POLL: Elected Fan Representatives in the TW Forums?

Would you like to be able to vote for fan representatives to articulate our interests to TW?

• YES: We should have elections for fan reps across the board

Votes: 9 10.3%
  • YES: We should have separate elections for different modules or areas of interest

Votes: 7 8.0%
  • NO: We should have TW-sponsored polls about dev priorities, but no fan reps

Votes: 26 29.9%
  • NO: Fan polls are a dumb idea entirely and they shouldn't be an influence on development at all

Votes: 26 29.9%
  • DON'T CARE: I've already given up on TW entirely

Votes: 11 12.6%
  • TURTLES: I like turtles

Votes: 6 6.9%
  • TURTLES: For some sick, depraved reason I have no love for turtles in my icy, desiccated heart

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • OTHER: Specify in reply

Votes: 1 1.1%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

bonerstorm

Genghis Khan't
Sergeant
@mexxico made a very impassioned response to the "Bannerlord was a grift" thread in which he argued that TaleWorlds is NOT grifting us in BL's development, but conceded that there are structural issues with TW's communication strategy.

I suggested that the current ad-hoc approach to considering suggestions doesn't seem to be working and that @Dejan could take advantage of polls to be able to deliver a better sense of what the community wants prioritized.

Then I had a completely insane idea: what if TW held regular elections through timed polls in the forums for a limited number of us to be recognized as authoritative voices of the community? Maybe quarterly?

That way we all - TW AND fans - could have confidence that productive conversations are happening without digging through a maze of forum posts, which are often plagued by fog-of-war rumor-milling and arbitrary opinions without a basis in fact.

Those who want realism-oriented changes in the mass combat mechanics could vote for @Terco_Viejo or @Philozoraptor ... whitepilled fans who want active players with detailed feedback to be in the mix could vote for @Apocal or @AnandaShanti ... redpills who want sweeping changes in the design philosophy could vote for @Aurex or @vonbalt or @Kentucky 『 HEIGUI 』 James or @Bloc ... blackpills who just want to watch the world burn could vote for @danEN or @MadVader ...

The best part is that we'd finally end the pointless discussions about what "the majority of the fans want" - since everybody who's invested in Bannerlord's future will have to put up or shut up, with no further ambiguity.

EDIT: Note that I'm totally ignorant of the MP-side of the forums and have only been back regularly for the past couple months, so please don't get insulted if I missed out on obvious heavyweights. I was just listing people I've seen who are still active recently in threads I've paid attention to.

Also one thing I want to be considered is - if fan reps are a good idea - whether it makes sense to have different fan reps for the MP & SP communities as well as reps for discrete communities like RPG or military history or esport fans.

Last edited:
Don't know what this would add to the community or the devs instead of more forum drama overtime, better communication and even some official pools from time to time to see the mood around here about future features and roadmap would be enough to me.

Don't know what this would add to the community or the devs instead of more forum drama overtime, better communication and even some official pools from time to time to see the mood around here about future features and roadmap would be enough to me.
Yeah, its not gonna happen and it does'nt bring anything to this forum excepts it inflates someone else ego.

@bonerstorm I think you've missed something from Mexxico's message which is important. It's not that the community is failing to be heard, its the fact that the person making the final decisions isn't spending enough time considering these suggestions and their vision of the game is simply different then what a lot of us want. No one can change that, even the devs themselves, so I don't think having community representatives will do anything (no offense to anyone suggested).

Now that's not to say that the devs that are here aren't taking suggestions and implementing them, thats just false. Mex, duh, and MRay have implemented a huge amount of community feedback. Dejan has taken several suggestions forward and gotten them past what I will now refer to as the "great filter". Unfortunately many community favorite suggestions have not made it past the great filter, but to give Dejan even more credit, just because it has been rejected once doesn't mean he doesn't take it back if it keeps showing up.

Regardless it would still be better if the "great filter" would come look at these suggestions more indepth before fully rejecting them. That's really the only solution to the current community issues, we just want explanations on why things are rejected, most the time it is understandable. But only the "great filter" knows the reasons. I don't think there are any solutions to this one

I voted for "NO: We should have TW-sponsored polls about dev priorities, but no fan reps", although im not convinced this would do anything unless the idea is already past the "great filter" and they are just gathering more data on what the community wants for it.

