Poll for version 3

Which of the following would you rather have for version 3? Please read the post below for details.

• Player selects culture at game start which determines player kingdom culture.

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Player gets custom troops for player kingdom.

Votes: 3 33.3%
  • Leave the system as is- I can change my culture using the Diplomacy options

Votes: 3 33.3%
  • Leave the system as is

Votes: 1 11.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Users who are viewing this thread

Redleg

Sergeant Knight at Arms
I am considering two options: Option 1) allow the player to select player culture at start of game.  This culture will determine the culture of the player's kingdom.  Option 2) Create custom troops for the player faction so that when the player becomes king it will default to these custom troops.

With both options, the troops from the villages will still be from the original faction.
Manors built in villages will allow the hiring of faction troops (option 1) or custom troops (option 2).
Towns and castle recruitment will remain the same for the common troops but will change for professional troops.  Option 1 will yield current faction professionals while Option 2 will yield custom troops.  Barracks built in castles/towns will still yield custom troops (as v 2.5).

The Diplomacy culture change options will still be available to the player, although they will still have the same limitations as they have always had.

I've kind of always wanted to be more a "part" of Calradia, I.e. From a culture already present in the game, rather than from outside, so it would be cool to pick a culture from the start and try to play that way. As there is already an option for custom troops (barracks in castle/town), it'd be cool to be able to keep getting your culture's troops in whichever fiefs you own.

Custom troops are always good though.

Roccoflipside said:
I've kind of always wanted to be more a "part" of Calradia, I.e. From a culture already present in the game, rather than from outside, so it would be cool to pick a culture from the start and try to play that way. As there is already an option for custom troops (barracks in castle/town), it'd be cool to be able to keep getting your culture's troops in whichever fiefs you own.

Custom troops are always good though.

Rocco,
Thanks for the input.  Your thoughts seem very similar to mine and that's why I have resisted having the full custom-troops setup for player king.  The nice thing about option 1 is that you can work with any faction you want regardless of your chosen culture.  If I stay with option 1, the custom troops hired from barracks will still be available.

I may be able to combine options 1 and 2.  My new code for choosing default faction should accommodate choosing a "foreign faction" that uses customizable troops.  I won't be able to test this until after the middle of July but I expect it to work and the release date should still be the end of July.

Back
Top Bottom