POLL: Eliminate Dragon Banner Quest and install Variable Playthrough Styles?

Eliminate Dragon Banner Quest and install Variable Playthrough Styles?

• I don't care, I like being a merchant and just fighting off bandits...

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

wideeyenow01

Recruit
-What if I want to be a MERCHANT, and gain power through money and eventually buy/own everything?
-What if I want to be a KILLMONGER, and behead the nobles of every faction and seize their property?
-What if I want to be a GOOD KING, and let charisma and wise choices make people want to follow me, and finally have peace?
-What if I want to be a BAD KING, and vassal with a faction, cause a civil war, claim the throne, and imprison the opposing nobles for life?
-What if I want to be a VASSAL, and stay by my kings side and help him to victory?
-What if I want to be a MERCENARY, and let politics alone, go with the flow of who pays more?
-What if I want to be like LITTLEFINGER from game of thrones, and cause everyone to kill one another, so I can fight who's left?
-What if I just wanna keep popping out babies, and eventually everyone is my child?? lol, joke... but still...

If you've asked any of these questions, and are afraid every playthrough winds up being the KILLMONGER option, you know as well as I the Dragon Banner quest needs to go... The quest itself is time sensitive, annoying, and really makes no sense being the fact it's an illegitimate claim to a throne no one respects. Every NOBLE or HOUSE or CLAN in this game got it's power a long time ago by killing the right people, turning the populous against someone else, or buying their way to power. So making your own Kingdom should be just that.

+1.

I think the whole quest/main story line thing is something that wears down a lot of games. That is why I am a big fan of Kenshi. There are no real quests. The world doesn't care about you. You are a nobody. It is up to you to make your own path in the world.

A lot of games could learn from this, but alas, the whole story line/questing mindset is deeply embedded in the gaming development community.

Well story lines do give a game an aspect, and more consequence to more or less choose your path in the midst... Like Skyrim for example, nords vs Empire and Alduin returning and you're a Dragonborn. It makes the world come alive, and gives you reasons to choose what you wanna do...

Now in Bannerlord, I get it, the empire has split among itself, and all other banner lords are vying to rule. So I guess the Dragon Banner is supposed to be your claim to a new empire? But with no blood relation to any noble, and simply lying about the artifact you just made to become king, and some woman to expose you for a liar and to ruin everything you've worked for, is just ridiculous... UNLESS there's a plot twist late game that shows your a bastard child from what's-his-face and her trying to cause a conspiracy brings that up, THEN OK, nice! But the Art of Conquest, and making yourself a noble via deeds or sword, should be at least an option :sad:

What is about main quest? Can someone explain? I only did "speak with 10 guys" yeasterday XD
In order to have the option to make your own kingdom you must complete this quest and then when the quest works there is a whole Total War thing where eventually every faction will declare war on you.

I want my bannerlord to be a pure sandbox with only conquest and renown being the main factors preventing me from making a kingdom. Damn their attempts at trying to make a story game just give us an improved warband.

I want my bannerlord to be a pure sandbox with only conquest and renown being the main factors preventing me from making a kingdom. Damn their attempts at trying to make a story game just give us an improved warband.
Thats why i love moders so much.

"They did not wish tribute or song. No monuments, no poems of war and valour. Their wish was simple: "Enjoy the game," they said to me "

Way to ask guided questions in the poll lol... The quest is totally optional, so I don’t see how it’s restrictive. Unless you’re bothered by the fact that you have a set family in the beginning, I guess. I like it, as it makes the world seem less sterile. The only issue I have with it is how at the moment it’s your only way to start a faction, so I’m hoping that changes.

