B Native Other Polished Landscapes [RELEASED][news pg. 19]

Users who are viewing this thread

Pretty sure I have the mod installed right, seems to be working just fine on the battlefields but this mod is doing some really weird stuff to the settlements with objects floating in the air in the taverns and inside of castles. Is anybody else experiencing this? I also installed the particle 2 fix so that's not the problem. 

I tried adding this to my Diplomacy Module. I'm sure I followed all the instructions to the letter, I get this error while loading the game:

get_object failed for body: bo_bushes07_a

Any help is appreciated. Thank you for your time.

Cheers,

~Merc88

I really hate posting problems but this time ill make a exception as i have no idea whats wrong  :???:, Ive added this to my prophesy of pendor and changed the module.ini to the correct specifications, i DONT CTD when playing the game but when looking at the sky, its pitch black even in day so I'm guessing  there something wrong with the sky mesh's, i receive the message get_object failed for mesh: skybox_clear_01 and skybox_cloud_13 here's an image to clarify what I'm talking about  :cry:
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/148/mbwarband20110807214405.png/
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/204/mbwarband20110807214411.png/

any help would be appreciated, thank you in advance.

Jsfranco95 said:
I really hate posting problems but this time ill make a exception as i have no idea whats wrong  :???:, Ive added this to my prophesy of pendor and changed the module.ini to the correct specifications, i DONT CTD when playing the game but when looking at the sky, its pitch black even in day so I'm guessing  there something wrong with the sky mesh's, i receive the message get_object failed for mesh: skybox_clear_01 and skybox_cloud_13 here's an image to clarify what I'm talking about  :cry:
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/148/mbwarband20110807214405.png/
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/204/mbwarband20110807214411.png/

any help would be appreciated, thank you in advance.
Hmm looks normal to me...

Senag2 said:
Scenes Workaround
for main Polished textures NOT alternative with less trees.

Since it was becoming a wee bit annoying and gamebreaking at parts I took it upon myself to fix town/village/castle scenes for the mod. This is by no means a permanent solution and I may have missed stuff but I think it'll do for now. The problem is that if you used native scenes with the mod, because the mod changes certain bushes and rocks into tree clusters, it makes a wonderful mess of things in village/town/castle scenes. Therefore I have deleted the trees that intersected with walls and objects and blocked paths in scene quests, all of them or at least I think I did :smile:

Download link: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=CMTXRHRV

NOTE: Make sure you download the particles_2 file (1st page) and overwrite the one in resource folder to get rid of rock error messages.

INSTRUCTIONS
1. Download the mod.
2. Place flora_kinds.txt and ground_specs.txt from PL_warband archive into \Mount&Blade Warband\Modules\ Mod name \Data folder
3. Copy Brf files from \Modules\Polished_Landscapes\Resource to Modules\ Mod name \Resource
4. Copy textures  from \Modules\Polished_Landscapes\Textures to Modules\ Mod name \Textures
5. Download the ScenesObj archive above.
6. Extract it into the ScenesObj folder of your module.

In module.ini add
load_mod_resource = env_materials
load_mod_resource = map_tree_meshes
load_mod_resource = particle_meshes
load_mod_resource = tree_meshes
load_mod_resource = xtree_meshes
load_mod_resource = grass_meshes
load_mod_resource = plant_meshes
load_mod_resource = xtree_meshes_b
load_mod_resource = xtree_meshes_c
load_mod_resource = grass_meshes_b
load_mod_resource = tree_e_meshes
load_mod_resource = terrain_borders
load_mod_resource = particles_2

And  change these lines (hyphen comments them out):

#load_resource = map_tree_meshes
#load_resource = particle_meshes
#load_resource = tree_meshes
#load_resource = xtree_meshes
#load_resource = grass_meshes
#load_resource = plant_meshes
#load_resource = xtree_meshes_b
#load_resource = xtree_meshes_c
#load_resource = grass_meshes_b
#load_resource = tree_e_meshes
#load_resource = terrain_borders
#load_resource = particles_2
Thank you so much, this worked perfectly (at-least in all the taverns and castles Ive seen so far). If i could +rep you i would.

Edit: actually at the Tavern in Jelkala there are some unusual decorations, but thats all :razz:
2011080700.jpg

Hey so ive installed the mod and it works fine, i was just wondering if there was a way to pass over my native save game to the polished landscapes module. I tried adding the lines of code to the native .ini but the trees/bushes/grass were sometimes upside down or hovering off the ground. Any help would be appreciated. I already tried moving my save game into polished landscapes and it gave me an error:

"Load Error: Number of triggers in file: 25, exceeds 24"

Is my save game corrupted now? Because i can't load it in native anymore either.

