B Native Other Polished Landscapes [RELEASED][news pg. 19]

Users who are viewing this thread

Could you plase explain a little how did you make this work with diplomacy and 1.127 path, i tryed yesterday with no success, my game crashed on the loading screen.

Thanks a lot, and congratulations to the makers of this mod, it really looks great on the screenshots

Get the latest Diplomacy and Mount&Blade patch. That is 2.7.1 and 1.127. Then get Polished Landscapes and the error fixing patch for it too. Then follow this.
Tip: To remove commands from the module.ini just put an # in front of the line.
Example:
#load_resource = map_tree_meshes
Install game to another folder!!
IMPORTANT - place flora_kinds.txt and ground_specs.txt from PL_warband archive into \Mount&Blade Warband\Modules\Diplomacy\Data folder
Copy Brf files from \Modules\Polished_Landscapes\Resource to Modules\Diplomacy\Resource
Copy textures  from \Modules\Polished_Landscapes\Textures to Modules\Diplomacy\Textures
Copy *.sco  files from \Modules\Polished_Landscapes\SceneObj to \Modules\Diplomacy\SceneObj

In module.ini add
load_mod_resource = env_materials
load_mod_resource = map_tree_meshes
load_mod_resource = particle_meshes
load_mod_resource = tree_meshes
load_mod_resource = xtree_meshes
load_mod_resource = grass_meshes
load_mod_resource = plant_meshes
load_mod_resource = xtree_meshes_b
load_mod_resource = xtree_meshes_c
load_mod_resource = grass_meshes_b
load_mod_resource = tree_e_meshes
load_mod_resource = terrain_borders
load_mod_resource = particles_2

And delete lines:

load_resource = map_tree_meshes
load_resource = particle_meshes
load_resource = tree_meshes
load_resource = xtree_meshes
load_resource = grass_meshes
load_resource = plant_meshes
load_resource = xtree_meshes_b
load_resource = xtree_meshes_c
load_resource = grass_meshes_b
load_resource = tree_e_meshes
load_resource = terrain_borders
load_resource = particles_2
Install the patch to the Resource folder. Load up you m&b .exe, select diplomacy and play.

Count Edmundus said:
Get the latest diplomacy and mount&blade patch. That is 2.7.1 and 1.127. Then get Polished landscapes nad the patch for it too. Then follow this.
To add this to any mod:
Install game to another folder!!
IMPORTANT - place flora_kinds.txt and ground_specs.txt from PL_warband archive into \Mount&Blade Warband\Modules\ Mod name \Data folder
Copy Brf files from \Modules\Polished_Landscapes\Resource to Modules\ Mod name \Resource
Copy textures  from \Modules\Polished_Landscapes\Textures to Modules\ Mod name \Textures
Copy *.sco  files from \Modules\Polished_Landscapes\SceneObj to \Modules\ Mod name \SceneObj

In module.ini add

And delete change these lines:

#load_resource = particle_meshes
#load_resource = tree_meshes
#load_resource = xtree_meshes
#load_resource = grass_meshes
#load_resource = plant_meshes
#load_resource = xtree_meshes_b
#load_resource = xtree_meshes_c
#load_resource = grass_meshes_b
#load_resource = tree_e_meshes
#load_resource = terrain_borders
#load_resource = particles_2
Install the patch to the Resource folder.

Fixed the instructions for you..... the # comments out the line so it does not work, so if for some reason you have to revert you can do so easily....

Scenes Workaround
for main Polished textures NOT alternative with less trees.

Since it was becoming a wee bit annoying and gamebreaking at parts I took it upon myself to fix town/village/castle scenes for the mod. This is by no means a permanent solution and I may have missed stuff but I think it'll do for now. The problem is that if you used native scenes with the mod, because the mod changes certain bushes and rocks into tree clusters, it makes a wonderful mess of things in village/town/castle scenes. Therefore I have deleted the trees that intersected with walls and objects and blocked paths in scene quests, all of them or at least I think I did :smile:

Download link: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=CMTXRHRV

NOTE: Make sure you download the particles_2 file (1st page) and overwrite the one in resource folder to get rid of rock error messages.

INSTRUCTIONS
1. Download the mod.
2. Place flora_kinds.txt and ground_specs.txt from PL_warband archive into \Mount&Blade Warband\Modules\ Mod name \Data folder
3. Copy Brf files from \Modules\Polished_Landscapes\Resource to Modules\ Mod name \Resource
4. Copy textures  from \Modules\Polished_Landscapes\Textures to Modules\ Mod name \Textures
5. Download the ScenesObj archive above.
6. Extract it into the ScenesObj folder of your module.

In module.ini add

And  change these lines (hyphen comments them out):

#load_resource = particle_meshes
#load_resource = tree_meshes
#load_resource = xtree_meshes
#load_resource = grass_meshes
#load_resource = plant_meshes
#load_resource = xtree_meshes_b
#load_resource = xtree_meshes_c
#load_resource = grass_meshes_b
#load_resource = tree_e_meshes
#load_resource = terrain_borders
#load_resource = particles_2

Oyclo said:
Invisible barrier which I think is due to the skeleton below, full sized for ease of viewing, note the arrows suck in the 'air'

invisible.jpg

Is the random skeleton lying on the ground part of the mod? Or is my question just now incredibly stupid? I want random skeletons!  :mad:

Hmm it seems I may have a problem  :eek: When I boot up native it crashes screaming "get_object falied for body:bo_bushes07_a" Of course that must have to do with the added files from PL under Warband\data correct? Is this normal? See I didn't run native 1.127 at all, I just went and downloaded PL so I don't have any idea if it was already corrupted or not. I've done lots of modding and tweaks however never to my Native file. It may be time for a complete reinstall just in case something went wrong in there.

I also got the error but only if i tried to launch it with diplomacy. The error didn't occur after i got patch 1.127 and the diplomacy patch 2.7.1. And yeah do a reinstall, that would help.

Brennenderopa said:
Oyclo said:
Invisible barrier which I think is due to the skeleton below, full sized for ease of viewing, note the arrows suck in the 'air'

invisible.jpg

Is the random skeleton lying on the ground part of the mod? Or is my question just now incredibly stupid? I want random skeletons!  :mad:

You'll have some in this mod:smile:
If you want more i can find out what you need to change in flora_kinds.txt.

I think a few are enough, otherwise the effect would lessen :wink:

I must have messed up something, when I try to leave the scene after the initial talk with the merchant, the game crashes to desktop. I might have to look further into this, the mod really looks nice.

Since it was becoming a wee bit annoying and gamebreaking at parts I took it upon myself to fix town/village/castle scenes for the mod. This is by no means a permanent solution and I may have missed stuff but I think it'll do for now. The problem is that if you used native scenes with the mod, because the mod changes certain bushes and rocks into tree clusters, it makes a wonderful mess of things in village/town/castle scenes. Therefore I have deleted the trees that intersected with walls and objects and blocked paths in scene quests, all of them or at least I think I did :smile:

This solved my problems with taverns and entering cities. I had an issue where I was attacked by bandits as I entered Veluca. The landscape was a mess with buildings half into the ground. I could not kill the bandits nor they me and so I was stuck. This fixed that.

So Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom