Polished Landscapes test version [RELEASED]

Users who are viewing this thread

Sniffels said:
Short Question.

Is it possible to get this mod working with Eagle and the Radiant Cross?

If that mod doesn't alter environment itself (and I think it doesn't), yes. IIRC, TEatRC even has its source code released, so you might be able to add in PL's fog effects. You will find any instructions you need in this thread. Please do not ask anybody to do it for you, though.

jericel123 said:
but are you sure we can wait for a warband version what if there isnt?
Well, if there's no warband version, there's no warband version. It really is that easy.
If gutekfiutek has lost interest, the only thing you can do is hope that somebody else will make a similar mod for warband. Or try yourself, of course.

I think that's Gutek's own choice :smile:

I would like to see a fully function warband version of this very much.

The reason Gutekfiutek decided to entirely remove collision was that the collision mesh wouldn't fit with randomly scaled objects, IIRC. He had some quite strange experiences when testing his mod.

Arrows getting stuck mid air, horses riding through the bew boulders when coming inf rom certaina ngles and so on.
Armagan told him that this would be fixed with Warband. So if there's a Warband version of coming out you'll have your collisions.

Wellenbrecher said:
Arrows getting stuck mid air, horses riding through the bew boulders when coming inf rom certaina ngles and so on.
Armagan told him that this would be fixed with Warband. So if there's a Warband version of coming out you'll have your collisions.
i sure hope i wonder what the desert will look like when a compatible version will be realesed

Not sure if this has already been reported, or if there's some option in the video options I need to turn off to fix this little problem I have. What's happened for me, is that there are blurry sections on my screen, on the battlefield and the map. On the map, for example, the menu bar at the bottom, is completely blurred out. On the battlefield, there are random sections of the screen that go "in and out" of focus, blurring, and then focusing and becoming clear again. It seems as well that my own character blurs in and out of focus randomly as well.

If anyone knows the root of this problem, please let me know. I'm running Windows 7 and Mount and Blade in DirectX 9.

Thanks in advance for any help you can give me. This problem aside, the new landscapes look breathtaking!

This looks wonderful. Kudos to the mighty gutekfiutek!

About the whole tree collision thing; is it just the randomly generated trees that are non-collision, or does it apply to scene prop trees as well? Cheers

Laszlo said:
About the whole tree collision thing; is it just the randomly generated trees that are non-collision, or does it apply to scene prop trees as well?

Randomly generated trees get bugged collision mesh in MB, so gutek did not include collision at all, because it would be pointless - all his trees in a mod are used in random scenes.
Trees placed in an editor have correct collision mesh.

Bug should be fixed in WB AFAIK

a36112a834.jpg
d0b57f9a13.jpg

I combine this greatness with my Black Sky mod....its work without problems..
but  how can i incrase grass distance ...in the option everything at max...????

oguznord said:
but  how can i incrase grass distance ...in the option everything at max...????
Tweak color of ground types textures/ It's evident from shots that your grass is very different in color from underlying ground, thus creating abrupt threshold when it's no longer rendered

gutekfiutek said:
Polished Landscapes mod

Early test version.
This version have no collision for trees!

Gutekfiutek , Is it alright to use this in new mod,giving you credit please?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xta29hyQXZw

Gutekfiutek proszę możemy pobrać mody do rozwoju

Well, it's probably the best Landscape mod ever. I tend to use it on any other game mod and it has always worked so far.
I just tried Rus: XIII Century and it works just fine, but for some reason I now start getting CTDs with Runtime Error messages whenever I enter a Town/Village or start a battle.

Has anyone got an idea what causes it?

Excellent work here.  The textures are far superior to Native, and without any performance hit at all.  An "adventure" mod in a persistent world (no overland map) with these landscapes would be incredible.  It reminded me a bit of Gothic 2, but much better looking. 

Back
Top Bottom