POLL: DLCs from Taleworlds

Do you plan on buying DLCs for Bannerlord?

• Yes

Votes: 55 29.3%
  • No

Votes: 87 46.3%
  • Only if there are discounts/promotions

Votes: 21 11.2%
  • Other

Votes: 25 13.3%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

I picked other as in, I will only get one if they're free. Otherwise I don't care about the dlcs in this dull game

Depends on what it is really.
If it's just an expansion to the base game probably not, for one it's TW empty promises for days second I just wouldn't see it as worth it, it's a stance I have taken in some of paradox DLCs unless its like super major additions which I doubt, I would not go if it's just a bit of flavour using PDX as an example again we have the Third Rome flavour pack too much cost little flavour, if it was something akin to Viking Conquest, That's something I'd buy. In conclusion really it's a topic to be discussed but the game isn't fully out yet mostly depends on the idea and the execution.

Depends on what they are.
^This.

And also it depends on how the stable base game turns out. If I have to play with 20 mods to get the kinds of features I want in the game anyways, then I might not have much interest in DLC by that point.

If the base game is too barebones but they make DLC to add good features I wanted, I'll feel conflicted. I hard to say now. I'd rather they just buff up the base game for free, but a DLC option is better then nothing.

If it's full conversion type DLC (like VC), it needs to be high quality and bring fresh gameplay (like VC) stuff to the game. It cannot just be the same set up with a fresh coat of paint.

Let us start reading from tea leaves...

DLC # 1: 7.99E "Blood and Gore" (Self-explanatory, historical DLC bar raised high by the competition, no blood can be spoiled freely, extra decapitation scenes for all who buy it on the first day of sales)
DLC # 2: 4.99E "Sail and Paddle" (Two extra items you can decorate your castle hall with that will bring marine and lofty feeling to your cozy HQ... you didn't think of boats, did you ?)
DLC # 3: 15.99E "Unholy invasion" (This one is going to be big. Robbers and bandits have discovered cloning machines and are now swarming Calradia erupting from its very holes... Can you stop them? Are you up to the challenge? Additional achievement: "Once upon a bug")

For me no. Finish the damn current product.

Why would you even contemplate handing out more money at this point?

So far development has shown us that they can't provide even 50% of what they advertised for this product. What makes anyone imagine a DLC will improve things? It will just introduce more problems.

Sorry Taleworlds. But unless Bannerlord becomes what you advertised it as. You won't be seeing a penny from me for any DLC.
And so far you are FAR off.

As long as they add something substantial that wasn't already shown in devblogs, ie something that should have been included into the base game, then yeah I will consider it.

Assuming I still play Bannerlord at that point. I find myself less and less interested in this game as TW is constantly disappointing me, lately with the whole internal keyword modding fiasco.

All I want is to be able to play Prophesy of Pendor on Bannerlord :sad:

Looking at the state of Bannerlord and what the game will be when it is released, i'm not going to buy anything TW related anymore unless they change their developement direction. (which they won't)

Hypothetically,
TW releases BL totally ironed out of bugs, all demanded features mentioned in dev blogs and from previous installments are implemented, all locations are unique.
They also release a statement why the development of BL has been so bumpy, just because I'm curious.
DLC is a total overhaul of map, in a different time line with different mechanics and actually developed by TW, not by modders.
It's max 25 Euro.
Another pandemic kicks off.
Then I may consider.

All I want is to be able to play Prophesy of Pendor on Bannerlord :sad:
I don't think that will happen, and it won't be Taleworlds' fault. I hope for better original full conversion mods that would build upon the gameplay of old classics such as PoP, but also other mods that did well.

I don't think that will happen, and it won't be Taleworlds' fault. I hope for better original full conversion mods that would build upon the gameplay of old classics such as PoP, but also other mods that did well.
Why wouldn't it happen? Did the mod dev, quite modding or something?

Why wouldn't it happen? Did the mod dev, quite modding or something?
He is not interested. Unless someone competent assembles a team and offers to do it for him.
But why do a lot of hard work for someone else if you can create your own mod? Brand recognition only goes so far and once new full conversion mods start coming up, the old ones will be consigned to history.

He is not interested. Unless someone competent assembles a team and offers to do it for him.
But why do a lot of hard work for someone else if you can create your own mod? Brand recognition only goes so far and once new full conversion mods start coming up, the old ones will be consigned to history.
Neat, thank you MadVader. It will be really interesting to see what kind full conversions mods there will be and how many. I know there's a lord of the rings one but I wonder how many original worlds will pop up.

Was Prophesy of Pendor based off a book or tv? Or was it the mod dev's personal creation?

Neat, thank you MadVader. It will be really interesting to see what kind full conversions mods there will be and how many. I know there's a lord of the rings one but I wonder how many original worlds will pop up.
More players = more mods. More mods = better quality ones. So, if Bannerlord manages not to fail too badly, there will be plenty of interesting mods in the future. I'll make a fun prediction here (a prophecy!) and say the LoTR mod will be considered vaporware for a long time. :smile:
Was Prophesy of Pendor based off a book or tv? Or was it the mod dev's personal creation?
It was Saxondragon's personal creation. It was enriched (a lot) by other people that were drawn to it with plenty of additional lore (one active survivor of the lore writing bunch is @froggyluv). Even I wrote a bunch of dialogs when I needed them.
So, the lore was a group effort by people who love lore in games.

It was the modder's personal creation.

He has also publicly stated that he is not interesting in a "remake" of the Warband mod and if they were to make a new PoP for Bannerlord, it would be a sequel of sorts to the old PoP mod. He also said that it would have to be monetized in one way or another as it takes a lot of time and resources to make a good TC mod.

Back
Top Bottom