Poll: Community Dedicated Servers

Should we have player owned dedicated servers?

• Yes

Votes: 286 98.3%
  • No

Votes: 5 1.7%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Well the poll wont change much, I'm pretty sure custom servers are coming as they had the chances to tweak things as they want them to be like. They want to make sure that everything is balanced first I'm sure.

I think within a year we will be able to host servers, not ideal but it's not that bad is it?
Extremely bad. It's 2020, released a highly successful game that was driven into 2017 with a healthy multiplayer population due to mod support... And they think we wouldn't want that mod support on EA release for Bannerlord?

Again, can't wrap my head around the decision.

I'm bumping because these poll results are ridiculous and something needs to be done. Multiplayer's population has dwindled to nothing compared to last week.

Every regiment I've come into contact with or seen playing the MP has been forced to do several 6-men groups coordinating pressing the Join matchmaking button at the same in hopes of getting into the same server, even more so getting into the same team, and most of the times choosing Siege(1) as the game mode. If TaleWorlds want the community to be able to interact or find persistent friendships or groups to play with, then maybe they should think of alternative solutions as a compensation of not being able to give us dedicated server files for now. The limit the groups for matchmaking, even non-competitive modes, is max 6 individuals, when common regiment size is ten to thirty members.

1. Why almost every regiment, clan or group of friends pick Siege instead of TDM is because of actually being able to get together without dying by a spawning enemy just next to you since the maps are so small.

We all know the reason TaleWorlds choose not to prioritize the actual e-sport community, clan/regimental community, and public community servers interested in player-driven modes such as Persistent World, Organized battles, Role Plays, Jailbreak, etc. In favor of their own new competitive game modes and official servers. They are monopolizing the market. Users have already found traces of micro-transactions and DLCs in the game files. The prelude was the Private Server Monetisation Policy which led to hard restrictions on private servers. Why else would such a policy been written during the last days of WB? It is clearly a preparation to monetize the multiplayer aspect. We'll soon see custom character and weapon skins in the multiplayer. Hopefully, at least some of it will be tied to our in-game levels and free from purchases.

Last edited:
Should mount and blade have horses and swords?
Imo the main point is that we can’t wait as long as the devs are saying for community servers to come out. Right now matchmaking is terribly busted, and the sense of community is very small

Imo the main point is that we can’t wait as long as the devs are saying for community servers to come out. Right now matchmaking is terribly busted, and the sense of community is very small
I completely agree with you, and at this point, I think the community has made it very clear that we believe this is a priority, and I would bet that the devs do too.

I completely agree with you, and at this point, I think the community has made it very clear that we believe this is a priority, and I would bet that the devs do too.
The way the question is it’s kind of silly, it’s like asking “do you support racism” like obviously your going to say no. I do think the thread brings up good points though

We should have, and it's what most of the people want.
But TW doesn't have admin tools ready, most of the functions that admin tools provide aren't ready yet or fully functioning without bugs(Spectator mode not working, swap map gamemode factions malfunctioning or not working etc). And I assume most of the key thing for the dedicated servers themselves to happen aren't finished yet(I'm no expert on the topic, but I assume this is quite complex to code or set up).

So no way they launch them soon unless that they give extreme focus to it, which won't and shouldn't be the case now. They need to work on game-breaking bugs&glitches, then combat, mechanics and balance and after that other adjustements in all areas(SP, Balance between casual and competitive MP, perks, minor combat & mechanics tweaks) and only after the game is somewhat ready, develop & release those dedicated servers(with duel & new single life mode included hopefully).

Can safely say that will take many months.

We should have, and it's what most of the people want.
But TW doesn't have admin tools ready, most of the functions that admin tools provide aren't ready yet or fully functioning without bugs(Spectator mode not working, swap map gamemode factions malfunctioning or not working etc). And I assume most of the key thing for the dedicated servers themselves to happen aren't finished yet(I'm no expert on the topic, but I assume this is quite complex to code or set up).

So no way they launch them soon unless that they give extreme focus to it, which won't and shouldn't be the case now. They need to work on game-breaking bugs&glitches, then combat, mechanics and balance and after that other adjustements in all areas(SP, Balance between casual and competitive MP, perks, minor combat & mechanics tweaks) and only after the game is somewhat ready, develop & release those dedicated servers(with duel & new single life mode included hopefully).

Can safely say that will take many months.
It was possible to host servers in versions prior to b0.9 but they removed the dedicated server file TaleWorlds.MountAndBlade.DedicatedServer.dll. Probably because of the reasons you mentioned and I agree with you that they are addressing other issues as a higher priority which makes sense.

It was possible to host servers in versions prior to b0.9 but they removed the dedicated server file TaleWorlds.MountAndBlade.DedicatedServer.dll. Probably because of the reasons you mentioned and I agree with you that they are addressing other issues as a higher priority which makes sense.

IMO it would be good for everyone if there was at least the option to host private, passworded servers for purposes such as modding, testing and bug replication.

Give dedicated servers asap if you as a company will not provide enough for the player base at any given time. Simply answer this shouldnt even need a poll.

I feel that it is important that the community servers are addressed. Not giving flexibility for a community will lead to permanent player loss in the long run. I am aware that the early access focus is on the single player element of the game, but given the amount of players that played Warband over the years that had stopped playing and are now returning to the competitive fold or to the communities that hosted events, it is imperative to nurture them, for the game's own survival for the future. If we start bleeding players now, it will spiral out of control. If you look at other games like Fallout and Anthem (while not saying that this game will end up like them as they were handled horrendously), they have bled players to the point where no future patch can bring back a bulk of lost people. Lost people leads to less revenue in the long run for the company (for future products/DLC) as well as less players around, leading to a faster decline to the current player base as they will feel like the game is dying. At the stage, just having dedicated servers will be enough for clans to handle their own game modes, for example doing a TDM server but the clans play it as a battle with 1 Life each player until one side gets wiped then they reset and meet on their sides of the maps again and they go again, until Battle game mode is introduced hopefully.

We can wait for a delayed feature for singleplayer, its already a solid experience as it is. I don't think that the priority right now is to add new features for singleplayer. What would happen is, new feature gets added, we go to check it out, "oh cool look at X feature its awesome", I use it a few times, then the adrenaline is over, back to square one, communities are still not playing with each other or against each other. Communities cannot wait for a prolonged period without servers. While the hype and the excitement is high, its important for communities to have their own custom environments so that even newer players who never played Warband before, can look at the game and understand that there is also a competitive aspect that carried over from its predecessor, rather than just "another quick match, flavour of the month game", whereupon they then move on to the next "flavour of the month" game, some battle royale etc. The community is what will retain the players, not singular additions of single player features.

Back
Top Bottom