SmeHRt said:
Hey so ive installed the mod and it works fine, i was just wondering if there was a way to pass over my native save game to the polished landscapes module. I tried adding the lines of code to the native .ini but the trees/bushes/grass were sometimes upside down or hovering off the ground. Any help would be appreciated. I already tried moving my save game into polished landscapes and it gave me an error:

"Load Error: Number of triggers in file: 25, exceeds 24"

Is my save game corrupted now? Because i can't load it in native anymore either.
Do this:

Caba`drin said:
Flyboyz117 said:
I'm also having the error of the "number of triggers in file: 25, exceeds 24". I copy and pasted my save file from native into "Battle Time" Mod. Is there any way to fix other than reinstalling the game?

This happens if you are taking a save from a module based on version 1.142+ and trying to open it in a module made for 1.134 (or earlier).
Do the following:
Caba`drin said:
Caba`drin said:
my guess is it is complaining about the number of triggers? If that is the case, open up the "triggers.txt" file in your module folder. Change the number at the top (24) to 25. Scroll to the very bottom of the file and add the following on its own line:
Code:
360.000000 0.000000 0.000000  0  0
Save and then try to open up your save again.

Make a backup of triggers.txt before you do so, of course.

-snip-

Nevermind, theres a number of things I cant get working. beautiful mod but its just not worth the trouble :sad:

I have a simple enough question...how do I get this mod working? :mrgreen:

Every time I tried installing it it did not work, the instructions are confusing to say the least, though I think I've done what exactly as they say, still, every time I install the mod it just looks messed up.

This is how it looks like
117455397-3.jpg

117455713-3.jpg

This is from Prophesy of Pendor by the way, I managed to fix that by asking someone to upload their ini file, and so they did, i replaced the ini and it worked fine, I'm only using this screenshots because they are already uploaded, however current problem I have is with vanilla, I want to have polished landscapes mainly in multiplayer.

Anyway, could someone who's using PL in vanilla c/p their .ini file here, I think that would solve the problems, thanks in advance :smile:

I also get an error while trying to play POP...

: get_object failed for mesh: prt_mesh_yrellow_leaf_a

Im almost a 100% sure i did everything right, i double checked twice but it didnt seem to help :/

EDIT :  I fixed it, i downloaded OpenBRF from taleworlds forum .

Step 1. Open the OpenBRF exe, go to warband file then to the folder> commonres and open Particles_2 search for the missing file, export it to wherever you want.
Step 2. Open the particles_2 in the pop resources folder import the missing file, in this case "prt_mesh_yrellow_leaf_a" exit and save the changes, double check that the file is there, then start POP and it should work with no problems ! Hope this helps anyone.

*bump*

"Anyway, could someone who's using PL in vanilla c/p their .ini file here, I think that would solve the problems, thanks in advance "

Anyone?

okay so Polished_Landscapes work but I want it in native for the multiplayer

Alright, got it.

I managed to get it working in vanilla SP, even MP for that matter, but like you said, causes problems since others don't have the trees, the game instantly crashes.

Nevermind, got it back to wait it were, just happy it's concluded.

Thanks Adorno :smile:

reiksmarshal said:
Pretty sure I have the mod installed right, seems to be working just fine on the battlefields but this mod is doing some really weird stuff to the settlements with objects floating in the air in the taverns and inside of castles. Is anybody else experiencing this? I also installed the particle 2 fix so that's not the problem.

This and..

RaphaelJara said:
ok another thing, sorry again.

I have been reading the thread for a long time here and still didnt find fixes for the invisible horses bug, can anyone give me a hand here please?

This..

Anyone pinpoint where the problem lies?

Oh, and  I'm new to the boards. Been lurking for a year or so but just downloaded this beautiful mod yesterday.
Great job! Now if I could only get my Swadian Men-at-Arms to stop hovering and get a damn horse :wink:

EDIT: Never mind! I read the thread found this: http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,129716.msg3126844.html#msg3126844
Any one else having the problem using Diplomacy, follow the link.

One other thing though. I skimmed through the entire thread and searched the topic, it was mentioned a few times but.. the palm trees on the campaignmap, is it possible to replace the PL trees in the desert with vanilla seeing as they changed into birches and regular trees. Not very appealing.

Adorno said:
YourStepDad said:
okay so Polished_Landscapes work but I want it in native for the multiplayer
That could cause some issues if others don't use PL, I expect.
You might have trees and rocks in places others don't.

A thought just came to me, could I install that older version of Polished Landscapes? That with no collision with trees, meaning they are just aesthetic, you can pass trough them?

Would that work in multiplayer?

If you're asking about me trying to install older version of PL for multi - nope, it didn't work.

latest version works fine though. however can't play multi with it :/

Back
Top Bottom