B Native Other Polished Landscapes [RELEASED][news pg. 19]

Users who are viewing this thread

I have noticed a strange bug with the auto-generated bushes in some village-scenes (namely Aldelen), i have grass distance at maximum, so i come closer to those bushes and they appear, but when i come even closer they disappear again (looks like lod0 isnt showing for them, but thats just a guess). Didnt test this with hand-placed bushes (cause i cant click them in edit-mode to get the right-name of the mesh - thats why i think its a auto-generated flora).
I am using 1.126 version with fixed particle_2.brf (normal native module with mod installed like mentioned in the second install option)

It works perfectly fine, love the almost no performance hit thing.  I remember in M&B your mod had a significant impact on performance but in WB it seems to work very well.

Love the cavalry traps too :smile:

I do not post often on these forums but when i seen this mod and loaded it up on my game i had to come back and say....... Thanks!!! This is without a doubt the best graphics mod i've tried so far, you have a great taste when selecting your fauna.

I did have a problem at first however with your instructions when merging with another mod just to test.. I wasn't sure where to put exactly the load_module_resource at in the module.ini file. at first i just pasted it in the beginning of chunk where the load_resource lines start, and deleted all ones you say to delete, however that gave me crash/errors when i tried to start. For heck of it, i moved all the load_module_resource lines you advise to add all way towards bottom before "works with version, etc" lines. and game now runs and works, although i do get 1 error in red at loading screen about not can't find ground rocks A or something.  Is there a specific ryme or reason to order of which you load the resources? It seems to be since i couldn't start game at all when all i did was simply shift those commands down.

Other then that. Thanks!!

EDIT: haha, and othr from 1257 mod i was testing this in posted almost same time i did :smile:.

Its even better when you set
map_min_x  = -255.000000
map_max_x  =  255.000000
map_min_y  = -255.000000
map_max_y  =  255.000000
in your module.ini :>.
It was damn crazy when I was figthing 100vs400 rhodoks crossbows with my cavalary and they had respawn point on a damn huge mountain with 60+ degree slope and a mass of trees below :>. The only way to get to them was to ride from top of mountain ^^.

I got a mission from King Ragnar to meet the spy in the Rhodok town of Yalen, but when I managed to sneak in there, the town seemed to be slightly out of place i.e. water located where it shouldn't be, left part of the town floating about 2 meters from the ground. Anything to do with this mod or could that be something else?

Lecter said:
I got a mission from King Ragnar to meet the spy in the Rhodok town of Yalen, but when I managed to sneak in there, the town seemed to be slightly out of place i.e. water located where it shouldn't be, left part of the town floating about 2 meters from the ground. Anything to do with this mod or could that be something else?

Seems that Warband PL uses old scene files of 1.011, but not works very well. The same problem with Jelkala, Veluca, Tihr, etc.
PS. (to gutek) Maybe palms as map trees in desert looks better than others :smile:

I just started a new game, and can also confirm that things are out of place in the Rhodok towns at least. Even objects were floating in the tavern. It rendered the starting mission impossible to complete as there was an enemy somewhere that was impossible to find (likely trapped somewhere). A few suicide jumps let me finish the mission though!

Apart from that, this is great. Thank you!

xat said:
Hmmm any plans for future 1.126 compatibility? As there are some screwed up towns/villages and insides of taverns/castles.
Besides that mod works fine in 1.126.
Maybe native sceneobj files for those selected towns/villages would work ?

Ok for ppl with 1.126 and screwed up towns and villages/taverns etc.
For the time being just put the native Sceneobj folder files in your mod folder files. This way you can have beautiful textures of this addon and "normal" towns villages. Maybe beside few trees growing here and there on towns pathways :smile:.
Ruthven said:
Just copy over the random_scene_X.sco files from PL's SceneObj folder.

Thats all you need.
For 1.126 bugs read page 19.

Ah, okay.  :oops: I didn't read back any further than page 19, and rereading them all now, it's still all pretty confusing!

gutekfiutek said:
Instag0 said:
gutekfiutek said:
I changed files in folder \Modules\Polished_Landscapes\SceneObj  because old village/town/castle scenes were messed up (as I completely changed tree models).
If mod modify files in this folder - scenes will be messed up, because they need to be made with PL working.
I noticed slow Edit mode and many crashes - but I don't know if it work better with native Warband.

