[POLL] How do you feel about TaleWorlds starting a new SciFi game?

How do you feel about TaleWorlds starting a new SciFi game?

• I think it's great!

• I'm really excited! I just hope Bannerlord gets finished properly

• I knew I was buying an EA game, they can do what they want with the money they got

• It bothers me, they shouldn't be splitting resources when Bannerlord is in the state it is

• So I paid for 2 games and got half of one?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Users who are viewing this thread

The title on the Cyberpunk homepage is literally

"Cyberpunk 2077 — from the creators of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt"

CD Project Red just did this exact thing.
CD Project?
So you think Cyberpunk sold ~10 Million copies just because it's made by CD Project Red? Not because Cyberpunk was promising a huge GTA-like RPG Game with Interesting storylines with an interactive world set in Cyberpunk universe?
In otherwords, you think a hardcore Witcher fan with all Witcher games in his library, perhaps Whitcher boardgame on his shelf, Gerald Sword on his wall said "You know what. I will play Cyberpunk even though I literally have nothing in common with that genre, because it made by CD Project Red"? And it wouldn't sell this much if it was made by another company, EA etc? Okay.

So you think Cyberpunk sold ~10 Million copies just because it's made by CD Project Red? Not because Cyberpunk was promising a huge GTA-like RPG Game with Interesting storylines with an interactive world set in Cyberpunk universe?
In otherwords, you think a hardcore Witcher fan with all Witcher games in his library, perhaps Whitcher boardgame on his shelf, Gerald Sword on his wall said "You know what. I will play Cyberpunk even though I literally have nothing in common with that genre, because it made by CD Project Red"? And it wouldn't sell this much if it was made by another company, EA etc? Okay.
This is exactly what happened. Witcher 3 was a huge mainstream success and the gaming community saw whatever CD Project Red did next as the next greatest game ever. Cyberpunk was massively hyped by gamers.

Not only because it was made by CD Project. But it was a huge factor.

Of course CDPR advertised a game they haven´t delivered and won´t deliver in the future. But the fans believed them and gave them credit because they did a good job in the past. So they though that they will deliver the game they´ve shown.

See any similiarties to TW btw, lol?

I think people would have been a lot more sceptical (me included) if Cyberbug 2077 would have been from another game company like EA or whatever. Because in peoples mind:

CDPR = awesome (before Cyberbug 2077)
EA = worst game company in the world, the devil itself

And that´s a factor.

Cyberpunk was massively hyped by gamers.
I won´t agree, CDPR hyped the game and the fans fell for the hype! Cyberbug has the biggest marketing budget ever and of course Keanu Reeves.

With a $315 million budget, CDPR spared no expenses in coughing up the big bucks in getting celebrity and influencer partnerships.

CDPR was talking about a lot of systems (also have shown some of them in trailers) which aren´t in the game (Hello TW :smile: ).

Last edited:
The Witcher 3 is the most awarded game of all time, you didn't have to be a die-hard fan to see that the company has a history of making great games and supporting it because of that. Why do you think CD Project Red focused the witcher so much in the hype, even having it in the title of the webpage?

As I said before, I don't expect that they put all the resources in a selled game, the sells from now on will be residual comparing with what they sell till now. For me it's better to realize a game in two months, wait half year and buy a budget expansion, 20€+-. The money most flows, they have to pay big salaries each month to 100 people, we must understand that,its the real life.

You are missing the point.
People who were going to play Cyberpunk that were already played Witcher could felt assurance on Cyberpunk's development because they trusted CD Project Red that they won't mess it up. And Witcher was a success so they wanted to give this assurance to everyone. That's perfectly normal. Sid Meier is doing that **** for ages - even with his name on title. This is something else - and unrelated. It's related to creating a brand and building a familiarity to that. I'm talking about the playerbase shifting.

Read what I wrote again -
a bit pointless because no one buys another game just because it's made by the same company.

Show me that majority of players bought the game "JUST" because it's made by CD Project Red but NOT because they liked the promised features and already had sympathy for the genre. You can't find it. It doesn't exist. It's the same for Fallout and Skyrim.

You are moving the goalposts, instead of admitting you were exaggerating/wrong - which is the gracious way to continue.
Players are not divided by incompatible genres as you theorize. Most would play a lot of different games, especially ones that are mainstream, and especially if their favorite game devs are making the game (the virtuous CDPR who deserve all your money because they are the good guys who care for players). A LARPer that only plays few medieval games and is not interested in SF at all is an exception.
If I was impressed with Bannerlord, I would be very interested about whatever Taleworlds would do next, regardless of the genre. I would be much more willing to buy their hype and trust them it will be a game I would like, based on their past record.
Both Elder Scrolls and Fallout games are of the same genre - open-world RPGs. Their being medieval fantasy and SF is the least important difference.

As I said before, I don't expect that they put all the resources in a selled game, the sells from now on will be residual comparing with what they sell till now. For me it's better to realize a game in two months, wait half year and buy a budget expansion, 20€+-. The money most flows, they have to pay big salaries each month to 100 people, we must understand that,its the real life.
If they are paying big salaries each month to 100 people they are wasting that money. Not getting anywhere close what they should be out of them

If I was impressed with Bannerlord, I would be very interested about whatever Taleworlds would do next, regardless of the genre. I would be much more willing to buy their hype and trust them it will be a game I would like, based on their past record.
Both Elder Scrolls and Fallout games are of the same genre - open-world RPGs. Their being medieval fantasy and SF is the least important difference.

But Bethesda's Fallout 76 fiasco should have killed all hype for TES 6, based on their past record, but it hasn't. On the other hand, Torn Banner mildly acclaimed Chivalry didnt build any hype for either their now defunct wizard game nor the sequel, while being both same genre should at least keep some of their core players.

