[POLL] How do you feel about TaleWorlds starting a new SciFi game?

How do you feel about TaleWorlds starting a new SciFi game?

• I think it's great!

• I'm really excited! I just hope Bannerlord gets finished properly

• I knew I was buying an EA game, they can do what they want with the money they got

• It bothers me, they shouldn't be splitting resources when Bannerlord is in the state it is

• So I paid for 2 games and got half of one?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Users who are viewing this thread

I'm not saying you are wrong. I am not disagreeing with you. You did not offend me.

It just seemed to me that you thought it was somehow unfair by me to not include certain positive comments. And I merely wanted to explain my reasoning why it was perfectly fair not to include them.

:smile:
Cool mate, thanks - we're on the same page :smile:

I think you are not reading between the lines.
For example, "open-minded manager" clearly means "gay manager"; "friendly coworkers" probably means they are bisexual.
"Team leaders are good but can't lead" is tricky. Clearly team leaders are good at something, but it's not their job. You can pretty much guess what they are good at based on the other comments.
Gay manager? I think someone will call looters.

One may find it interesting...

Bethesda - 18 reviews
y1a_Q.jpg
Blizzard - 1020 reviews
-inAV.jpg
CD Projekt RED - 96 reviews
cWMJ0.jpg
Paradox - 45 reviews
PKgLz.jpg
Rockstar - 243 reviews
z7uMt.jpg
Tale Worlds - 19 reviews
bUiSm.jpg

From this very general standpoint it is at par with any other company on the market. Maybe except paradox and CDPR. Recent trend is also rather favourable for the TW.

The only 2 problems I have with this comparison is the small sample size for TW compared to the other companies and that the trend is only based off of 1.5 years which only include 7 reviews. If we stretch it to 2 years and include 9, then the trend wouldn't look as good as Glassdoor conveniently cuts off 2 very negative reviews.

The problem with data is that it can and will be used to misconstrue everything.

Bethesda has a similar rating with 18 reviews, and how good have their last releases been? Of the in-house developed ones I mean.

You can also make good products even if you´re unsatisfied with your work enviroment / boss / whatever.

Think about all those child workers in 3rd world countries who produces fashion stuff. I bet there aren´t many that are satisfied with their "company" but their products are still decent/good.

So for me it doesn´t matter if TW gets praised by their workers, their product matters to me and that´s are broken mess in its current state. And have my doubts that this will change anytime soon.

After 100 votes you've proven what most of us already know: 80 percent of the video game market consists of entitled youth that get upset when a game developer performs its function and develops a game.

After 100 votes you've proven what most of us already know: 80 percent of the video game market consists of entitled youth that get upset when a game developer performs its function and develops a game.
He's has shown that 80% of people active on the forum are unsatisfied with TW's product. Nothing more.

Entitled? Yes, well we are the customers so we do have a certain right to be entitled, to a reasonable extent.
Youth? How on earth did you draw this conclusion? I don't know about everyone else that is active on this forum, but I started playing TW's games when I was 20, but I am 30 right now. I assume a lot of people are in a similar situation. Pretty sure most of us aren't considered youths anymore.
Developer performs its function and develops a game? I know indie developers that seem to produce a higher quality game at a faster rate. Just take a look at Manor Lords by Slavic Magic. It's being developed by a single dev.

The only 2 problems I have with this comparison is the small sample size for TW compared to the other companies and that the trend is only based off of 1.5 years which only include 7 reviews. If we stretch it to 2 years and include 9, then the trend wouldn't look as good as Glassdoor conveniently cuts off 2 very negative reviews.

The problem with data is that it can and will be used to misconstrue everything.

Bethesda has a similar rating with 18 reviews, and how good have their last releases been? Of the in-house developed ones I mean.
Good conclusions.

I will just add... Glassdoor won't tell us anything besides what we already know.

@Stromming

Man, this Manor Lords game looks beautiful. Do you know when the creator plans to start EA ?

Man, this Manor Lords game looks beautiful. Do you know when the creator plans to start EA ?
:ohdear:
Unintended sarcasm is the best. :smile:
There are at least two other competing medieval city builders. Banished really inspired people to say "I can do better" and go and play with modern engines. Even Kentucky started a game for the same reason, but it's about railroads or something.

A rational, patient customer would wait for them to duke it out and buy the winner when it has at least most of the functionality and ideally good enough to be out of EA. Why is it so hard not to be "involved" in the game-making process?

:ohdear:
Unintended sarcasm is the best. :smile:
You anti-EA or something? :smile:

I am very pro EA for games, especially small indie devs, as it can bring much needed funding. However this is all reliant on the EA being managed properly. I am willing to give almost everyone a chance.

TW have had their chance lol, see what they did with it.

You anti-EA or something? :smile:

I am very pro EA for games, especially small indie devs, as it can bring much needed funding. However this is all reliant on the EA being managed properly. I am willing to give almost everyone a chance.

TW have had their chance lol, see what they did with it.
Basically I'm pro-consumer/anti-scam, but that's a personal conservative preference over being an angel investor for indie games like you EA supporters.

