Poll for a melee only TDM server

Should there be infantry class only tdm servers?

• Yes

Votes: 25 44.6%
  • No

Votes: 24 42.9%
  • Yes, but just without cav and with archers

Votes: 7 12.5%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Thistle

Veteran
Some of us want to be able to fight without being stabbed from behind at high speed and shot at constantly which is impossible in current tdm and we don't seem to have a siege server rn (which would be better but still filled with cav and archers).
Ideally it would be a normal tdm server just with cav and archers turned of so we can actually melee for more than 5 seconds before being shot, also there'd be a melee-only server and a normal one.

Last edited:
making a new, third post won't change the fact that you're wrong
We get it the only class you can play is cav/archer now shush

Mind you if the dev team can't even release a duel mode maybe making a new server with only certain classes will be too complicated for them to handle.

Actually I'd like know how many players this ideal "inf only tdm" would allow?
Personally I think 2v2 would ideal, 3v3 okay and 4v4 would still be plausible, but maybe too much.
If we are talking about full tdm server, well... that thing has been already discussed here

Voted no. It'd be more productive for TaleWorlds to put systems in place that encourage players to pick more balanced team compositions rather than stack specific unit types.

As i've mentioned earlier, infantry players should be able to deal with cavalry decently well as long as you're not playing Sturgia.

If anything, I think Cavalry needs to have some tools in place to further screw over archers. I feel like i should bring up my suggestion for Super Armor again because if horseback melee attacks can't be interrupted by ranged weapons, it'd force archers to either aim for the head or switch to an infantry class with a >184 reach polearm

The same people that vote "no" are the same people that complain about a lack of content for the game. Probably the same people that argue against adding VOIP too.

Why would you ever vote no against having an extra (superior) mode like this unless it's simply for the fact to troll the salty OP?

The same people that vote "no" are the same people that complain about a lack of content for the game. Probably the same people that argue against adding VOIP too.

Why would you ever vote no against having an extra (superior) mode like this unless it's simply for the fact to troll the salty OP?
Because the time spent on a TDM submode could instead be time spent discouraging the spamming of unit types in the main game modes.

Also...
Half the time some random cav noob goes around killing people randomly
If you're playing against Sturgia, expect to see a lot of this because the Raider's one of the few good units in his faction asides from Brigand and Varyag. If we're to keep talking about "random cav noobs that go around killing people randomly", Khuzait's balancing is still not the greatest and I will admit that "die as rabble, spawn as lancer, repeat" is too attractive of a battle tactic when things seem hopeless whenever i'm playing Khuzait.

Because the time spent on a TDM submode could instead be time spent discouraging the spamming of unit types in the main game modes.

Also...

If you're playing against Sturgia, expect to see a lot of this because the Raider's one of the few good units in his faction asides from Brigand and Varyag. If we're to keep talking about "random cav noobs that go around killing people randomly", Khuzait's balancing is still not the greatest and I will admit that "die as rabble, spawn as lancer, repeat" is too attractive of a battle tactic when things seem hopeless whenever i'm playing Khuzait.
Of course they need to spend more time balancing, but no matter what it would still not give the same experience as a melee-only mode. There doesn't seem to be any plans thus far to re-work or balance archery, and no matter what you do to cavalry you will still always have to keep an eye out for their flanks. A melee-only mode would be prime for just having a massive brawl, which in my eyes is where M&B thrives.

You'd hope there's separate people that work on the game-modes compared to balancing but at this point I'm not sure that's true. Regardless, they're working on separating balance between modes which would make it extremely easy to just remove the other classes at very little effort, for a huge benefit for those that would prefer this.

I voted yes, but I'll just say this.

When I get shot in the **** or couched in the butt in TDM, I just learn from my mistake. There are tricks to this, you know. Like watching out for sniping points, not standing in the open, being aware of my surroundings, etc. Something something Miyamoto Musashi something something Sun Tzu.

because there are like 100 ppl playin this dead game at best, splitting the small player base is dumb, the best the people that want to play something other than default gamemodes can do is to spam about release of custom servers, where you can play with such gamemode in 1 click.

because there are like 100 ppl playin this dead game at best, splitting the small player base is dumb, the best the people that want to play something other than default gamemodes can do is to spam about release of custom servers, where you can play with such gamemode in 1 click.
I reckon more people will hop back on when new content such as game-modes are released. I at least know a couple people, myself included, that don't bother playing anymore with the cav and archer spam, especially on TDM.

Custom Servers would fix this but let's be honest, they're probably not coming for a long time.

I reckon more people will hop back on when new content such as game-modes are released. I at least know a couple people, myself included, that don't bother playing anymore with the cav and archer spam, especially on TDM.

Custom Servers would fix this but let's be honest, they're probably not coming for a long time.
Exactly, spot on

Back
Top Bottom