunch and getting an answer. But again, I'm not saying that he is lying - but he is definitely not a "confirmation" person in this case.
I disagree on this point, but agree with the other points you are making.
It is not a 0% chance of him seeing the financial records of TW. Maybe it is unbelievable to you, but it's certainly not 0.

A lot of people in various companies have various amounts of insight in the financials of their companies.
You don't need to be a CEO, COO or CFO to have insight.

Yeah but I am saying that Callum stated that they were never in money issues and could easily keep going for a few years on the money they had.
Now we have no clue or not whether or not this money he mentioned included loans or not.
It doesn't matter how much money they had. When you buy a product you are paying for the development costs.

It is not a 0% chance of him seeing the financial records of TW. Maybe it is unbelievable to you, but it's certainly not 0.

A lot of people in various companies have various amounts of insight in the financials of their companies.
You don't need to be a CEO, COO or CFO to have insight.
I'm talking about seeing the financial records. Yes, you can have insights - but that doesn't mean that they are true or confirmed. They are just guesses. I know how TW works - it's not rocket science to guess how long they could last with DLC/Console revenue. But there are also other factors that you don't know and I can't say since it's not publicly announced. Other sources of income. Still, neither he nor I know if they are in a bad shape in terms of loans or any other extra budgets.

It doesn't matter how much money they had. When you buy a product you are paying for the development costs.
It doesn't matter what we are paying for.

The original post was referring to the fact that "TW needed money to pay for development", which was incorrect. They didn't need it, at least not when they released EA.

I'm not against TW making a profit, of course I want them to make a profit.

I'm talking about seeing the financial records. Yes, you can have insights - but that doesn't mean that they are true or confirmed. They are just guesses. I know how TW works - it's not rocket science to guess how long they could last with DLC/Console revenue. But there are also other factors that you don't know and I can't say since it's not publicly announced. Other sources of income. Still, neither he nor I know if they are in a bad shape in terms of loans or any other extra budgets.
I don't know what you know or don't know about TW financials.

However when I say insight, I'm not just talking about "hearing it from someone". I am talking about seeing the incoming revenue and seeing the outgoing expenses.

My company is pretty open with it's budget and shows the incoming and outgoing. That is what I mean.

For you to make a blanket statement that "Callum has 0% chance of knowing the financials" seems incredibly naïve from a bystanders perspective, unless you claim to have intimate knowledge about this fact in the same post, which you didn't do.

Anyway I don't want to argue this point anymore. You know what I mean, and I know what you mean.

Callum's onlyfans?
You are onto something :shifty:
But yeah I can't disclose that as I said. I'm not saying they are rich or anything btw but TW has around ~140 employees, two large offices in the same highly important building. Hence it would be naive to think that they are only relying on several DLC's for 8 years even if you think without any other information.
Wtf did I just watch? How can I unwatch this?

Back
Top Bottom