[Poll] Do you think it is too late for Taleworlds to redo the class system?

Do you think Taleworlds has enough time to save multiplayer and redo the class system for Native?

• Yes. They could start from scratch now and release a system that players would be happy with.

• No. We are too far in development to make changes that would bring back the playerbase.

• Not for native. They should make a MP focused DLC (ex: NW) That addresses the problems with MP.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Users who are viewing this thread

4 weapons you'll throw away, after buying a horse, armor, and if the game is even somewhat balanced, you might be able to afford some light javelins, definitly not 4 throwing spears.

Please play competitive against me xD

It doesn't need to be redone, it just needs tweaking. Currently there are 2 customisation slots available for each class, change it so that each class has 4 customisation slots; weapon, weapon, armour. Make some of the weapons/armours cost more. That way you basically have Warband's system without having to abandon the class system, which would take a lot of development time.

It doesn't need to be redone, it just needs tweaking. Currently there are 2 customisation slots available for each class, change it so that each class has 4 customisation slots; weapon, weapon, armour. Make some of the weapons/armours cost more. That way you basically have Warband's system without having to abandon the class system, which would take a lot of development time.
No it doesn't.

Perks don't use gold in bannerlord, they are free. This only is such a big difference that it is absolutely stupid to even say they look alike

I have to agree with @Younes it won’t be a game changer and barely has any effect. Warbands loadout system was all about customisation while we got only Limitation in BL. Thinking in classes is absurd anyway imo. Get rid of the classes and let players in the current match adapt and balance the battlefield. Having a selection of tier 1-3 (or even higher/expensive) armour, weapons and even horses will be a lot more attractive and also more fun to play with and against.

I don't know if they would change from the class system. Code is a mess, they change the font and the FPS drops. They try introducing voice chat or do something to audio and we get ear raped. At that point If they remove the class system, they will probably have a side effect of the game giving player's seizures. Code is a mess ?. You never know lmao.

If they start from scratch expect another 5 years of EA development.

Come to think of it, I sure will enjoy being a Sturgian dude carrying 4 throwing spears on horseback.

I agree! I want to be able to do this x 4! :lol:

a751cd430e78e4ae4bd15c267cc5a481.gif

I actually don't mind the class system too much, just its implementation. I like having discreet inf, archer and cav classes. Sadly they have tried to make all classes blend together instead of balancing by gold cost. Going heavy inf over light inf is worthless these days. All the classes cost (almost) the same and you have units like recruits that straight out beat legionaires.

Taleworld needs consistent feedback, and they actually need to hear them. If they had to redo the systems again more cost would be needed, and theres even the uncertainty if players are ever going to come back. I would say redo it completely (because this current stage, MP is dead). Maybe redo the current combat system in place and remove the class system entirely and implementing a system where we get the ability to customize our character. This would require people to actually retest the game and hence another beta program.

Now in terms of the combat system which many people complain due to it being very slow, is this what they actually wanted or is it a unwanted side product (?). Possibly trying to set the skill gap very low.

I think the main problem might be budget constraint and inadequate funding allocation. Because it doesn't bring any incentive to them allocating resources to MP if its dead. And the inconsistency of what they want versus what we want.

Last edited:
Warband 2.0 is probably the only long-term viable solution for a healthy native multiplayer.

Taleworlds tested the waters with Bannerlord's current mp design; they deviated from Warband's successful formula and tried to create something radically different, and unfortunately it didn't succeed. From an objective standpoint, Bannerlord multiplayer has failed. That said, Taleworlds has plenty of time and resources ($ from Bannerlord's EA sales) to right the ship and create a successful multiplayer that builds off the blueprint of Warband, all they need is the commitment and resolute mindset to push forward with a reconstruction of the game.

"Failure isn't fatal, but the failure to change might be."

