Polished Landscapes test version [RELEASED]

Users who are viewing this thread

Jocularis

Regular
WB
ok, thanks, I will try with Polished Buildings too :grin:

Highelf, dont answer me: go to work on HUNT :razz: !!!!

edit: it doesnt work. Now nor the Native original and PL Test works :grin:. I reinstall WB. Someone that use steam has tried installing Polished?
 

Abhuva

Knight at Arms
WB
Jocularis said:
ok, thanks, I will try with Polished Buildings too :grin:

Highelf, dont answer me: go to work on HUNT :razz: !!!!

edit: it doesnt work. Now nor the Native original and PL Test works :grin:. I reinstall WB. Someone that use steam has tried installing Polished?

I was forced to use steam to get my activation (i was quite surprised cause i bought the cd from normal shop and i really dont like steam)... the next thing i did was just disable steam at all (make sure it doesnt start with windows, or just manually quit it) and used the normal download from taleworlds.
It works fine this way, your activation key from steam is recognized on the computer once u had installed the game via steam, and u dont need to use steam any further. Just use a new install from warband and all runs fine, no problem with 5 different copys on one system (and thats really important to have when you love to mod around =P )

BTW: Polished Landscapes isnt working perfect with Warband, i guess you know this mod was realeased for normal M&B, there are several bugs in warband, but its nice to test out for sure ( and i really hope to see the final version of this mod for warband)

Polished Buildings works quite nice, but you have to use the MS to install it properly, and i guess the final MS isnt out atm (the 1.105 version is still buggy) ... the only downside i had with this mod was that some materials arent recognized, got 3 red-error messages on game start, but beside of that all works quite nice.
 
Highelf said:
Stop using steam. :smile:


(Just backup warband - like you did - and install PL on the first install, the one which it does recognize, that should work.)
Abhuva said:
Jocularis said:
ok, thanks, I will try with Polished Buildings too :grin:

Highelf, dont answer me: go to work on HUNT :razz: !!!!

edit: it doesnt work. Now nor the Native original and PL Test works :grin:. I reinstall WB. Someone that use steam has tried installing Polished?

I was forced to use steam to get my activation (i was quite surprised cause i bought the cd from normal shop and i really dont like steam)... the next thing i did was just disable steam at all (make sure it doesnt start with windows, or just manually quit it) and used the normal download from taleworlds.
It works fine this way, your activation key from steam is recognized on the computer once u had installed the game via steam, and u dont need to use steam any further. Just use a new install from warband and all runs fine, no problem with 5 different copys on one system (and thats really important to have when you love to mod around =P )

BTW: Polished Landscapes isnt working perfect with Warband, i guess you know this mod was realeased for normal M&B, there are several bugs in warband, but its nice to test out for sure ( and i really hope to see the final version of this mod for warband)

Polished Buildings works quite nice, but you have to use the MS to install it properly, and i guess the final MS isnt out atm (the 1.105 version is still buggy) ... the only downside i had with this mod was that some materials arent recognized, got 3 red-error messages on game start, but beside of that all works quite nice.
avatar_23308.jpeg
 

othr

Master Knight
WB
When you get around to working on this again Gutek, can you please make a 'lite' version as well?  It looks beautiful but can cause crashes :smile:

The Warband engine can handle more vertices than M&B but will still crash often if you use too many.
 

Jocularis

Regular
WB
to GuteK: again thanks for your wonderful work, but perhaps in future It would be necessary to think on a mod solution compatible with Steam.

I mean: Steam creates a "common" folder where there are all games. In M&B there is still the "Module" folder, so it is important that you create a whole module PL to put in that folder, if not with Steam it doesn works... and a lot of people had the game from Steam.
 

Servitor

Sergeant Knight at Arms
M&BWB
Now - fog.
Fog have different color every hour, also random distance (modified sometimes).
In every mission in module_mission_templates.py you need to add this script (once again thanks to Slawomir):
This means you have to use the module system to get the mod fully functional? Or is this only if you are trying to mod the mod into your own mod?

O.0 I used the word mod 3 times?
 

Cassial

Veteran
Could anyone possibly post the original resource/texture folders from Warband .113?

I forgot to make backups and some of the oddities of the mod are getting annoying.
 

Adorno

Bedroom Assassin
Archduke
WBNWM&BVC
But they would just be empty folders :neutral:

Unless of course you put them in the main Warband directory Textures and Resource folders. God forbid.
Easier to just download the game again then.
 

othr

Master Knight
WB
I love your landscapes Gutek, port it to Warband sir, pretty please!  And if you're over 18 I'll mail you a 24-pack of the best brew they make here :smile:

 

grandmabutch

Recruit
I am new to Mount and Blade and I have no idea how to install the Polished Landscapes Mod. Do i just move the file into the modules folder. Or do i put it into the data folder. I am using version 1.003. Any response is appreciated.
 

Wellenbrecher

Trümmerfrau
Archduke
WBM&BVC
No need for 1.003.
First thing: Install 1.011.
Then follow the instruction in the .txt, that's all.

You can find the instructions on the repository site as well.
 

grandmabutch

Recruit
Yeah i did all that but when i run the game it says cannot find sound file as it loads the ini. files at startup. Should i just redownload the mod.
 

jericel123

Recruit
excuse my I'm new here but i just wanna find out if this is compatible for warband? if it isn't is there any other way for this to work in warband?
 

wanderer949

Master Knight
I cant wait for the warband version, with collision. I'm tempted to add this one but no Ill wait for the warband/collision one.  :grin:
some things are worth waiting for, Id happily pay for this mod actually, its brilliant. great job!!
 

jericel123

Recruit
wanderer949 said:
I cant wait for the warband version, with collision. I'm tempted to add this one but no Ill wait for the warband/collision one.  :grin:
some things are worth waiting for, Id happily pay for this mod actually, its brilliant. great job!!

Whats Collision is it a nice feature?
 

wanderer949

Master Knight
jericel123 said:
wanderer949 said:
I cant wait for the warband version, with collision. I'm tempted to add this one but no Ill wait for the warband/collision one.  :grin:
some things are worth waiting for, Id happily pay for this mod actually, its brilliant. great job!!

Whats Collision is it a nice feature?

well the current version you run through the trees (no collision, cavalry runs through everything)
the warband version, I hope if one is being made, will have collision i hope.
(youll have to go around the trees, cav wont be so advantaged, and youll be able to hide from archers in a thick forest.)
 

jericel123

Recruit
wanderer949 said:
jericel123 said:
wanderer949 said:
I cant wait for the warband version, with collision. I'm tempted to add this one but no Ill wait for the warband/collision one.  :grin:
some things are worth waiting for, Id happily pay for this mod actually, its brilliant. great job!!

Whats Collision is it a nice feature?

well the current version you run through the trees (no collision, cavalry runs through everything)
the warband version, I hope if one is being made, will have collision i hope.
(youll have to go around the trees, cav wont be so advantaged, and youll be able to hide from archers in a thick forest.)

but are you sure we can wait for a warband version what if there isnt?
 
Top Bottom