I'm also patient and can think of other things to do while waiting for a game to release and I hate wasting time on beta versions of anything.
For example, I downloaded the original early Mount and Blade demo that had 2 factions and a level 6 limit, said "this would be a great game" and uninstalled it. I didn't feel the urge to sign up for the forum and simp on Armagan (:smile:), but waited until the M&B release was announced at some gaming site. Then I bought the game and enjoyed it in its full glory for many years.
Same for Rimworld more recently - read the reviews a couple of years before it came out, said "this is a game for me" and patiently waited for it (without following it for fear of spoilers) to get an official release. I knew it would be a great game and I wanted minimum preconceptions, hype, spoilers, forum groupthink and other junk, so I could experience it more fully, like a virgin. This kind of approach paid off big time and I'm still a rabid fan.

Last edited:
He's has shown that 80% of people active on the forum are unsatisfied with TW's product. Nothing more.

Entitled? Yes, well we are the customers so we do have a certain right to be entitled, to a reasonable extent.
Youth? How on earth did you draw this conclusion? I don't know about everyone else that is active on this forum, but I started playing TW's games when I was 20, but I am 30 right now. I assume a lot of people are in a similar situation. Pretty sure most of us aren't considered youths anymore.
Developer performs its function and develops a game? I know indie developers that seem to produce a higher quality game at a faster rate. Just take a look at Manor Lords by Slavic Magic. It's being developed by a single dev.

Average life expectany on planet earth is 74. Half of 74 is 37. 30 = young.

Entitled is when you buy a game in early access, fully advertised as early access, and then do nothing but complain that the game isn't developing fast enough when almost the entire time the game has been in early access has been under the cloud of Covid 19 crippling economies, making people work from home, and forcing people to eliminate critical face to face communication. Expecting fast results under inefficient circumstances because you spent 40 dollars is entitled.

Entitled is complaining because a company in business to develop games is somehow obligated to sacrifice making other games(or a profit) until you and the rest of the 40 dollar investors are satisfied.

This is early access of video game development. None of it is a surprise. With Covid they have less resources, time, and work force to get things done.

Get over yourself. You're not that big of a deal.

Last edited:
Basically I'm pro-consumer/anti-scam, but that's a personal conservative preference over being an angel investor for indie games like you EA supporters.
EA done the right way can also be pro-consumer. But of course TW is far away from doing an EA the right way. They use EA as a paid closed beta. One of the worst EA examples from the games I personally played.

But games like Workers & Ressources Soviet Republic or Factorio/Rimworld do/did it the right way.

Entitled is when you buy a game in early access, fully advertised as early access, and then do nothing but complain that the game isn't developing fast enough when almost the entire time the game has been in early access has been under the cloud of Covid 19 crippling economies, making people work from home, and forcing people to eliminate critical face to face communication. Expecting fast results under inefficient circumstances because you spent 40 dollars is entitled.

Entitled is complaining because a company in business to develop games is somehow obligated to sacrifice making other games(or a profit) until you and the rest of the 40 dollar investors are satisfied.

This is early access of video game development. None of it is a surprise. With Covid they have less resources, time, and man hours to get things done.

I think you have sorely misunderstood me and many other of TW's critics if you think everything is as black and white as this is.
We are not only "complaining" as you put it.

We are also very well aware of Covid restrictions and the effects that follow. Most (if not all) of us have job that are similarly impacted.

I think you have sorely misunderstood me and many other of TW's critics if you think everything is as black and white as this is.
We are not only "complaining" as you put it.

We are also very well aware of Covid restrictions and the effects that follow. Most (if not all) of us have job that are similarly impacted.

What am I not understanding then?

This thread is a poll with a bunch of options phrased in a negative way, intended to create a discussion that TW shouldn't make any other games until Bannerlord somehow magically pleases the negative mass that makes up these forums.

Negative criticism doesn't help anything get done. If half the posters on these forums had to deal with a bunch of people complaining loudly about their production at work they would quit their jobs to find a "safe space".

Everyone complains that the devs don't communicate with the community enough? Why should they when the majority of time it results in someone telling them how bad they suck?

If you want to see how a positive community can actually help a game develop, go read the Pathfinder, Wrath of the Righteous forums. There are very few people feeding negative criticism all day, when their first game they made was one of the buggiest, ugliest releases in the history of video games.

People here need to support the game development. The problem with Bannerlords community: the majority dont know what "support" is.

This is early access of video game development. None of it is a surprise. With Covid they have less resources, time, and work force to get things done.

lmao i havent seen a post like this since last summer

What am I not understanding then?

This thread is a poll with a bunch of options phrased in a negative way, intended to create a discussion that TW shouldn't make any other games until Bannerlord somehow magically pleases the negative mass that makes up these forums.

Negative criticism doesn't help anything get done. If half the posters on these forums had to deal with a bunch of people complaining loudly about their production at work they would quit their jobs to find a "safe space".

Everyone complains that the devs don't communicate with the community enough? Why should they when the majority of time it results in someone telling them how bad they suck?

If you want to see how a positive community can actually help a game develop, go read the Pathfinder, Wrath of the Righteous forums. There are very few people feeding negative criticism all day, when their first game they made was one of the buggiest, ugliest releases in the history of video games.

People here need to support the game development. The problem with Bannerlords community: the majority dont know what "support" is.
Since you only think of us as young, entitled and spoiled brats, I am going to respond to you like one, with the only words you deserve.

ok boomer

Back
Top Bottom