Poll: Class System vs. Warband Loadout Customization

Current class system, or Warband's loadout customization?

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

The only smidge of hope i have for this system is if some kind of tiered perks will be implemented. Then if you have "improved armor" perk, you could choose from 3 tiers of improved armor, and if not, there's the default one, so that's 4 armor loadouts for a class that has improved armor perk as an option. That would mean much more customization options and variations, and honestly less of an insult to the amount of armors we have available in SP, compared to those that are offered to us in MP currently.

Last edited:
It's not like we didn't try before :
Ouch, I never saw those responses... all I gather from that is "SP good, MP afterthought so we treat it as an afterthought and cater towards mind numbing stale gameplay for casuals that will only touch multiplayer once, get bored, finish singleplayer and jump off the M&B ship leaving the dedicated fans with a dried out husk".

It's sad to see TaleWorlds not even ATTEMPT to make multiplayer good, while they have a plethora of feedback by dedicated and loyal enthusiasts.

Here's hoping for Mount & Blade 3 in 2028!

Thank god for mods.

My god, the only argument that those who support the class system can come up with is "yeah but the people who don't talk agree with me and there's more of those" as if their anecdotal experience is somehow more representative than ours. Get a grip. Most people who understand the systems think the old one is better. A lot of new players are also disappointed.

I love the idea of a perk where u could choose between different armors as one guy said light to heavy Armour.(sorry for not including u)

Then do the same with 1h weapons from small range to long range.

As well for shields light to heavy shield or whatever small to large shield

Same goes on for Archer classes light to heavy bow as it currently is
Same with arrows I think they currently fine.

And so on and on

OH wait keep improving the perks what will we get? The old mechanic of equipment with less Armour choice and a new design. Lmao.

I honestly prefer an hybrid type, I liked the idea of mantain this type in Captian Mode and Siege, but for the rest I would like to see something more especific like WB equipment system (but improved of course).
The true balance can be reached in any type of system, but the free choice is in the WB system, the rest it´s just like use whatever we said because its cool this way, and not letting me do it my way.
Maybe an hybrid system can be made depending on the server (dedicated servers), or you could mantain both and choose whatever you want, like an recomendation.

EDIT: Also I think that the class system will get monotonous and after a time playing will be boring.

Last edited:
How often i read those two words "minority and majority" people often claim to be the majority and all others are the minority. What do 300 votes mean all together? While right now 113k players are playing Bannerlord. It shows a direction where it goes but it defintly not the majority. I think alot of people just dont care about this thread at all.

Its like the so called "competitives" call themselves the majority. But its more like a tiny minority whith influence and active forum behavior. Dont take me wrong, i like competetive play. Thats why i know how loud they can be. Back in time when Mount&Musket changed to Napoleonic Wars, there was a change in the upper attack from a swing to a thrust. There was so much complaining going on from the self named majority of the NW players they will boycot the game if they not changing it back. Nothing changed and it was quickly clear that they where just a minority who are active forum users who acted like queens. - Its just a example im not saying anyone is ment here -

And yes, i voted for the old system, i dont like the class system because everyone looks the same. I miss the old way. But i care more about getting dedicated servers, more modes and maps then to rework the system of classes. At the end we can get mods who solve this issue.

Love you!
I mean yeah i agree with you partly that situations like that do happen. But the big difference between here is that we're talking about something that we could consider "minor" as its just a swing difference. We are here talking about major design flaws that are obviously on the mind of many. I think its fair to say that people who don't support the system shouldn't be labeled as a minority or a majority. We can just conclude that its a mixed subject since we don't have actual proper data to say who is in the right about this difference in opinion.

I am not completely sure how we could be able to gather proper data about the subject without it being biased except the forums. To me the only way of having a view of the general opinion of the game is on the forums. You could say the steamforums could be a platform for it but honestly, its the steamforums. It's like if you were to go on reddit and say multiplayer is better then singleplayer and be downvoted to hell.

Removing a perfectly fine system, replacing it with something that feels completely out of place, encourages nothing to work towards, so repetitive, half the weapons and armours from singleplayer are missing from it that I'm having to play with the same gear for each faction every game. I loved warband because it gave me the freedom to choose my gear, if I felt it was too underpowered I could switch things in and out to suit my playstyle. In bannerlord I'm being told what I can and can't use due to an unbalanced system.

Callum:"but all I can say is that we have discussed this internally on many occasions and we still feel that the benefits of the class system outweigh any negatives"

One day, when humanity reaches the next stage of evolution, and scientists finally unravel the depths of Armagan's intellect, we might find out what these "benefits" are, but until then, this sentence pretty much ended the discussion. They won't budge.

I like the new system but anyone can tell it’s not perfect. I don’t really get why people phrase it like it isn’t subject to change. Lack of patience?

Wait actually can I say that I hate skirmish? My new friends never enjoy it, and I take it out of rotation. It’s actually unplayable. I personally have fun with captain and siege (when the servers hold us :lol:)

If they wouldn't consider a change the entire alpha and beta when a lot of people were unhappy with it then they sure as hell are not going to change it during early access when they are mostly focused on SP, Its a done deal.

your best bet is trying to convince them to add more perk slots which means more item choices

Man, reluctant to add fuel to the fire here, but I must say something. I saw the devs explanation of the current system, why it is what it is, and why they wont change it. Frustrating as that may be for some, many of you are being really vitriolic and need to get a grip

Man, reluctant to add fuel to the fire here, but I must say something. I saw the devs explanation of the current system, why it is what it is, and why they wont change it. Frustrating as that may be for some, many of you are being really vitriolic and need to get a grip
Constantly taking about problems is the only way taleworlds does something about it. It was the same process during the beta.

Constantly taking about problems is the only way taleworlds does something about it. It was the same process during the beta.
Thats as may be. but the people demanding the changes to MP that they want sound totally vitriolic and expectant. If I was a dev I wouldnt listen to them.

Thats as may be. but the people demanding the changes to MP that they want sound totally vitriolic and expectant. If I was a dev I wouldnt listen to them.
No one here is maliceful, everyone wants the best for the franchise. But as Scar said, hearing the same things like "We'd like you to keep an open mind" all the time makes some people go mad. We literally waited almost a decade for a game that can't even be compared to Warband. Singleplayer? Sure. Multiplayer? Not at all.

You're exploiting their attempts at being approachable, and that in an organized fashion. And no, that is not like "everyone" does here because you're overdoing it. Or better yet you've gone far beyond that as of now.

Back
Top Bottom