Last edited:
I just want an official response to :

"Why should we the diehard long term fans and customers of the M&B series have to concede development and features to accommodate Consoles and STILL have to pay a full premium price? We are in a very real sense taking a loss while subsidizing Taleworlds profits by expanding in to Console realm"

How to turn your forums into an echo chamber 101.
+1
+1
Yeah, its not gonna happen and it does'nt bring anything to this forum excepts it inflates someone else ego.
+1

@mexxico made a very impassioned response to the "Bannerlord was a grift" thread in which he argued that TaleWorlds is NOT grifting us in BL's development, but conceded that there are structural issues with TW's communication strategy.

I suggested that the current ad-hoc approach to considering suggestions doesn't seem to be working and that @Dejan could take advantage of polls to be able to deliver a better sense of what the community wants prioritized.

Then I had a completely insane idea: what if TW held regular elections through timed polls in the forums for a limited number of us to be recognized as authoritative voices of the community? Maybe quarterly?

That way we all - TW AND fans - could have confidence that productive conversations are happening without digging through a maze of forum posts, which are often plagued by fog-of-war rumor-milling and arbitrary opinions without a basis in fact.

Those who want realism-oriented changes in the mass combat mechanics could vote for @Terco_Viejo or @Philozoraptor ... whitepilled fans who want active players with detailed feedback to be in the mix could vote for @Apocal or @AnandaShanti ... redpills who want sweeping changes in the design philosophy could vote for @Aurex or @vonbalt or @Kentucky 『 HEIGUI 』 James or @Bloc ... blackpills who just want to watch the world burn could vote for @danEN or @MadVader ...

The best part is that we'd finally end the pointless discussions about what "the majority of the fans want" - since everybody who's invested in Bannerlord's future will have to put up or shut up, with no further ambiguity.

EDIT: Note that I'm totally ignorant of the MP-side of the forums and have only been back regularly for the past couple months, so please don't get insulted if I missed out on obvious heavyweights. I was just listing people I've seen who are still active recently in threads I've paid attention to.

Also one thing I want to be considered is - if fan reps are a good idea - whether it makes sense to have different fan reps for the MP & SP communities as well as reps for discrete communities like RPG or military history or esport fans.
Bro some asked to be able to marry their brother/sister...
Are we trusting in their abilities to represent us?

According to ancient law and custom of Taleworlds I should be Fan Representative

If I were Representative I would deal with all users fairly and uphold the rights of players

If I were Representative I would uphold your ancient mod as a player of this game

Because I can unify Taleworlds in a single Discord Chat

Because I will reward you......soon

Never mind

The fan representative idea is a good idea but probably won't work that well. Personal characters will have too much of an influence.

Personally, I think a better idea for how the community should get their points across is to do what happened with the letter. Gather a group of prominent people and form a letter detailing the exact issue the solution that you want seen.

My point is that TW seems incapable of basic communication in forum posts and I would trust - for instance - you a lot more than any TW rep to ask for stuff than I care about and report back in detail about those conversations. You're certainly more transparent and active than any TW rep.

There's a fundamental disconnect here between what the fans want and what actually happens in design. It's been that way for over a year and I don't see it changing. Something about the dynamic has to change and having specific people who the community says have correct opinions would certainly qualify as a game-changer - nobody on the TW team would be able to dismiss their input as easily.

Right now we've basically got mexxico and that's it. Something's gotta replace him when he's gone.
How to turn your forums into an echo chamber 101.
This forum is already an echo chamber, as are the Reddit and Steam communities - with the same arbitrary or well-thought takes being recycled ad nauseum forever. People have been saying the same crap about "We need Siege AI" or "More RP stuff" or "Just let the devs work" etc. for over a year and nothing has really been accomplished.

Deputizing community members as avatars of our respective echo chambers would at least mean that TW would listen to ANY of what we're saying as a group, which is better than the status quo of taking Suggestions posts on a case-by-case basis absent context.
I voted for "NO: We should have TW-sponsored polls about dev priorities, but no fan reps", although im not convinced this would do anything unless the idea is already past the "great filter" and they are just gathering more data on what the community wants for it.
Fair. I also don't seriously believe that TW will ever un-suck their "great filter" design process, but it's worth making the pitch at least. At a minimum, factoring more hard numbers on the intensity of community feedback should help with @Dejan 's sales pitch.
Bro some asked to be able to marry their brother/sister...
Are we trusting in their abilities to represent us?
You could say the same thing about every democracy. Some people make stupid decisions =/= all people should not be allowed to make any decisions.

