Poll: Class System vs. Warband Loadout Customization

Current class system, or Warband's loadout customization?

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Who decides what a huge portion considers important? We can't even get 4000 people that are allegedly playing atm in MP to vote and people still speak about some kind of majority.
Because the ones that take action are representative sample of the community part they are taking action in, in this case the MP.
One of many examples is when there is presidential voting in any country, it is usually arround 50% (depending of the country, it goes from 40%-60%, i only remember once going 66% in France) that actually vote at all, out of all the people that have the right to vote (above some age limit, depending on the country).
A candidate that has 51% of the votes win. So he/she basically has to have 51% out of 50% of the people with voting rights.
That is 25% of the people that have voting rights .
People with voting rights don't consist 100% of the population in a country, so the actual percentage of the whole population is even lower.

Those who vote, win elections.
Those who raise their voice here, represent the body of the part of the game they are raising their voice in.

I don't really get the strive for more accessibility because casuals will get bored quickly and leave or they will learn the mechanics of the game and stay (No difference if you had warbands system or Bannerlords system.) The only thing that this push for assesibility is doing is lower the skill cap, making less things for people to be able to master and pissing off people who loved warband so much they put 1000's of hours in it. Anyone saying that there was something wrong with how warbands scene turned out just doesn't get it. Everyone knew eachother down (except people who played under random names, which isn't even a possibility now unless you want to look dumb on your steam profile) to the class and the way everyone liked to play and certain equipment quirks and individuality and people stood out more than is even available at the moment with the non-dedicated servers and the lack of customization or flair for a player to be able to stand out.. (Not even banners or being able to wear a custom banner on armor). The people who are going to love the combat and stay will do it regardless of certain mechanics that are dumbed down made more fitting to warband..

Oh you aren't NA, no need to stream it. I appreciate the reply though, its becoming more clear its a lack of NA servers.
Oh, well, sorry to hear that. Hopefully you'll get more love soon.

Those who raise their voice here, represent the body of the part of the game they are raising their voice in.
That's called a vocal minority and it's not how democracy works. The others who aren't as active on forums as we are, still count and the most appropriate way would be to vote through the game itself or using some other way to reach out to them. When country makes a national poll they go at greath lengths to get as much attendance as they can and it's heavily advertised, so not at all comparable to a forum at which people usually go to complain or just out of curiosity/boredom.

Oh, well, sorry to hear that. Hopefully you'll get more love soon.

That's called a vocal minority and it's not how democracy works. The others who aren't as active on forums as we are, still count and the most appropriate way would be to vote through the game itself or using some other way to reach out to them. When country makes a national poll they go at greath lengths to get as much attendance as they can and it's heavily advertised, so not at all comparable to a forum at which people usually go to complain or just out of curiosity/boredom.
Except you don't know if its either a minority or a majority. There is nothing to back both claims.

I wish there was a third option, to be honest. I don't like the new system, I think it's worse than what we had. I don't think Warband's equipment system was without its flaws either. As I have posited in the many other threads on this subject, I think a hybrid of the two is best: get a couple of classes for each faction, each class gets a subset of equipment to choose from, just like Warband. Then allow players to create loadouts for each class (preferably in the lobby) so that players can quickly select a set of gear at the start of a round. It would be great if there were default loadouts too, so new players have a good idea of what each class can do. Finally, use Bannerlord's UI system that showcases what class each of your allies picked in the small game modes.
I think that mixes the strengths of both system in the best way possible, while eliminating several drawbacks from Warband's system.

In the absence of such a third option, however, I vote for the Warband system.

But you know there are factions right?

So you have to create a loadout for every faction for every unit.

By all means but this wouldn't work, I guess?

But you know there are factions right?

So you have to create a loadout for every faction for every unit.

By all means but this wouldn't work, I guess?
It could work. You could already have premade classes and if they want they could change it if they want afterwards in the armory. It isn't much of an issue honestly, mordhau had a similar issue kind of. Which was fixed by having some good premade classes to start with

I think that a lot of the perks are completely useless, like why would you want a shortsword with a 2h axe for example?

Back
Top Bottom