B Native Other Polished Landscapes [RELEASED][news pg. 19]

Users who are viewing this thread

Charan said:
Hey gutek!

I really admire your work so I decided to upload my compliation of skyboxes for you :grin: I hope that some of them might interest you

DOWNLOAD:
http://www.sendspace.com/file/00hjli

The package contain:
- 4 skyboxes of clear sky
- 5 skyboxes of night
- 15 skyboxes of clouded sky
- 8 skyboxes of sunsers

All put in 1 BRF and ready to use(did not add skyboxes.txt tho)

I hope some of them will interest you, and you use them to improve your polished landscapes!

Here's a screenshot :razz:. Aha i powodzenia!

Can anybody re-upload this amazing file?  :sad:

Thanks, Im going to give a try to Delzaros adjusted module :smile:

EDIT: is there any way to keep the default trees in the world map, while having the mod trees on battlefields and towns?

Currently have little time to make adjusted versions for ppl unfortunatly.
My apolagies for that, I find little spare time because other things take priority.

I wanted to note that there is an issue with the hosting of the download website which means it will be down for some time.
How long is currently unknown but I'm trying to get my hosting admin to work on it asap.

Has anybody else the problem, that "grass", "grass_steppe" and "grass_bush" appear without texture in game?
I searched the CommonRes and teh Module Resource for it, but couldn't find it. Simply adding it to grass_meshes.brf didn't help either.

It is a mistery to me. Like those meshes doesn't even exist.

When I last took a look at the BRF's and textures it was a complete mystery to me aswell. Desert.dds existed but the meshes for desert borders din't exist.
Which was the cause why the desert borders weren't showing up.
In edit mode some grass/bushes will show white, without texture.
Be sure you are playing with edit mode off.
There are some plants that only show in edit mode aswell, however they have no collission and I have no idea as to why they only show in edit mode.

EDIT: I'm still alive, currently awaiting the well anticipated Bannerlord. :grin:

HI CAN YOU or some please reupload  the  - Native with PB and Native with PB+PL (+gutekfiutek's Polished Landscapes with Delzaros fixes).

thanks,.

i really need polished buildings better is i can have the  SendmySmile version

Does anyone know why some of the trees are looking like this and how I can fix it?

mb-600.jpg

Finally got to the bottom of this myself.

This was the entry for that tree in flora_kinds:

tree_new_3 17184066572 2
tree_c01  bo_tree_c01
Elysian_Fields GateKeeper
tree_c02  bo_tree_c02

tree_c01 is not in Polished Landscapes, it's in Native. However, PL overrides the texture it uses so it looks wrong.
I guess I could take the texture from native, add them to PL under a different name, then apply them to the model, but I'm not sure how to do that.
Instead I just changed the entry to a different tree altogether, one from PL. I think tree_c_1. It looks ok.

Just out of interest, does anyone know what "Elysian_Fields GateKeeper" refers to?
Some of the flora_kinds files have this, but some just have "0 0". Doesn't seem to make much difference either way.

Vershner said:
Finally got to the bottom of this myself.

This was the entry for that tree in flora_kinds:

tree_new_3 17184066572 2
tree_c01  bo_tree_c01
tree_c02  bo_tree_c02

tree_c01 is not in Polished Landscapes, it's in Native. However, PL overrides the texture it uses so it looks wrong.
I guess I could take the texture from native, add them to PL under a different name, then apply them to the model, but I'm not sure how to do that.
Instead I just changed the entry to a different tree altogether, one from PL. I think tree_c_1. It looks ok.

Just out of interest, does anyone know what "Elysian_Fields GateKeeper" refers to?
Some of the flora_kinds files have this, but some just have "0 0". Doesn't seem to make much difference either way.

Thank you for sharing your fix with the community.  I have no idea about teh Gatekeeper thing.

Thnx for you contribution Vershner. I'll try open up a spot in my schedule to attend to this mod once again and apply your fix aswell.
If anyone else noticed any other problem or anything else please don't hesitate to notify it here.

Sorry, I was at work when I posted that and was getting the mesh name from memory, but I got it wrong. It was actually tree_5_a and b that I used.

Here is the replacement entry:

tree_new_3 17184066572 2
tree_5_a  bo_tree_5_a
tree_5_b  bo_tree_5_b

These trees are found in Vaegir territory, particularly Rivacheg.

I expect tree_new_1 & 2 will also have similar problems, but I haven't noticed them in-game yet.

Does anybody know how to get in touch with gutekfiutek, i wonna use Polished landscape for a mod, but he was last online on in 2012 so i assume sending him a message here wont help me?

wiener_snitzel said:
Does anybody know how to get in touch with gutekfiutek, i wonna use Polished landscape for a mod, but he was last online on in 2012 so i assume sending him a message here wont help me?

Do you want to contact him to get permission to use PL or for some other reason?  As far as I know, permission is given so long as you give appropriate credit.

Redleg said:
wiener_snitzel said:

Do you want to contact him to get permission to use PL or for some other reason?  As far as I know, permission is given so long as you give appropriate credit.

Just want to ask permisson to use since that what it said in the readme.txt that i had to do. :smile:

I found two tree groups that used textures belonging to tree_e and tree_f of PL but that were meant to be used with Native's textures. In this particular case, instead of fixing PL, i decided to modify native's to fit PL, which will permanently make any modifications to PL compatible with Natives (that means that you will have to modify native if you want to change several textures that will override the fixes).

To fix this issue, open OpenBRF, and open tree_e_meshes.brf in the CommonRes Folder. Any models that will have tree_e or tree_f as its material are affected by this problem. Next go to the texture folder, and copy and paste tree_e.dds and tree_f.dds in the same folder and rename them to tree_e_orig.dds and tree_f_orig.dds respectively. Still with OpenBRF open, click on Material, and then click on Import --> New Material, and select the two *_orig.dds files. The first thing that you will have to know is that these two files are now "new", and thus, will need some values edited. Edit the Shader to be flora_shader, the Spec RGB to be 0.000, 0.000, 0.000, the Coeff: 1.000, and the Flags: 8002744. Now the materials are done. Click on back, save it nonetheless, and type in the new material name in the material tab for each entity. Obviously any materials with tree_e will be renamed to tree_e_orig, and any materials with tree_f to tree_f_orig. Save and quit this file. The next part took me ages to figure out, and that was because I was a complete idiot. Open textures.brf and Import --> Import Texture --> Select the two *_orig.dds files. Save this file as well.

Once I get my Imgur to load, I will be posting pictures of before and after the fix... If I remember to  :lol: :lol:

Back
Top Bottom