It's practically a foregone conclusion that the winners of any poll would ask for the same stuff we've been asking for for a year: fixed siege AI and leveling and armor etc. The only difference is that TW might actually care what they say, because it's been too easy for them to dismiss the raging torrent of consistent complaints from over a year when opinions have been scattered rather than concentrated.

Last edited:
Hey man, I think you are just trying too hard. Give it a little bit of a rest. TW seems to be producing good content lately. I recommend just enjoying the ride. I know you want to make a difference, or at least empower "us" to make it, but we really, nor you, need to do it so forcefully as this idea. Let it be organic.

This forum is already an echo chamber, as are the Reddit and Steam communities - with the same arbitrary or well-thought takes being recycled ad nauseum forever. People have been saying the same crap about "We need Siege AI" or "More RP stuff" or "Just let the devs work" etc. for over a year and nothing has really been accomplished.
I am not talking about a forum wide echo chamber, i am talking literally a single person echo chamber.

I am not talking about a forum wide echo chamber, i am talking literally a single person echo chamber.
So you make it a Top 5 election or something... also maybe different reps for different forums.

I never suggested anyone should be elected President of TaleWorlds forums. That would indeed be pretty dumb. I want representatives from different factions of the community to have their voices heard - rather than the status quo where we all bicker in the darkness of threads that no decision-maker at TW reads.

Hey man, I think you are just trying too hard. Give it a little bit of a rest. TW seems to be producing good content lately. I recommend just enjoying the ride. I know you want to make a difference, or at least empower "us" to make it, but we really, nor you, need to do it so forcefully as this idea. Let it be organic.
LOL they just dropped a new beta in the context of a fan revolt. Historically, this is when they disappear for another couple months while ignoring almost all fan feedback.

If you believe that they're going to keep up the good work if we all take a chill pill, then you have a lot more optimism than me or (I'd wager) most fans here.

I'm not sure about that honestly... but do you know how we could figure out for sure? If TW sponsored polls that people paid attention to.

My point is that TW seems incapable of basic communication in forum posts and I would trust - for instance - you a lot more than any TW rep to ask for stuff than I care about and report back in detail about those conversations. You're certainly more transparent and active than any TW rep.

There's a fundamental disconnect here between what the fans want and what actually happens in design. It's been that way for over a year and I don't see it changing. Something about the dynamic has to change and having specific people who the community says have correct opinions would certainly qualify as a game-changer - nobody on the TW team would be able to dismiss their input as easily.
I get you completely but really don't think this is the way forward and TW seem to have already started to improve their communication with us since the last patch or two.

More than that would depend on Armagan himself and we know he vanished from the forums since the closed beta, Mexxico himself said he didn't know why Armagan chosed this but it may be due to lots of factors like too many work on his hands instead of delegating or maybe he just lost the "passion" to engage with the fanbase and get direct feedback etc who knows but the man himself right?

The devs posting here from time to time are already our best bet at communicating with TW, another layer of elected forummites wouldn't add anything to it but the potential for more drama in the future, just my opinion of course.

Vote for me. I'll make Mount&Blade great again. I'll build the wall(of pikes) to keep the alien cavalry away. Trust me, I'm the best candidate, maybe ever. Please ignore the rumors that I talked about grabbing infantry by the codpiece.

It seems that fundamentally, the brass wants Bannerlord to be a war simulator, while we forumites seem to want more focus on roleplaying and management (outside of the couple war things we've been crowing about for a while like spear combat vs cav). Until those two visions come together, the "great filter" is gonna stay.

I get you completely but really don't think this is the way forward and TW seem to have already started to improve their communication with us since the last patch or two.
Perhaps a little optimistic?
The devs posting here from time to time are already our best bet at communicating with TW
If what I've been seeing in the past 2 months is indicative of TW on good behavior, then I'm ready to an hero by blackpill overdose right now. This isn't acceptable situation and - if it's the best I've got to look forward to - then I'm definitely out.
Vote for me. I'll make Mount&Blade great again. I'll build the wall(of pikes) to keep the alien cavalry away. Trust me, I'm the best candidate, maybe ever. Please ignore the rumors that I talked about grabbing infantry by the codpiece.
200.gif

Yeah because Democracy definitely worked for the Weimar Republic, right guys
CHANGE OF PLANS GUYS:

Please crown me as your ruler of the Holy TaleWorldsian Empire.

Back
Top Bottom