Way to ask guided questions in the poll lol... The quest is totally optional, so I don’t see how it’s restrictive. Unless you’re bothered by the fact that you have a set family in the beginning, I guess. I like it, as it makes the world seem less sterile. The only issue I have with it is how at the moment it’s your only way to start a faction, so I’m hoping that changes.
the entire dragon banner quest line is the only way to make your kingdom and there is a feature similar to Total War franchise where all factions eventually declare war on you by the games design instead of it being other means. it just restricts 1 game play design and the further hurts you. Talesworld can make the setting but dont force a crappy story onto the players. Modders will make the stories. I just want an updated warband experience.

the entire dragon banner quest line is the only way to make your kingdom and there is a feature similar to Total War franchise where all factions eventually declare war on you by the games design instead of it being other means. it just restricts 1 game play design and the further hurts you. Talesworld can make the setting but dont force a crappy story onto the players. Modders will make the stories. I just want an updated warband experience.

Again, they’ll only all declare war on you if you choose to do the optional main quest line. As I said, the only real I ssue is that you can’t make a kingdom otherwise, though that should be easily implemented.

Regarding the story and modders, look at it from their perspective. Sure, mods are a healthy part of the games community, but if you just build the framework and rely on modders to bring the players you’re just waiting for them to make a stand-alone and take your business. Look at DayZ and PUBG.

Again, they’ll only all declare war on you if you choose to do the optional main quest line. As I said, the only real I ssue is that you can’t make a kingdom otherwise, though that should be easily implemented.

Regarding the story and modders, look at it from their perspective. Sure, mods are a healthy part of the games community, but if you just build the framework and rely on modders to bring the players you’re just waiting for them to make a stand-alone and take your business. Look at DayZ and PUBG.
Arent you required to do that optional quest if you want to create your own kingdom? so the following issues still apply.

Also for story stuff im on the side of Warband was great enough without some over arching story. Why do it now in Bannerlord who are they looking to grab in this niche game. Modders will create their own story and etc through their overhaul mods which long time players will consume and newbies will see and join in through that. Skyrim is an even worse example instead of dayz and pubg people dont buy skyrim to play it vanilla its bought for the mods.

Screw the ingame story and let me play a sandbox without this kind of limitation. Let the story of current events in Bannerlord be explained through some other way.

I've long felt there should be two options:

1. Main quest lets you create kingdom at tier 3
2. Sandbox play lets you create kingdom at tier 4 or 5

So the MQ is not mandatory, but a shortcut -- the dragon banner provides a tiny bit of extra legitimacy (though not a terrible lot, you have a fake claim) but if you don't have it, you need to get a bit more renown before you can try to claim the throne -- maybe through a Warband-esque system of reputation and spreading word?

Alternatively, they need to 100% add internal politics and let you take over factions through marriage or elections or plain scheming.

I hate the idea to force kingdom creation through a quest that ends in everyone against you. Horrible.

I think you could create your own story if the game had way way more dialogues and quests so it didn't feel repetitive, to a certain point at least.

I don't think it's intended for the main quest to be the only way to create a kingdom, but I imagine the old warband methods won't be available until diplomacy is in. I prefer the sandbox style myself but I also think it's silly to demand the removal of a feature just because others aren't implemented yet. It's early days here folks.

You are forced and guided in game, so that's the point.. :wink:

If you want the game to keep going.... You MUST have a good noble relation to marry...(children/dynasty)
If you want to own settlements properly... You MUST make your own kingdom...(ruler perks, increased army, policies)
If you want to make a Kingdom... You MUST do it fast, and agree to cause war that never ends, unless you execute Lords...
If you want to execute Lords... You MUST ruin the game...
If you want to eliminate a single faction and take what they own... You MUST watch as all settlements are gifted to another Faction...
If you want the wars to end... You MUST execute everyone...

I don't know if you've noticed, but you are literally forced to go one way about things, and it turns into trash in the end. If you don't want your game to end at some point you have to marry a noble early on. Even if you vassal with another faction, there will the day where your faction gets completely crushed, all lords leave, and it's just you and the ruler. And your stuck constantly fighting the same battles over and over, same sieges over and over, to no avail because the ruler will eventually stop crowning you the castle or town, and keep it for himself so he can gain the money to hire mercenaries accordingly. If you don't execute everyone you fight, you constantly fight them, never-endingly. AND when you do execute them, the ruler just makes more enemies with other factions, and it never ends until everyone is dead...

