Poll: Class System vs. Warband Loadout Customization

Current class system, or Warband's loadout customization?

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Surveys are lame, we need an fMRI study to really see what the people prefer.

Also, at the very least make this a scale or something (1-7), not a binary choice, binary survey items are kinda silly.

Helmets, theres barely any difference between the 2 heavy helmets or around 5 armor
Arming Cap = meme?
Helmet with Cap = meme?
Helmet with Neckguard = medium helmet
Flat topped Helmet = medium helmet
Guard Helmet = upgraded heavy helmet
Great Helmet = upgraded heavy helmet

Armour
Red Tunic
Leather Armor = medium armor
Red Gambeson = medium armor
Haubergeon = heavy armor
Brigandine = heavy armor

boots are similar and gloves have rly low impact

1 handed weapons = 3 swords that are all similar, short sword too short for battle
Sword
Short Sword
Sword
Short Arming Sword
Arming Sword

Polearms
Awl pike
Long Awl Pike = cav drop

Throwing weapons = cant take it because of no gold left, they are way too low in dmg to be effective or useful
Darts
War Darts

2 handed weapons = litterly just duel weapons
Bastard Sword
Heavy Bastard Sword
Two handed Sword
Great Sword

In the end this leaves you with the option to go medium armor infantry with shield a sword and an awlpike
If you get enough gold you can go for heavy armor
If you drop for cav you cant even go for awlpike and throwing
Warband system is still better than BL. Indeed, some items in Warband mp are not that useful. CSGO has some weapons that are rarely used in competitive matches, have you seen a pro player use ppbizon? But the customized louadout system is still easier to balance and offers more variety of plays.

To say that Warband > Bannerlord in terms of playstyles... gonna have to hard disagree there. There's many more ways to play a given faction in Bannerlord than in Warband.

Like the example above, you're mostly deciding between the Long Awlpike or the Short Awlpike and that will often be preset due to drops. However, in Bannerlord, switching from Swadia --> Vlandia, you're given the option of playing with different maces/swords/armor/javs depending on your preference. You're also given additional freedom to swap classes mid round in order to counter some specific thing, increasing the amount of playstyles. Which again, I'm not a fan of how the spawn system plays out, but it does increase the amount of playable styles dramatically.

Last edited:
swadian infantry can choose from:
5 1handed swords
2 bastard weapons (2h but useable with shield)
2 2handed swords
2 awlpikes
2 throwings
4 shields
6 helmets
5 body armours
4 boots
4 gloves

not gonna go trough bannerlord but its less

Heres the thing about those weapons though. The 5 1handed swords are just +stat-stat copies of each other. Same with every other thing on that list. Paying +50 gold for +4 armor doesnt unlock a new playstyle.

Pretending that any class in warband had more than 1 or 2 variations that were competitively viable is delusional. Being able to pick between 5 swords that are the exact same with slightly more or less damage just isnt that interesting.

Heres the thing about those weapons though. The 5 1handed swords are just +stat-stat copies of each other. Same with every other thing on that list. Paying +50 gold for +4 armor doesnt unlock a new playstyle.

Pretending that any class in warband had more than 1 or 2 variations that were competitively viable is delusional. Being able to pick between 5 swords that are the exact same with slightly more or less damage just isnt that interesting.
Maybe in NA since its dead. Swadia is the only faction this is true for in terms of not providing multiple playstyles.
Even Swadia has more than 2 viable builds (def sword and awlpike - with and without awlpike drop for cav so 2 builds - good sword no awlpike, tank helmet no awlpike normal body armour, tank body armour).
Rhodok inf has like 5 different viable equips (not including hammer or morningstar drops).
Vaegir inf has 3, more if you include the mace (not that terrible of a weapon just inconsistent).
Sarranids has 5 (again not including mace).
Nords has atleast 4 viable ones.
All of them were commom in EU competetive.

Last edited:
I've solved the problem guys. Each faction clearly needs a "Crazy naked man with a 2h" class and a few more perks for the current classes to choose from. Solved lads, time to wrap it up.

The mostly one-sided result was to be expected, with any given sample amount of the MP players, since those who play MP, thus affected by this system the most, do use the forum the most, as has always been the case.
The preset MP classes system is the most unanimously disputed single feature in Multiplayer, as the lack of auto-block option is in Singleplayer.

Vast majority of players are not going to grow to love this system, as they haven't in during the past 10 months in the alpha/beta, and those who haven't participated in those early MP testings now seem (according to dozens of posts) to be shocked to see upon EA this system actually totaly replaced the custom equipment system of the previous title.
TaleWorlds is not going to change it, that is also a fact they have been repeating.

This is going to be the ever lasting traction point between TW and the most of the MP community until dedicated servers arrive, and equipment customisation mods for MP arrive following them.

Because of that, for a long time now i am pretty sure
that we are unfortunately going to have split MP community before one even forms properly upon full game release, maybe even up to 3 way split, and that is not something i am looking forward to, even though i've mostly played SP in previous titles. This scenario would surely not be good for anyone involved .

I try to recognize the community desires and gripes, even if in some cases they don't even affect me personally.
The worst possible thing any one of us forumites can do in this state of the game, is gatekeeping desired changes, especially when it is a vast majority of a certain playerbase that desires it.

It is up to TaleWorlds to gatekeep certain changes or not ( one of the honorable mention is the thing i was most vocal about, the aesthetic changes on units, was taken into consideration by them and accepted), and it is in their right to do so, but not a few community members doing so as well, the community must be united, and support each other in their wants and needs, when it is something a huge portion of them considers important.

Last edited:
Nope. Not everyone has it. You assume things. You assume someone who never heard about WB and bought BL bc of some youtube vid knows what expects him in MP. You cannot put yourself back in that situation because it is that long ago. I get it. But I don't think what you say is good for sales and longterm health of the MP.
Rigid class systems with little to no customization is exactly how you kill the longterm health of MP. You have it exactly backwards.

Let us not forget that the localized armor in Multiplayer (that exsisted in the previous title) was removed as well . We now have only 1 armor value armor for the whole body, but additional damage multipliers regarding to the body part hit, trying to negate the lack of localized armor, but not very good at all, it will take much tinkering in order to appear as near as logical as if the armor is localized, as irl.

Last edited:
the community must be united, and support each other in their wants and needs, when it is something a huge portion of them considers important.
Who decides what a huge portion considers important? We can't even get 4000 people that are allegedly playing atm in MP to vote and people still speak about some kind of majority.

I do think it’s a little bit sad to see multiplayer numbers at 4000, I was expecting way way more players

I do think it’s a little bit sad to see multiplayer numbers at 4000, I was expecting way way more players
Just like warband the only thing most likely to happen is that playing with friends or in broader words, clans will keep multiplayer alive. Since there are no custom servers i don't think the players will peak anytime soon.

Just like warband the only thing most likely to happen is that playing with friends or in broader words, clans will keep multiplayer alive. Since there are no custom servers i don't think the players will peak anytime soon.
I also think it’s the problem with a rocky launch, with captain mode being unbalanced, skirmish just making me feel bad for new players, and siege being unbalanced if fun

Also 20 minute wait times like why do we need matchmaking

Back
Top Bottom