Poll - Are u satisfied with how TW has been tackling this EA?

Are u satisfied with how TW has been tackling this EA?

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Most definitely, they have a strong team that have been working on the game since Early Access while also engaging the community to continue to gather feedback.

The game is better in many ways since the launch of Early Access and a lot of game breaking bugs have been fixed and content that add depth to the world has been added (such as families and kingdoms).

Most definitely, they have a strong team that have been working on the game since Early Access while also engaging the community to continue to gather feedback.

The game is better in many ways since the launch of Early Access and a lot of game breaking bugs have been fixed and content that add depth to the world has been added (such as families and kingdoms).
BUT NO FUKING DIVORCE.
Are we able to get divorced yet?
Please add the option to divorce your wife, there's no Pope in the game.
They need to add divorcing into the game
Can we start focusing on more important updates now. Like the ability to behead your wife, divorcing, and remarry.

It's pretty awesome. I haven't been paying much attention to the progress over the last 6 months but I just encountered children's education on my latest playthrough which was really cool. After taking a look at warband (correct me if I'm wrong about this) but I hope they add feasts and more political intrigue options such as assassination, spreading rumors in cities, quests for breaking allies out of prison, etc.

That was a top quality post, thanks. (You could replace the pretentious "Skinner Box" with "grinding" though.)
It goes to show how Mount and Blade's design is, and always was, haphazard and presumably idiosyncratic to the lead designers (Armagan and Steve?). It seems there was no coherent effort to make a better, smarter design for Bannerlord.
Which is a shame, but let's hope there's a modder or two who is serious about design and creates the "as it should have been" experience not only by piling up new random features and models, but by changing and adding game mechanics to make the gameplay actually fun and meaningful.
It's interesting how some players new to the franchise are happy with this, innocently unaware of the gaming bliss that was Warband+mods.

I think there are a few parts to this.

1. I am not satisfied with the output of TW, however it is Covid times and a lot of people work from home, so this is not something we can really do anything about.
2. I am not satisfied with the design choices that the apparent leadership makes about what features make it into the game and which are cut due to being "too complex". This also relates to the dumbing down of AI (or at least wanting to dumb down) which we have all experienced (Horse Archer) and heard about from various devs
3. I am not satisfied with the official responses from certain key people in TW and certain community facing staff. It feels like when we do see them pop-up, they all have very PR-esque, copy&paste non-answers.
4. I am overwhelmed with how fantastic other staff has been. Mexxico, MArdA, Duh, to name a few. There are more awesome devs/artists etc that have posted very long and in-depth posts, but I haven't seen them as much, so I can't remember the names (nor can I find the posts).

I am not satisfied, because I think they should really introduce more new complex features with each big update. Like the rebellions.

The game is still lacking in many departments - Diplomacy, Clan/Kingdom management, Settlement management, Battle mechanics like targeting certain unit, etc.
Better interactions with the NPC lords and new ways of getting companions (Ideally handcrafted ones so they are not in red with their main skills) should also be on the list.

There is just so much that they could have done with it in a year of EA, but alas, here we are. Almost a year of EA and we still do not have any diplomatic options other that war and piece. I guess it is not really that I am not satisfied, I am just very disappointed.

There's definitely been improvements but on the whole I think it's been rather....haphazard.

And slow.

Yes indeed. And then there is the low level of communication...... with a large amount of the communication being left down to one or two people like mexxico.

An example is the latest 'bandit horde' bug. We found out eventually (through a direct question) that it happened because of a code refactor.
Now of course re-factors can be small or large in size.... but if they are spending significant time refactoring code .... well then let your community know and then they will most likely understand and be more patient.

Last edited:
My uninformed guess (certain significant issues, build quality, gaps between certain betas, etc), having bought and started playing around 1.4.1, is that EA development has been knocked off course and they're 3-6 months behind where they wanted to be/expected to be.

I voted neutral, because software development has challenges and it's been a weird year, to say the least. The bugs - particularly certain recurring ones - are frustrating, and indicate I think some build/package/deployment QA issues.

New feature development has been slow (I think, because of the bugs/performance/build issues), but the overall pacing of the game is better - stuff to do as you build up your clan. It still needs improvements - ideally, game pacing settings (renown, war frequency, etc) settings at start to satisfy those who want a quick route to total war versus those who want multi-generational play without their starting character maxing out the clan and being the leading kingdom before his mid 30s.

I never play the previous Mount and blade, and I'm enjoying this game, but I also think that this game have too many missed opportunities. It could be a historical game, like Skirim or Total war series , but is just a pleasent game.
What I find most difficult to understand, is that there are several factions and kingdoms on the map, and there is no interaction between them, except the war, and even it starts and ends without we realizing why.

Last edited:
I voted 'bad' mostly because :
1) poor design choices, even when a big part of the community is against those choices.
2) i haven't seen any (cant recall anyway) attempts by TW Were they consult their fanbase about upcoming direction of the game that could be taken.
3) there have been numerous threads with great suggestions, and i feel like there are at best only a few developers who take the time to react and sometimes bother to insert the ideas into the dev team. Theyre Sticking their necks out to make the fanbase feel like they're listened to.
Where are the decision makers? Wheres the "active" part of community management here?

I used to feel like: its their game, they can do whatever they want and it will be fine. For a while now, ive been doubting that assumption. Don't get me wrong, i play bannerlord a couple of times per month and enjoy it (to some extent) but the way TW is handling this is not making me feel like they're listening to the community. I hope they realise that they CAN turn this for the better.

Back
Top Bottom