B Native Other Polished Landscapes [RELEASED][news pg. 19]

Users who are viewing this thread

gutekfiutek said:
I just played native Warband for a while (to compare it with PL) and my eyes almost exploded:grin:
How you can even play it?:razz:
The first thing I do when reinstalling Warband is replacing the textures so I don't know :razz: Even when Warband was first released I had a texture pack from the previous one that I immediately threw in after a few minutes of play. Which brings me to what I really wanted to say. Ever since I first saw PL I thought your work is amazing and now, nearly completed, I know it is so. I'd like to thank you so very much for making Warband look the way it should have. Also I hope your Polished Buildings project will be finalized, it was amazing too. Congratulations and keep up your outstanding work!

gutekfiutek said:
I just played native Warband for a while (to compare it with PL) and my eyes almost exploded:grin:
This would be interesting to analyse & report performance/fps PL <-> Native.
And how optimisations, optimised forests, and free highpoly models, impact on it.

People are going to hate me, but... take your time, don't buckle under pressure. Your work deserve a polished release as well.

Gutek, I asked this after seeing those sexy Rhod buildings.
Are you gonna re-do the village buildings too or just the town ones?
Also, if you do, will they be lumped into PL, or get their own seperate pack?

DaBlade said:
Charan said:
Hey gutek!

I really admire your work so I decided to upload my compliation of skyboxes for you :grin: I hope that some of them might interest you

DOWNLOAD:
http://www.sendspace.com/file/00hjli

The package contain:
- 4 skyboxes of clear sky
- 5 skyboxes of night
- 15 skyboxes of clouded sky
- 8 skyboxes of sunsers

All put in 1 BRF and ready to use(did not add skyboxes.txt tho)

I hope some of them will interest you, and you use them to improve your polished landscapes!

Here's a screenshot :razz:. Aha i powodzenia!

More stuff from cgtextures.com.

Maybe it's just me, but I think the least you could do would be to read the "CGTextures License", specially this part:

When selling or redistributing a 3D model bundled with textures from CGTextures please add the following text in the documentation accompanying the model:

"One or more textures on this 3D model have been created with images from CGTextures.com. These images may not be redistributed by default, please visit www.cgtextures.com for more information."

I believe releasing a mod to public using those textures falls under the "redistributing" part.

EDIT: I didn't download your "compliation", so I don't know if you included that text. I apologise in case you did. I know your intentions are good, but I get the feeling some of you guys don't pay attention... You don't want to get gutek in trouble, do you?

um nah im not selling it nor redistributing yet. It was just a quick upload for gutek, when i release it as OSP I plan to add a readme file with credits etc, so don't worry :razz:

Charan said:
um nah im not selling it nor redistributing yet. It was just a quick upload for gutek, when i release it as OSP I plan to add a readme file with credits etc, so don't worry :razz:

Yeah, I know. But gutek wouldn't know about it unless he's already a registered user at cgtextures.com, that's why I took the time to post the source of those textures :wink:

Probably not a big deal, but why risk the chance of getting in trouble, know what I mean? Plus, give credit where credit is due is always the way to go in my opinion.

Of course.

Anyways we agreed that Skybox pack will be just a separate addon for Polished Landscapes. Im currently adjusting all skyboxes from my pack and doing some tweaks. Don't worry i'll include all credits and stuff ;] Thanks for your concern tho

Look at page 1...

plwar34.jpg

plwar36.jpg

plwar35.jpg

Went ahead and moved this to the Caravanserai. If you still want to make a clean release thread, just post it in the Pioneer's guild and I'll just swap them around.

Happy times! Pretty Warband go go! :smile:

Back
Top Bottom