[POLL]: How do you feel about he console port?

How do you feel about he console port?

• I think it's great, the more people able to play the better

• I think it's good as long as the game isn't limited because of consoles

• I don't care either way

• They shouldn't even be thinking about consoles until EA is done for PC with all promised features

• The console port is just a money grab

Results are only viewable after voting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Fate

Veteran
Just curious as to how everyone feels about the announcement of the console ports and Callum confirming it will be coming to console along with the full release to PC (ie. it's being worked on now)

EDIT: Adding the links/screenshots of confirmation as requested

https://wccftech.com/mount-and-blade-ii-bannerlord-is-officially-coming-to-consoles/

V7hm9.jpg

Last edited:
I think 75% I think it's good as long as the game isn't limited because of consoles
20% They shouldn't even be thinking about consoles until EA is done for PC with all promised features
5% The console port is just a money grab

So it's complicated. I know wanting a console/PC co-release is often strived for with other PC games, so I suppose it's to be expected. However I also worry because of the pace of improvement that maybe resources are spread to thin. And of course I don't want any features or option withheld for sake of console simplification. I do know that there are people waiting to play on console and it's good for them to get the game sooner, however the game being the best it can be always my #1 concern.

I think 75% I think it's good as long as the game isn't limited because of consoles
20% They shouldn't even be thinking about consoles until EA is done for PC with all promised features
5% The console port is just a money grab

So it's complicated. I know wanting a console/PC co-release is often strived for with other PC games, so I suppose it's to be expected. However I also worry because of the pace of improvement that maybe resources are spread to thin. And of course I don't want any features or option withheld for sake of console simplification. I do know that there are people waiting to play on console and it's good for them to get the game sooner, however the game being the best it can be always my #1 concern.
You pretty well hit all of my concerns

If this EA process went better and it wasn't constant cutting of features and "too complex" responses to simple things already fixed via mods I'd think differently.

I don't know how they expect to release anytime soon

First and foremost, I believe that it is absolutely a bad decision for them to be focusing on even the THOUGHT of a console version when their platform isn't even complete yet. Doesn't it make sense to fully develop the game on your main platform, and then after, you can think about how you're going to handle it on anothers? Tackling both at once is not exactly efficient.

That being said, unfortunately it happened and can't do anything about it. As long as the development and overall state of the PC release isn't affected by it, ok, focus on both.

Sadly developing a PC version and a console version at the same time is quite normal these days.

It can be ok as long as the main focus for a game like bannerlord is on PC.

The problem with Bannerlord though are the terrible and fateful words ' We want to reach a WIDER AUDIENCE'

This has been said several times by TW.

We all know what this means: dumb it down, simplify mechanics and design several features with consoles in mind - get more sales

(little jimmy on his play-station 5 might see the screenshots of horses and big swords and then scream "Muummmmmmmmy! Buy me Bannerlord please!)

First and foremost, I believe that it is absolutely a bad decision for them to be focusing on even the THOUGHT of a console version when their platform isn't even complete yet.
This. I wanted to make a long-ass post, but this is the core concept anyway.
I also cannot fathom how, if they can't make a decent PC game in 8 years, they think they would magically be able to conjure a console version.
It's like a failing restaurant where the food and the service are terrible and the customers are not even coming anymore becoming a franchise and opening two new restaurants with the same food quality, terrible service and expecting that somehow it'll work out. It boggles the mind... it gets the noggin joggin.

please make it cross compatible

multiplayer is dead on pc having huge numbers of console players to play against would be great for multiplayer

hopefully they have a battle mode by then

Just curious as to how everyone feels about the announcement of the console ports and Callum confirming it will be coming to console along with the full release to PC (ie. it's being worked on now)
please link me the announcement and the confirmation.

Armagan Yavuz, Founder of TaleWorlds Entertainment, said:

Mount & Blade II Bannerlord is having a very successful Early Access period and we are blown away by the interest and support of our community. As we get closer to the official launch, our priority is to make Bannerlord accessible to all gamers, and retail is a big part of that. We are happy to partner with Koch Media and entrust them with this important responsibility, and have full confidence they will help us to serve our gamers in the best possible way.

6acf3777f1a846b2c0f265b7b455984b.gif

Last edited:

Mount & Blade II Bannerlord is having a very successful Early Access period and we are blown away by the interest and support of our community. As we get closer to the official launch, our priority is to make Bannerlord accessible to all gamers, and retail is a big part of that. We are happy to partner with Koch Media and entrust them with this important responsibility, and have full confidence they will help us to serve our gamers in the best possible way.

6acf3777f1a846b2c0f265b7b455984b.gif
By far my favorite quote of theirs so far in 2021, "Mount & Blade II Bannerlord is having a very successful Early Access period and we are blown away by the interest and support of our community."

I would hazard a guess he means the YouTube/Twitch community?

EDIT: Adding the links/screenshots of confirmation as requested

https://wccftech.com/mount-and-blade-ii-bannerlord-is-officially-coming-to-consoles/

V7hm9.jpg
literally making the "full-release" a console release (I.E. they seem to be going full steam ahead to make it console ready, then will release it as full release, but really its just ready for console).

Wow.

Pretty mad at TW.

That article both heavily amused me and pissed me off. Those statements are just so corporate, disingenuous, and disconnected. When Armagan says "we just want to make it so accessible", it's politician-speak for "All I want is to make as much money as possible."

Back
Top Bottom