SP - General [Poll] Different Vassal Titles in Relation to Power

Users who are viewing this thread

How do we know what suggestions will get implemented into the game?

It would be a waste of a lot of potential if TW just ignored this.

There is this thread which compiles good suggestions crated by some forum member that are selected by taleworlds themselves. (if im, not wrong) However Im pessimistic about them getting into the game, tho less pessimistic since last, spear bracing and hook features added.

There is this thread which compiles good suggestions crated by some forum member that are selected by taleworlds themselves. (if im, not wrong) However Im pessimistic about them getting into the game, tho less pessimistic since last, spear bracing and hook features added.
Yeh, this thread is within them. I've about rewritten the thread and the way the feature will work, but combined with the ability to figure out a good feasible solution this and being busy haven't posted yet.

Tbh I am pessimistic with this being implemented but hey, I believe it is a good system and have put a decent amount of time into it and believe it would be for the better so yeh, wait and see.

I was thinking about this too. Maybe also change titles for all from just king. For instance, titles in the Empire those who control castles should be Comites, with those who control cities being Dux. In Aserai. Ragnevald in Sturgia should be upgraded to Grand Price, while holders of cities should be Princes, castles will be held by Vovoids. In our everyone favorite Khuzait the holders of cities will be Noyons, and the position below that controlling castles Dargas. Aserrai it should be Sultan, Emeir, and Sheik. For the Valandians. No change outside of Dukes holding Cities. Main problem is I am not sure what to do with Battanians.

This post of mine seems to have held pretty well, condidering it was posted 5 months before we saw what Singleplayer has to offer:
First off, i must remind you all that there is already an existing in-game mechanic that can support titular hierarchy, and it is called Clan tiers (from 4th paragraph onwards).

What we can do is recommend binding certain title to certain clan tier. Although player`s clan can raise its tier even if not in a faction, i would like it if you recieve the title only when you join a faction, until then you are just called by your name, or simply "lord"- your name.

That being said, we don`t yet actually know how many clan tiers there are exactly, but it is mentioned in the devblog i linked that you can join a faction (as a mercenary, not specified if as vassal as well) only after your clan reaches tier 2.
I believe that 3 title tiers for each faction is more than enough (so its for tier 2,3 and 4, since at clan tier 1 you cannot join faction and thus it`s logical to have no title), 1 faction leader title- King, plus 1 special title being the equvalent of "Marshall" like in Warband, but localized differently for each faction as well.

This is my suggestion for those titles and their localization between factions according to Taleworlds' stated inspirational context of real-life early medieval states (but compromising with a slight anachrony for easier recognition), starting with Vlandia, since that faction should clearly have easily understandable noble titles in english, so we can later understand other factions' less known non-english equivalent titles.

I am in favor of keeping it simple and not overcomplicating it, so we let all relatives of a clan leader (clan members) be of the same title for clan tiers that are NOT ruling clan, and ruling clan members all be the same as well between factions, but different to non-ruling clan members, marshall is a special military title not related to the noble titles, and has only musculine version, also some cultures don`t differ male from female forms of some titles (tribal nations in general).

If you got confused, i dont blame you, here are my toughts:

Vlandia

Clan tier 2
Leader - Baron/Baroness​
Members - Lord/Lady​
Clan tier 3
Leader - Count/Countess​
Members - Lord/Lady​
Clan tier 4
Leader - Duke/Duchess​
Members - Lord/Lady​
Marshall
Marshall​
/​

Ruling Clan
Leader - King/Queen ("Consort" suffix for spouses)​
Members - Prince/Princess​

The Empire

Clan tier 2
Leader - Strategos/Strategissa​
Members - Sebastos/Sebaste​
Clan tier 3
Leader - Domestikos/Domestika​
Clan tier 4
Leader - Doukas/Doukaina​
Marshall
Sebastokrator​
/​

Ruling Clan
Leader - Emperor/Empress ("Consort" suffix for spouses, and i think "Basileus" is unnecessary here)​
Members - Despotos/Despotissa​

Battania

Clan tier 2
Leader - Chieftan​
Members - Highborn​
Clan tier 3
Leader - Tribal Chief​
Members -Highborn​
Clan tier 4
Leader - High Chief​
Members - Highborn​
Marshall
Warlord​
/​

Ruling Clan
Leader - King/Queen ("Consort" suffix for spouses)​
Members - Sir/Dame​

Sturgia

Clan tier 2
Leader - Boyar/Boyarina​
Members - Dvoryanin/Dvoryana​
Clan tier 3
Leader - Knyaz/Knyazhina​
Clan tier 4
Leader -Voivod/Voivodina​
Marshall
Vozhd​
/​

Ruling Clan
Leader - Grand Prince/Grand Princess ("Consort" suffix for spouses)​
Members - Prince/Princess​

Khuzait

Clan tier 2
Leader - Cherbi​
Members - Khuu/Behichi​
Clan tier 3
Leader - Khong​
Members - Khuu/Behichi​
Clan tier 4
Leader -Noyan​
Members - Khuu/Behichi​
Marshall
Tumen​
/​

Ruling Clan
Leader - Khan/Khatun ("Consort" suffix for spouses)​
Members - Jinong/Gonji​

Aserai

Clan tier 2
Leader - Wali/Walia​
Members - Sayyid/Sayyida​
Clan tier 3
Leader - Sheikh/Sheikha​
Clan tier 4
Leader -Emir/Emira​
Marshall
Mushir​
/​

Ruling Clan
Leader - Sultan/Sultanah ("Consort" suffix for spouses)​
Members - Sharif/Sharifa

Even though now we know this could be done in many other better ways (number/type of settlements owned etc) , I'd love to hear what somebody from TW Singleplayer design would say about it, if and why it's desirable to them and how it could be done instead, if differently at all.

You may not like it Piconi but I am one of the 6,3 that prefers a simpler system. In Warband together, with the search function, it always felt more confusing to me.
In Bannerlord it doesn't feel necessary buuut if a player could get a rank himself which also affects the game by for example having different dialogs for greetings, I might be inclined to change my vote.

Even though now we know this could be done in many other better ways (number/type of settlements owned etc) , I'd love to hear what somebody from TW Singleplayer design would say about it, if and why it's desirable to them and how it could be done instead, if differently at all.
I'm kinda necroing this but... Done. I just need to polish up a few stuff and decide what to do with minor factions.
20210125045650_1.jpg
20210125045637_1.jpg

I can give this code to any TW employee in exchange for a single cup of black coffee ( Should be 100% arabica tho, I don't like Robusta, it's heresy ). Hit me up TW. You know where to find me :wink:

it always felt more confusing to me
I guess you are against being forced to memorize their titles for search bar to see who is who. Well in this, you are still searching for names in the search bar - not the titles. So titles in this sense are purely cosmetic based on the tier and culture, nothing more. Player also gets it if he/she is in a faction.
The dynamic behaviour you are looking for will be implemented in the core game soonTM as far as I know.

Back
Top Bottom