Polished Landscapes test version [RELEASED]

Users who are viewing this thread

I have a problem that says that the xtree_meshes_b brf is corrupt, how do I solve this?

Can it be AVG that is behind it?

hope you can merge your polished buildings with your landscapes!

now the bad news, i think i would be easy to fix, but the small villages doesnt sell anything, and when you visit a village, you go to an empty city

Well, playing M&B with such landscapes could be a real christmas present  :lol:
The mod has minor errors (for example the misplaced character screen background) but i'm happy it gets along well with my graphics card.

I can't wait for a final version of Polished Landscapes + Polished Buildings + HDR mod + Dark Corners packed in a little installer. :smile:
Great work Gutekfiutek!!!  :grin:

saregona said:
Tried adding all the load_mod stuff, exactly as on the thread's 1st page, and I still get the same error.  :sad:

Tell me step by step how you put the files to your mod.. Let's me see if i can help you.. because i also get some error before..

Thanks to Ursca i managed to play this mod in warband. It was done without changing anything in data files, so it looks strange (lack of materials for new armours and stones - all are white, trees looks very strange - sometimes there are green trees with snow).

Anyone make it work with new warband models and maps?

mb1copy.jpg

mb14copy.jpg

mb16copy.jpg

mb2copy.jpg

mb5copy.jpg

mb7copy.jpg

mb10copy.jpg

Works great and it's beautiful. = D
You are an artist, Gutekfiutek!

saregona said:
Avernus said:
saregona said:
That'd be right, I can't get mine to work... *headdesk*

Perhaps someone might be able to tell me how to hack it into Warband? Like Ursca managed to do.
Actually mine didn't either, though it maybe Steam related in my case. In the end, I copied all the files that were to be written over into a new folder that I keep on my desktop in case of a need to restore them, and put the new stuff in my original install.

After that it worked, maybe worth a go for you to try.

Was this for Warband or for the vanilla M&B? I got it to work for the original game easily, it's just Warband that's giving me trouble...
Ah sorry, I didn't get access to Warband, this was just for vanilla.

Doesn't the HDR mode collid with yours? :d and does it matter if I install it after i've installed yours? + where's that Dark Corner mod? /thx :grin:

(In-Before "Use the search button nub") :sad:

Kleidophoros said:
Downloaded it but wont be able to try for sometime. How much of a FPS drop are we talking about here? can those who tried it give an answer?
I have not experienced any framerate drop in quick battles (wow, just wow).
Now I only want to know how to use PL with other mods.

installed fine, no slow down for me and have 2gig ram 1.8 processor and 500 meg graphics card

looks soooooooooooooooooo good in game

Well, I have to say this must be the single most impressive advance for M&B of all time, spent about 4 hours playing this afternoon, I love the large village scenes, and the sky is spectacular, some beautiful stuff there. Tried a lot of battles joined in some large 250v250 I have battlesizer on 165 and had no framerate drops whatsoever, in fact because of the soft pastel look of the landscapes I was actually getting better frame rates than the old look.
This brings M&B to 2009 game standards, this is what it should look like "out of the box" I went back to my old install to play a couple of mods and it really hurt my eyes to look at it, there's no going back, I mean really, I cant play the game without this now I hope all the modders include this in future releases. gutek, I take my hat off to you!
a few snaps of todays action
pol2.jpg
pol5.jpg
pol8.jpg
pol9.jpg
po13-1.jpg
pol1.jpg

When I start Mount&Blade since I installed the mod, I get the error:
Unable To Load Font Type

can anyone help me?

No need anymore
already fixed