What I would do if I was in charge of making multiplayer "popular" again.
  • Multiplayer becomes a FREE TO PLAY standalone from the singleplayer. This would immediately boost the population, and advertises the singleplayer.
  • You have 3 currencies. "Gold, EXP Points, TWGold".
  • Gold would purchases equipment. This equipment can be saved as "loadouts" in the armoury.
  • EXP Points would be invested into attributes. You would have several characters to choose and customize.
  • TWGold would be "purchasable" ingame currency that would buy cosmetics, extra slots, etc. things that are NOT giving a steep ingame advantage.
  • Everyone would have the same amount of Gold/EXP Points when creating loadouts/characters. Balance of items/stats would be much more precise.
  • Matchmaking is now RANKED ONLY. The modes you could queue for would be 1v1 duels, 2v2 swobos and 6v6 skirmish.
  • Loading into a game would have your "characters" on the left, "loadouts" on the right. You can mix and match as you like. Every respawn would bring up the same screen.
  • At any point in a game you can edit your loadouts. Characters can only be edited in the armoury.
  • If this is confusing for new players there would always be default loadouts/characters combos they can choose that are familiar to anyone, e.g. Sturgian Huskarl, Vlandian Knight, Battanian Fiann, etc.
  • Custom server game modes would have Battle, Captain, Deathmatch, Siege, and combinations like Siege Battle, Siege Captain, etc.
  • Proximity voice chat implemented and disabled by default but able to be turned on in options, polls available on custom servers, report system for matchmaking.
  • Seamless mod support, steam workshop integration allowing you to click on a server hosting a mod and your steam automatically downloads said mod for you before joining the server.

What I would do if I was in charge of making multiplayer "popular" again.
  • Multiplayer becomes a FREE TO PLAY standalone from the singleplayer. This would immediately boost the population, and advertises the singleplayer.
  • You have 3 currencies. "Gold, EXP Points, TWGold".
  • Gold would purchases equipment. This equipment can be saved as "loadouts" in the armoury.
  • EXP Points would be invested into attributes. You would have several characters to choose and customize.
  • TWGold would be "purchasable" ingame currency that would buy cosmetics, extra slots, etc. things that are NOT giving a steep ingame advantage.
  • Everyone would have the same amount of Gold/EXP Points when creating loadouts/characters. Balance of items/stats would be much more precise.
  • Matchmaking is now RANKED ONLY. The modes you could queue for would be 1v1 duels, 2v2 swobos and 6v6 skirmish.
  • Loading into a game would have your "characters" on the left, "loadouts" on the right. You can mix and match as you like. Every respawn would bring up the same screen.
  • At any point in a game you can edit your loadouts. Characters can only be edited in the armoury.
  • If this is confusing for new players there would always be default loadouts/characters combos they can choose that are familiar to anyone, e.g. Sturgian Huskarl, Vlandian Knight, Battanian Fiann, etc.
  • Custom server game modes would have Battle, Captain, Deathmatch, Siege, and combinations like Siege Battle, Siege Captain, etc.
  • Proximity voice chat implemented and disabled by default but able to be turned on in options, polls available on custom servers, report system for matchmaking.
  • Seamless mod support, steam workshop integration allowing you to click on a server hosting a mod and your steam automatically downloads said mod for you before joining the server.
Mount&Blade Bannerlord MP free? That's never happening
Your suggestions are nice and are aiming to make the game just like Mercenaries.
However, if we have to speak from a realistic point of view. TW must release battle mode + battle mode clan matches through the clan system, add ranked matchmaking(with ranks),Host E-sports tournaments 5-6 times a year with small prizen pool like 1200 euro for example and discount the game to 20 euros to bring many new players.
Having E-Sports scene with money on the line and twitch streams will attract all the teams from Warband who are still hesitating to move to Bannerlord due to the state of the game.Also perhaps speaking to your CEO to assign more people to work on the MP will help you polish the game to a finished product quicker.
@AVRC @NIN3

Last edited:
Mount&Blade Bannerlord MP free? That's never happening
Your suggestions are nice and are aiming to make the game just like Mercenaries.
However, if we have to speak from a realistic point of view. TW must release battle mode + battle mode clan matches through the clan system, add ranked matchmaking(with ranks),Host E-sports tournaments 5-6 times a year with small prizen pool like 1200 euro for example and discount the game to 20 euros to bring many new players.
Having E-Sports scene with money on the line and twitch streams will attract all the teams from Warband who are still hesitating to move to Bannerlord due to the state of the game.Also perhaps speaking to your CEO to assign more people to work on the MP will help you polish the game to a finished product quicker.
@AVRC @NIN3
At this point all they need to do is release Battle mode and custom servers and the community will grow by itself. We have been waiting for that, atleast I have, for 2 years as of September. They made a huge mistake designing the class system the way they did and now its like TWs knows they ****ed up and just tries to bury their screw up by ignoring it and the people who want to see it improve.

Back
Top Bottom