Polite request

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Greetings
Because of existance of cheats for M&B WB, i think if it's better to stop the nation cup until it's fixed. There is cheat enabling auto-block on every server. I would like to trust the honesty of every team but I'm afraid it's not possible. Up to discussion by organisators.
With all respect - WV_New_Player_FTW (of Poland nation cup team)
PROOF:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=70n0hDRS4xs

Sry for multiposting but there is solution - you can easily see if someone is using autoblock. Every refree should be able to see people like that and just to eliminate them. The block is being triggered just in time of attack, and it's just impossible to do for man.

Indeed, do you have proof? I mean, I can understand that there might be cheats around, but some people are just awesome blockers. Like the_Narrator in my own clan, for example, I won't believe for a minute he cheats but I also know that in a one vs one fight between him and I he'll live through it without a scratch (usually. :razz:)

Auto block does look different to normal blocking in my opinion, but I've never seen it anywhere since beta, not even on Public servers and definitely not in NC.

So yeah, you'd need proof.  :smile:

I was tested the Autoblcok hack with a friend and it does work, of course it does take some time to get used to but it seems that someone could master it pretty easily. I do not use this.

As a ref I felt the duty to find a way to detect this but sadly my friends I don't believe their is. The whole block up thing is somewhat true while hack is turned on you can't block up. But here's the thing you need to have the hack running and also change your options (block) to automatic. So if you  don't change it will be like playing normal. That being said a person might turn it on when they are the last one left trying to get that draw on away turf (match vs USA example due to ping difference) he can in less then 5 seconds switch his options to automatic and win the round. Of course the thought of hacking comes to mind but how do you prove it. As a ref. I agree with this request, to spare this tournament from drama that a arouse due to accusations. the devs are aware of it and will definitely fix it soon ( I hope ).

Sorry for any mistakes typed this on my phone. 

Is there any list of refrees so i can send them links? Link for you Zero is on its way. Just act according to the instructions  :roll: (I found the list. But there are many and there are only like 4matches left. So i don't want to spread it so much)
I've tested it myself. It does work 100%. Dont get kicked - and you're invoulnarable in 1v1. I know that some peaople have excellent manual blocks 'cause i know many of them. But it's different.

Look there is way to almost certainly know if someone is using manual block cheat - he will never make a mistake - OR HOLD A BLOCK OTHER THAN DOWN when opponent is not attacking. Also his blocks will be enabled just in time of opponents attack. Also when he is making feints the block used when the enemy is not attacking will be down. It never happens in normal fights. I mean you can't be 100% sure but when the refrees will know good the system the cheat works I think no team will risk geting busted. Because when something like that happens, the team which was proven using cheats should be banned.
That's only my opinion of course.

Blocking is a reflex technique. I know this from my clan, most of them are playing this game since the beta test. Blocking, chambering is just like stealing candy from a baby for them. You can eliminate, kick or ban awesome blockers accidently. So;

NO VALID PROOF? IT DIDN'T HAPPEN !

Hack was tested by IG/nditions team as well on a private server (I can already warn people that 'trying out' this hack on those two servers will see you banned without the possibility of appeal). It is indeed impossible to make any attacks through the blocking of the person holding his mouse button.

Easy to spot or not, a referee would have to critically look at each and every engagement in the entire match and any decisions/bans regarding that particular hack will always be highly contested (=drama) without actual proof.

That being said, postponing the next matches of the tournament a bit is definetely a good idea. I know for a fact that at the moment some very talented people are working together with the devs to build a detection system for this hack. I have already seen it in its first stages and am confident it will not take very long for it to be completely finished. When finished that system could take away any doubts and produce actual proof in situations of doubt.

Blocking isn't everything in the game, you are forgeting about shooting people with arrows, bolts or javs and even if the person has a sheild their autoblocks will hardly help them then when it just does what turling does, once the sheild has been broken you can shoot their open body. You also forget that you can get behind the fellows or have two people on him, you can't block two attacks at once.

I am speaking with Daegoth(Developer) now.

He said ''We will release dedicated servers compatible with steam and servers can use VAC, so we will inform steam about this matter and they will take measures. We will release new version for Warband at next week (if we can) but we don't know how long it will take steam to investigate the cheats.

Afaik the hack doesnt work with non-steam versions.

BlackTide said:
Blocking isn't everything in the game, you are forgeting about shooting people with arrows, bolts or javs and even if the person has a sheild their autoblocks will hardly help them then when it just does what turling does, once the sheild has been broken you can shoot their open body. You also forget that you can get behind the fellows or have two people on him, you can't block two attacks at once.

Blacktide, sorry mate but your point is kind of irrelevant, we never said this hack gives you God mode. So unless your point is that the hack wouldnt really have any 'big' impact on games and therefore should be ignored (which is ofc bs imo), I'm not sure what you are getting at. I dont think anyone 'forgot' the things you mentioned.  :wink:

Maybe a poll should decide wether you guys wait with the matches or not? Or more reliable is maybe only the team-captains voting.

Morii said:
Afaik the hack doesnt work with non-steam versions.

Description: This is the STEAM ONLY version. If you have the non-steam version, download the non-steam hack!

EDIT: Although I can't seem to find one billing itself as a non-steam version.

Morii said:
Maybe a poll should decide wether you guys wait with the matches or not? Or more reliable is maybe only the team-captains voting.

Willy and I will probably decide ourselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom