[Poll] Armor Crafting

Do you think armor crafting should be in Bannerlord?

• Yes, it's weird that you can craft weapons but not armor.

Votes: 188 71.5%
  • No, weapon crafting is enough.

Votes: 50 19.0%
  • I don't care.

Votes: 25 9.5%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

giphy.gif

Sorry for the necro, but this is worth it.

In the line with the previous video where we ordered an item from the blacksmith, here you have another small clip of our friend Bloc; this time with ARMOURS
:fruity:
. What do you guys think about it? Would it have a place in the base game?

Armor & Weapon crafting by ordering.

That's perfect. We don't really need fully customized pieces like with weapons. Making existing armors from the smithy is good enough.

That's perfect. We don't really need fully customized pieces like with weapons. Making existing armors from the smithy is good enough.
But it would be cool if we could customize and have a mix or verity as said elsewhere when viewing your recruited troops they should all look a bit inhomogeneous in style as it was in real life.

But it would be cool if we could customize and have a mix or verity as said elsewhere when viewing your recruited troops they should all look a bit inhomogeneous in style as it was in real life.
Such feature would be extremely difficult to code, and even if you do manage to make it, it will have such performance burden that if the custom armor is used by many units, it will be problematic.

In fact, I'd say the customization of weapons is actually overdone. There is so many parts and they interact in so many unpredictable ways that they feel massively redundant and finding the good combination is more like digging up through the pile than carefully planning.
That's one of the very few times I'd have wished for a simplified and more streamlined approach.

So yeah, we don't need (and I don't even want) the same level of complexity in armors. Just let us build the regular ones, with the possibility to give them special quality (like "lordly" and so on).

In fact, I'd say the customization of weapons is actually overdone. There is so many parts and they interact in so many unpredictable ways that they feel massively redundant and finding the good combination is more like digging up through the pile than carefully planning.
That's one of the very few times I'd have wished for a simplified and more streamlined approach.
I agree.
What is even more strange, low level components are often better than high level ones. Except the blades.

I have been told that as this moment there is no work being done for crafting armor or bows so you can pretty much guarantee it won't happen being so close to the release time frame

Vultures & Leeches: Mods are just Band-Aids
Also Vultures & Leeches: Said mod should be incorporated into the base game.

I would opt on the contrary to remove smithing from the game entirely as it is a total economy breaker. At least prices for crafted weapons should be lowered drastically.

As that are surely dreams only, I would prefer smithing to be optimized instead of incorporating another broken element. Less totally useless parts (huzzah, the 6th tier V pommel for a twohander which is btw worse than my already 8 tier I pommels ...), more drops of parts for other weapons than twohanded and onehanded swords, to name only two improvements.

I would opt on the contrary to remove smithing from the game entirely as it is a total economy breaker. At least prices for crafted weapons should be lowered drastically.
To me that's a different problem - loot is simply far too much of an income source as it is, it's a more encompassing balance issue than just crafting. Money should be gained mainly through what is for now secondary sources (settlements, trade, contracts...).

Yep that's all I'd like.

I hate shelling out 200K for high tier items, which really isn't justified for how little benefit they provide. Be nice if you could make your own, little more satisfying too.

Don't need the customization of say weapons, just let me make my own Legionary Mail once I have enough steel/leather.

I think it's much more important to have 45 thousand varieties of wooden shield
Why Taleworlds felt the need to drown players in smithing parts is puzzling, even if they removed 2/3 of the crafting parts there would still be more than enough. It feels like they spend time on **** that doesn't matter but things that players ask for over and over they just ignore or say "too complicated" or "not part of our vision". :unsure:

Back
Top Bottom