Seems like normal business to me.. I normally start on one project while finishing another...

Armagan is having his Cyberpunk moment, he's already seeing Keanu dressed up as a Space Turk.
Lol

no one buys another game just because it's made by the same company.
They absolutely do.

A lot of people preordered Cyberpunk because it was made by CDPR, because Witcher 3 is a great game and was a huge success with millions of copies sold and people were hyped about what they could do with Cyberpunk. It played a huge factor. There is no denying that.

Same with Blizzard games when they were still good.

Anyway it already feels like they are working on the next game, while leaving 5 people to tend to Bannerlord, sorry :p

Same with Blizzard games when they were still good.

Anyway it already feels like they are working on the next game, while leaving 5 people to tend to Bannerlord, sorry :p
Blizzard is also a very good example, they stood for good quality games but they we´re working hard in the past to destroy their good name with huge success. WC3 reforged RIP! Also the legendary "Don´t you guys have smarthphones?" moment.

It takes a lot of time and effort to get a good name and earning a fanbase, but it just needs a short moment to destroy it.

5 devs + 2 janitors! I´ve even heard that Armagan himself is doing some coding when he get´s bored counting all that EA money he earned.

You are moving the goalposts, instead of admitting you were exaggerating/wrong
I'm not? Read what I wrote.
If I was impressed with Bannerlord, I would be very interested about whatever Taleworlds would do next, regardless of the genre.
Yes, this is what I'm saying. If you are saying that "this" behaviour is common for everyone then sure, you are right. But none of us can prove this anyway.

If person X says he will buy company Y's game even though they are completely different, and just because it's made by company Y, then person X is dumb and deserves to be ripped off.

A lot of people preordered Cyberpunk because it was made by CDPR, because Witcher 3 is a great game and was a huge success with millions of copies sold and people were hyped about what they could do with Cyberpunk. It played a huge factor. There is no denying that.
Again this is mixing the trust to company vs people buying that game just because of it. In Witcher they nailed it - not with launch but later on. And because they nailed it good, people expected to see "promised" things in Cyberpunk as well. And as you can see, I'm not denying that. But I don't think people bought the game JUST because it is made by CDPR. If that's the case, they deserved that. And it's not even the company's fault. Because if you think your local pizza restaurant can also make great burgers just because they nailed doing a great pizza, then you are dumb.

Anyway this is pointless since there are tons of stuff you don't know about TW and it's internal projects at the moment ( which I can't also disclose ) so its pointless to discuss that. Since TW isn't reading the forum, even if you reach to a consensus where you decide not to buy any TW product ever again, they won't know it till they do it.

Seems like normal business to me.. I normally start on one project while finishing another...
Fully agree, stagnation means death... They have to expand if they want to become worldwide known company, attract ambitious people and diversify their products. They have already sold enough EA copies of Bannerlord to call it a medicore financial success. Investing those money is the only way to survive these days.

P.S. I sincerilly wonder why so many people compare this situation to Cyberpunk and its lame release. Two completely different topics because of many reasons:

1. CDP premature release didn't affect any other game.
2. TW started a scouting phase of the project that will be in early dev for another 1 or 2 years. This is as far as i understand one job offer so far...
3. Didn't play Cyberpunk 2077 myself but don't know a person who played it on PC and was dissapointed. Everybody i know says this game is just excellent even though its so buggy... one step to become brilliant. I doubt that a year from now this will matter. If TW wants to make another game that will be as good as C-2077 reviews are - be my guest !
4. TW in comparison to CDP was very much open (too open) with their fans and this led them to so many problems in the past IMO. They now admitt it and become more reluctant... CDP, Blizzard or Bethesda won't involve you in their game development...

EDIT: PS.2 This is by the way how the fake news are spread.. One answer from the poll suggests they split resources. As far as i know they hire new people...I have never heard them saying they split resources. Can anybody confirm that... ? Tommorow it will not matter if it is true or not because it will become "viral", and pseudo game fans will spread in on youtube or reddit.....

Last edited:
I for one absolutely loved The Witcher 3, and love CD Projekt Red for it!

There is a plethora of reasons why i loved it, but not once did i think of buying Cyberpunk 2077, especially not just because it was made by CDPR.

I'm not into Sci-fi games whatsoever as i don't enjoy that genre and Cyberpunk wasn't even on my radar because of it.

I can only guess that a decent ammount of people are in the same position as myself and don't buy a game just because it was made by the company that have previously made their favourite game, especially cross-genre, which isn't even very sensible imo.

I for one absolutely loved The Witcher 3, and love CD Projekt Red for it!

There is a plethora of reasons why i loved it, but not once did i think of buying Cyberpunk 2077, especially not just because it was made by CDPR.

I'm not into Sci-fi games whatsoever as i don't enjoy that genre and Cyberpunk wasn't even on my radar because of it.

I can only guess that a decent ammount of people are in the same position as myself and don't buy a game just because it was made by the company that have previously made their favourite game, especially cross-genre, which isn't even very sensible imo.
So you are that one person that Bloc is looking for, a dedicated larper. :smile:
I know people that don't like SF exist, but does this mean you completely missed anything Fallout/Metro/Stalker-related, SF strategy games, SF flight sims... possibly even zombie games??? How is this possibles?

Couldn't care less really, and looking at how TW's management have handled Bannerlord, I have no hope for it anyway.
But if Armagan makes a video saying "we learned our lessons and we'll be good from now on I promise", will you give him EA money? People will, especially if Bannerlord is fixed, mods are finally making it interesting and Callum the MVP is happily producing exciting devblogs about Calradia 2077.

Back
Top Bottom