True, there may be the one exception where the Lord you vassaled with, does a great playstyle, and you literally are not what hinges on their victory status... In 4 playthroughs, I've never seen that be the case, it seems as whoever you choose always loses battles, and always loses vassals...

I love the game... BUT after watching 2 Factions I eliminated gift all of their settlements to another Faction? It burnt me out... True, If I execute everyone I eventually should be the only one left to inherit everything... BUT not only do I see one of the mercenaries stuck on the side of a cliff, near rehsose, so I know eventually he will own everything before me... BUT I know the way the game forces you to play, is I have to Longly and Tiringly take every single settlement by hand, one by one... AND knowing what has to be done, recognizing the time frame involved, and understanding all the bullsh*t, just makes it all not worth it and gives the game an official "GARBAGE" title and award...

IF YOU ARE ABLE TO CHOOSE THEY WAY YOU WANT TO PLAY THE GAME, then there wouldn't be a problem... Killing off a faction would grant you their settlements... And if there wasn't a Dragon Banner Quest line, you could create your own kingdom peacefully, or at least diplomatically.
However you'll argue that you can, you can talk nobles into following you... tried that... they leave soon after... And you can't persuade a leader of a faction to do anything, so there's always that...
I don't understand why there is LIMITATIONS in an OPEN WORLD / SANDBOX game... Not one damn sense made from any of it............

I don't think it's intended for the main quest to be the only way to create a kingdom, but I imagine the old warband methods won't be available until diplomacy is in. I prefer the sandbox style myself but I also think it's silly to demand the removal of a feature just because others aren't implemented yet. It's early days here folks.
No I totally get ya... Early Access, things will change... Well in Early Access the main playstyle of the game, the core code, should already be in there... And if the core code doesn't allow you to inherit what you kill, then it's just so stupid... This should be a Medieval War game, and law was back then, you kill it you own it. True there was rebellions, and more acts of war to follow, but that's not in the game...

And true, maybe that is what they are going to do... But we all understand our playthroughs and saves now are useless...

So why not allow, in early access, the fact you CAN win stuff besides loot? i.e. settlements

Yes, I loved Warband, played it on Xbox and it was in the top 5 games best games I own... The biggest problems with it, was your list of party kept resetting to the top every single action, so slamming on the D-pad right, down, down, down, etc... Became extremely annoying... And there was no Mod support to fix some or any of the issues the game had, that you needed to work around carefully...

AND IN WARBAND I HAD THE OPTION TO HOLD ONTO MY LORD PRISONER, true he may of escaped, but high garrison in a castle seemed to hold them indefinitely... GORGEOUS idea! wtf happened to it???

i finished the main quest and it was hard
now im at the point of peace because my kingdom become to fat and noone declares war on me

but that is not the way i wanted to go

i want to create my kingdom and play slowly with micromanagenent.

making money and building elite army and try to get some more fiefs.

the mainquest push you in a position were you have no choice
you have to fight them all
eliminating imperium and making peace with all others till you are big enough.

if you want a kingdom you have to go the hard stressed way
that is very sad

my wish is that you can build your kingdom and decide yourself how fast you beat imperium
or better let imperium be if there are only 4 other factions is a bit lame

i dont need that integrant istiana

there are better ways to create content

+1.

I think the whole quest/main story line thing is something that wears down a lot of games. That is why I am a big fan of Kenshi. There are no real quests. The world doesn't care about you. You are a nobody. It is up to you to make your own path in the world.

A lot of games could learn from this, but alas, the whole story line/questing mindset is deeply embedded in the gaming development community.

I so agree concerning Kenshi.

Back
Top Bottom