[Poll] Do you think it is too late for Taleworlds to redo the class system?

Do you think Taleworlds has enough time to save multiplayer and redo the class system for Native?

• Yes. They could start from scratch now and release a system that players would be happy with.

• No. We are too far in development to make changes that would bring back the playerbase.

• Not for native. They should make a MP focused DLC (ex: NW) That addresses the problems with MP.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Users who are viewing this thread

^^^ Agreed. I feel like as if battle mode and custom servers are added the community will grow. Not everyone is into the competetive aspect, and the fact that the only people that play competetively/multiplayer are the OLD people, doesnt really give a open arms hug for the younger player, which is EXACTLY what the game needs. Just like how warband is, they need to focus on catering the game to the younger generation/players.

Last edited:
The only situation you would even consider making the game free to play, is after custom servers are out, major mods such as Kingdoms, Full invasion 3, cRPG, ... are released and if then, which i doubt will happen, the population is dead, you can make it free to play maybe.

Native is f* beyond understanding. Looking at the population, i am sure there will be plenty of people who will take action upon those flaws and make a better native.

I also am all for a loadout system managed from the armoury(it has no prupose as is), if the old warband system is "outdated" or whatever is the reason they dropped it then the loadout system has proven to be plenty successful in modern titles. Also why is everyone acting like this will be a huge undertaking? I understand combat changes and new gamemodes, but changing the class system really doesn't seem like that much effort, I thought we established that the reason they won't change it is that they are stubborn.

Also why is everyone acting like this will be a huge undertaking? I understand combat changes and new gamemodes, but changing the class system really doesn't seem like that much effort, I thought we established that the reason they won't change it is that they are stubborn.
I don't like a game that has to rely on a community to fix the base game. Warband had 0 mods with this except for NeoGK which added some interesting mechanics and siege stuff but people didn't consider it to be the superior native experience. The base game without neoGK was still played by a majority of the community.

Imagine bannerlord where not only the combat would change, but something as "easy" as changing the class system. If a mod blows the game base class system out of the water, it will be done for the base native.

People people WILL call it the superior native.

^^^ Agreed. I feel like as if battle mode and custom servers are added the community will grow. Not everyone is into the competetive aspect, and the fact that the only people that play competetively/multiplayer are the OLD people, doesnt really give a open arms hug for the younger player, which is EXACTLY what the game needs. Just like how warband is, they need to focus on catering the game to the younger generation/players.
New players will struggle to get into the game because there learning curve is insane and the game doesnt teach you anything.
In alpha, veterans slapped the devs. In beta, the alpha players slapped the beta players. In early access, beta players slapped the early access players. With a limited amount of players and a lack of skillbased matchmaking, the new players were forced to play against the best players the game has on a regular basis, got frustrated and left.

If by magic 50 000 players started playing the game in multiplayer, across all regions and gamemodes, it wouldnt take long for the same thing to happen again. We still dont have tutorials for how they can improve, and still no skillbased matchmaking.

Battle mode will most likely not be the battle we know from Warband, since skirmish is meant to be the replacement. I assume it'll be used as the "Event gamemode" so people can do shield battles etc, but not the new gamemode for competitive. I dont envy them at this point... making a single life gamemode with the current equipment/class system is gonna be a nightmare.
Best case scenario, skirmish and battle will split the already miniscule playerbase and both modes will be empty.

I don't like a game that has to rely on a community to fix the base game. Warband had 0 mods with this except for NeoGK which added some interesting mechanics and siege stuff but people didn't consider it to be the superior native experience. The base game without neoGK was still played by a majority of the community.

Imagine bannerlord where not only the combat would change, but something as "easy" as changing the class system. If a mod blows the game base class system out of the water, it will be done for the base native.

I find it highly likely that a mod with an improved class system will be there to take over. Undoubtedly modders will make that happen in a matter of a few weeks/months.

The other thing you have to think about: Look how slow Taleworlds is with their balancing, we've been stuck in a throwing weapon meta for nearly half a year now. A modding team would be far more pro-active (Just look at Bannerlord Online).

New players will struggle to get into the game because there learning curve is insane and the game doesnt teach you anything.
In alpha, veterans slapped the devs. In beta, the alpha players slapped the beta players. In early access, beta players slapped the early access players. With a limited amount of players and a lack of skillbased matchmaking, the new players were forced to play against the best players the game has on a regular basis, got frustrated and left.

If by magic 50 000 players started playing the game in multiplayer, across all regions and gamemodes, it wouldnt take long for the same thing to happen again. We still dont have tutorials for how they can improve, and still no skillbased matchmaking.

This is also because everybody was forcibly stuffed into the same small fishbowl.

Warband had a cornucopia of servers available for players of all skill levels and experience. On any given evening, there'd be a half dozen or more battle servers popping off, plus scores of siege, TDM, Deathmatch, and duel servers -this is all on just native Warband mind you, we're not even counting the mp mods.

The community was allowed to spread out and play where they were comfortable with. If you wanted to play super sweaty, there were plenty of battle servers for that, and if you wanted a more laid back experience, that was certainly available to you as well.

That's not the case in Bannerlord however. Due to the lack of private server hosting, and the inexplicable decision of having so few official Taleworlds servers, it created a scenario where both highly skilled players and complete newbies were locked in the same small cage together -with results as predictable as you would expect; the strong and battle-hardened feasted on the new and inexperienced. It was a one-sided massacre.

This demonstrates the need for private servers. The (relatively small) number of official servers were unable to distribute the playerbase in an even and fair way, and the result was a brutal punishing environment which discouraged new players from sticking with the game. If Taleworlds goes forth with a Phase 2 reconstruction of Bannerlord, I hope they learn from the mistakes of the past and make sure adequate servers are in place when the game releases. .

I mean releasing the game with matchmaking but no way to discern players by skill was an absolute abomination.

Then releasing the rating system 3 months later when there wasn't even enough players left for it to properly work... just tragic.

I also am all for a loadout system managed from the armoury(it has no prupose as is), if the old warband system is "outdated" or whatever is the reason they dropped it then the loadout system has proven to be plenty successful in modern titles. Also why is everyone acting like this will be a huge undertaking? I understand combat changes and new gamemodes, but changing the class system really doesn't seem like that much effort, I thought we established that the reason they won't change it is that they are stubborn.
its viewed as a huge undertaking because all Taleworlds has intentionally added to multiplayer in 15 months is the clan system and about 6 maps.

its viewed as a huge undertaking because all Taleworlds has intentionally added to multiplayer in 15 months is the clan system and about 6 maps.
Yeah I think the last reskin of units was back in Beta, and usually their combat "fixes" works to screw something else up. Remember when crushthrough was broken for 3-4 months despite the community bringing notice to the issue the week of release.

Yeah I think the last reskin of units was back in Beta, and usually their combat "fixes" works to screw something else up. Remember when crushthrough was broken for 3-4 months despite the community bringing notice to the issue the week of release.
I forgot pike bracing and a new shield for Battanian Wildling (which is worse at being a shield than the one they had)

I guess the vlandian 2hander unit got a swobo option? But no spear so it still isnt medium inf.

doesnt do much to change my posts original sentiment does it

I think they just need to re work the loadout system keep the class but give infantry 5 different class type. Peasant, footman, javi (throwers), 2 handers, heavy. Then 2 archer class , 2 Calvary class

Back
Top Bottom