I don't exactly understand what you're saying. Are you planning to fix them? Do you recommend just using the Native scenes instead?

They are fixed already (ones in my mod).
It's just when *.sco are replaced by  ones from other mods or native - there are problems.

So... wait... That doesn't seem to be case, at least for me. I'm not using PL with any other mod, and the scenes are still broken. And I haven't replaced any *.sco files.

xat said:
xat said:
Hmmm any plans for future 1.126 compatibility? As there are some screwed up towns/villages and insides of taverns/castles.
Besides that mod works fine in 1.126.
Maybe native sceneobj files for those selected towns/villages would work ?

Ok for ppl with 1.126 and screwed up towns and villages/taverns etc.
For the time being just put the native Sceneobj folder files in your mod folder files. This way you can have beautiful textures of this addon and "normal" towns villages. Maybe beside few trees growing here and there on towns pathways :smile:.
Ruthven said:
Just copy over the random_scene_X.sco files from PL's SceneObj folder.

Thats all you need.
For 1.126 bugs read page 19.

And these two quotes seem to contradict each other! Should I use PL's .sco files or native's??? *edit: ahh, I get it now. Nevermind that :p

oguznord said:
i get object failed for texture: bushes    when i use this for another mod...i add all stuffs  in first page ...

Has anyone found a fix for this?  It's crashing for me as well.

I'm using the patch, as well.

The random trees spawn everywhere in the persistant world mod, making the map hard to navigate in some places, and the rocks under the green castle are invisible. Is it possible you can release a persistant world compatible mod, because it looks absolutely incredible and I really want to use this.

COGlory said:
oguznord said:
i get object failed for texture: bushes    when i use this for another mod...i add all stuffs  in first page ...

I have this same problem as well. It reads: RGL ERROR: get_object failed for texture: bushes

Followed the directions to try and get it to work in another mod, using the latest patch, put in the fix for it as well. What gives?

ThePutty said:
The random trees spawn everywhere in the persistant world mod, making the map hard to navigate in some places, and the rocks under the green castle are invisible. Is it possible you can release a persistant world compatible mod, because it looks absolutely incredible and I really want to use this.

Ugh why don't you do it yourself man. Gutek is busy with Polished buildings and minor fixes of Polished Landscapes, so I doubt he will waste his time to do his mod literally from a scratch(landscapes, scenes- coz adding object is not hard)

Charan said:
ThePutty said:

Ugh why don't you do it yourself man. Gutek is busy with Polished buildings and minor fixes of Polished Landscapes, so I doubt he will waste his time to do his mod literally from a scratch(landscapes, scenes- coz adding object is not hard)

I would if I knew how

RGL error some unable to load bo_city_swad or something. Worked well with the PL module but errors with diplomacy. Not for me i guess. Because of the Rhodok town problems too. Also the spruce trees showing up in the deserts and the deserts have no borders. Its like the end of the world at the end of the desert terrain.

Edit: Another RGL error with bushes

COGlory said:
oguznord said:

I tried  2 different mod for polished landscapes
one of the Black Sky mod...its work perfect with first start
one of the 1257ad ....first time i aplied ini changes i get Bushes error....and i reinstall mod and open it with original flora and ground text and than it works
and i return new flora text and i play now witout problem!! its to weird !!!!!! at last everyone must add Warband Skybox pack OSP mentioned at preview post

oguznord said:
COGlory said:
oguznord said:

I tried  2 different mod for polished landscapes
one of the Black Sky mod...its work perfect with first start
one of the 1257ad ....first time i aplied ini changes i get Bushes error....and i reinstall mod and open it with original flora and ground text and than it works
and i return new flora text and i play now witout problem!! its to weird !!!!!! at last everyone must add Warband Skybox pack OSP mentioned at preview post

I had this problem too with 1257. Eventually fixed it by being very careful in editing the module.ini and by redownloading the PL mod.

Back
Top Bottom